Pezcyclingnews: Writers’ Rigs: Corey’s Sarto Asola

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Corey Fox is famous for his ‘CheapOh’ articles where he shows how careful he can be with his money, but when it comes to a new bike he has dug deep in his pockets for a beautifully finished carbon frame from Sarto. Top end wheels, bars, stem and saddle are topped off with the lower-end group from SRAM. Every penny is a prisoner in the end.Name: Corey FoxLocation: ItalyAge: Its new (We meant your age Corey, not the bike!)Bike: Sarto AsolaGroupset: SRAM RivalWheels: November NimbusPedals: Mavic (cant remember the name)Saddle: Carson Leh, custom recovered AlianteOther: Jordan Low custom paint jobWeight: silly light!What is it?A while back, I wrote an article about Enrico and Antonio Sarto artisan, carbon fiber frame makers located in a small town between Padua and Venice. I was so impressed with their workshop, their craftsmanship and the men themselves that I had them measure me up for their top of the line frame, called the Asola. I wanted to see if their product was as good as their story. The Asolo is a super light, super stiff frame that comes with an equally extreme Columbus Grammo fork. The frame and fork together are only a handful of grams over a kilo, while also being one of the stiffest offered in their catalogue.So the geometry is custom, tell us a little about your choice?Actually, my measurements came so close to their stock M size that I decided to just go ahead with that. I find that it’s more...

View the full article