Ph Balance, more to the facts and results than you know

Pcisneros

Guest
Independen Distributor and Herbal Consultant for Nature's
Sunshine Ph testing: Is your body alkaline or acidic. Urine
and Saliva can say a lot about your body's chemistry and
what is currently happening...And a simple test can tell you
what your levels are and what do they represent: Are your
different body systems been affected by your bodily fluids
being out of control. Has any body read anything about it?
Would you like to know more Pcisneros at
www.mynsp.com/web/cisneros

"PCisneros" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Independen Distributor and Herbal Consultant for Nature's
> Sunshine Ph testing: Is your body alkaline or acidic.
> Urine and Saliva can say a lot about your body's chemistry
> and what is currently happening...And a simple test can
> tell you what your levels are and what do they represent:
> Are your different body systems been affected by your
> bodily fluids being out of control. Has any body read
> anything about it? Would you like to know more Pcisneros
> at www.mynsp.com/web/cisneros

You cannot change the level at which your body's pH is set,
and it is unwise to try. I have also never seen any
alternative source produce evidence that saliva or urinary
pH gives meaningful information about blood pH. The
buffering system of the blood and the rapid control of pH
via CO2 loss or retention via the lungs means that the pH
remains stable despite many influences that would change it.

Look it up in any physiology textbook before buying
into this.

Peter Moran

>Subject: Re: Ph Balance, more to the facts and results than
>you know From: "Peter Moran" [email protected] Date:
>4/22/2004 1:02 AM Pacific Standard Time Message-id: <40878a1f$0$620$61c65585@uq-127creek-reader-
>01.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au>
>

>"PCisneros" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Independen Distributor and Herbal Consultant for Nature's
>> Sunshine Ph testing: Is your body alkaline or acidic.
>> Urine and Saliva can say a lot about your body's
>> chemistry and what is currently happening...And a simple
>> test can tell you what your levels are and what do they
>> represent: Are your different body systems been affected
>> by your bodily fluids being out of control. Has any body
>> read anything about it? Would you like to know more
>> Pcisneros at www.mynsp.com/web/cisneros
>

>You cannot change the level at which your body's pH is set,

No it is not. This is just one more thing organized medicine
has not excepted. The fact that alternative medicine are
getting reslults with balancing the ph level is *why* it is
being fought.

Do your own research and you will find Peter Moran is wrong.

Ignore the screams from the *gang* when any information is
taken from anyone who sells products to balance the ph.
Below are just a very few websites that explain the ph
level, there are many more.

Jan

http://www.rawhealth.net/bodyph.htm

The imbalance can cuase all kinds of problems. If
conventional medicine won't admit to it, it is no wonder we
have so many *unansered *health problems.
==
Have you ever changed your dietary habits to more fruits
and vegetables, or experimented with non-animal flesh
dishes. Improving a lifetime of eating habits is not an
easy task. Regardless of the reasons, most are not aware
of the physiological necessity of a plant-based diet. The
pH scale ranges from 1-14. The highest acid level
possible is a 1pH. The most alkaline level possible is a
14pH. The proportion of acid minerals relative to
alkaline minerals is the major factor I use often to
understand what is happening internally. Body chemistry
has a delicate range between 6.8-7.4 pH for proper
maintenance of health. This pH range is necessary for the
whole body to function well physically, emotionally, and
mentally. That is not a philosophy; it is a physiological
fact for cellular integrity.

The environment of the stomach is acidic, while
the intestine environment "ideally" is
alkaline. I use the word a "ideally" with
intention. Due to the poor diet of our modern
culture, the intestines are generally more
acidic than nature intended it to be. As the
landscape of dis-ease is created, it turns into
an environment of parasitic and bacterial
infestation, opposed to an alkaline symbiotic
homeostases. Would you prefer creating a toxic,
acidic, anaerobic, parasite-laden, and
systemically dis-eased body, or an alkaline,
oxygen rich cellular system, which is vitally
strong, and capable of defending itself against
common illnesses associated with an average
lifestyle? The decision is yours. Every action
you take is a choice toward health or death.
Which will you choose?

Characteristic of Alkalinity

There are five alkaline-forming minerals, also
known as acid-binding minerals. These minerals
are: calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium, and
iron. Each of these are important for creating
a healthy alkaline environment. These minerals
bind with acid minerals and evacuate those
acidic and toxic substances. Consuming more
alkaline foods allows for a mucousless body. A
vision of a mucous-free body is no sinus
congestion, chronic lymphatic congestion or
swelling, fluid accumulation in the lungs,
joint calcification, calcium deficiency, etc. A
person who has properly balanced pH will be
happy, content, free of body aches, and muscle
cramps. They will enjoy being emotionally
stable and mentally clear. The result are
extraordinary because the tissues will exist in
their natural and optimal alkaline environment,
conducive for health. Thoughts and emotions are
powerful forces that can alter our internal
chemistry. Happy people can life longer and
healthier because a positive attitude will help
create an alkaline environment. As you may have
already guessed, negative thoughts and emotions
create acidic waste. I have observed many
people who have average to fair diets live a
healthier life because their outlook or
disposition is joyous. Conversely, a person
with dark thoughts and aggressive emotions will
not find greater health on a better diet until
they deal with the greater underlying issues of
negativity. The graph on frequency illustrated
how the emotional and mental energies have a
greater influence on the body than the lower
frequencies of fresh produce or herbs. The same
holds true with their effects on body pH.
Sunlight effects the levels of acid within the
body as well. An alkaline chemistry is enhanced
by the presence of full spectrum sunlight. The
opposite is true in the absence of sunlight.
Darkness creates acid build-up within bodily
tissues. The effects compromise the immune
system, skin vitality, vitamin D production,
and more. Realize to the marrow of your bones
that intention with integrity produces the best
health possible. There are no quick fixes for
the long-term health and well-being.

Alkalinity creates. . .
Acidity creates. . .

Sense of oneness & harmony Allows for friendly bacteria
Healthy organs & glands Decreased body aches Diminished
illness Relaxed behavior Mucousless body Cellular health Well-
being Happiness Irritability Depression Mucous build-up Auto
intoxication Anxious behavior Increased illness Cellular
degradation Increases body aches Allows for bad bacteria
Sense of separation & pain

In 1911, Dr. Alexis Carrel began what is now
called "The chicken heart study." While working
in his laboratory he discovered that it was
possible to keep a chicken heart alive as long
as it remained in a colloidal nutrient solution
and replenished it faithfully every 48 hours.
By following this simple procedure he was able
to sustain the life of that tissue for 25
years! A second study which used different
cellular tissue had similar results. These are
remarkable findings. Imagine this possibility;
all creatures upon this planet have the
opportunity for immortality. By supplying a
cell with its required nutrition and removing
any metabolic or toxic waste, it can live
indefinitely. There is documentation in Chinese
medical writings were a doctor would remove
toxic or damaged organs from a person and
submerge this organ in a water or herbal bath.
Once the tissues were properly washed and
allowed to soak-up nutritive fluids, it was
reattached to the person. This procedure was a
successful and common practice that gave a
patient marked improvement in their health.
This is why fluid exchange is vitally necessary
for cellular integrity. Next time you choose
your thoughts, actions, reactions and foods, be
aware of this mortality-factor.

--------------
------

Characteristics of Acidity

Acidity, by its nature, breaks down bodily
tissue. It is created by metabolic, dietary
and environmental waste. The minerals which
are acid-forming also known as alkaline-
binding minerals are: phosphorous, chlorine,
sulfur, silicon, iodine, and bromine. Acids
are highly irritating to delicate internal
tissue. An acidic chemistry will promote
tissue dis-ease and symptomatic side-effects.
Cells can adapt to their unnaturally acidic
environment. That abnormal cell-growth is
often diagnosed as tumorous or cancerous. My
research and experience has shown that most
dis-ease is a result of acidic build-up and
an anaerobic environment. This may sound over
simplified, yet it is the initial "root
cause." In addition, when acidic accumulation
is not eliminated properly, body alkalinity
decreases and acidity increases. An acidic pH
will greatly disrupt the body's mineral
balance of the three dominant alkaline
minerals: sodium, calcium, magnesium. The
body will take calcium from the bones to
neutralize the acid environment. Eventually
it will use up or transmute its own reserve
of alkaline minerals to balance its
chemistry. When toxins remain: calcium
deposits, tissue inflammation, joints and
bones deterioration, swollen joints, body
aches, tumors, lymph congestion, excess mucus
production, skin problems, allergies, colds,
flu, swollen tonsils, loss of eyesight. In
addition to this, a host of severe
aggravation will occur from yeast and
parasitic infections. As a natural metabolic
process, acids are created and ideally
released out of the 5 eliminative organs:
bowels, kidney, lungs, skin and lymph. All
dis-ease, from viral infection to organ
dysfunction, will develop acidic waste. When
the proper proportions of quality nutrition
and water are consumed, then optimum health
is achievable. The body works in various ways
to remove the poisonous waste. Eventually it
must be removed. Suppressing a healing
opportunity or toxins with synthetic drugs
will inhibit body's janitorial service from
serving you properly. When symptoms are
suppressed acidic waste does not it to leave
the body. These waste products dry-up and
become dormant pockets of condensed waste
without an adequate outlet. This causes the
surrounding tissues to mutate. If the acid
environment is left unregulated it will
eventually result in abnormal cell-growth. If
health tissue is able it will encapsulate the
toxic and abnormal cells to keep it from
further harming local tissue.

http://www.discoverhealthandwealth.com/articles/ph-
factor.html

http://biomedx.com/microscopes/rrintro/rr4.html

http://www.souzaoenterprises.com/pH.html
http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/phbalancearticle.html

>Subject: Re: Ph Balance, more to the facts and results than
>you know From: "Peter Moran" [email protected] Date:
>4/22/04 5:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id: <40878a1f$0$620$61c65585@uq-127creek-reader-
>01.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au>

>You cannot change the level at which your body's pH is set,
>and it is unwise to try.

That is not true, but you are wise to leave it to the body
to control. The blood has many buffers. Protein buffers,
phosphate buffers, carbonate-bicarbonate with the CO2, etc.
The blood must be kept in a very narrow pH range and only
the body intellect can do this.

> I have also never seen any alternative source produce
> evidence that saliva or urinary pH gives meaningful
> information about blood pH.

You are poorly read then. Saliva and urinary pH does not
give info about the blood since the blood is so well
buffered. It does give info about the tissues , your mineral
balance, and your bodily acidosis level.

>Look it up in any physiology textbook before buying
>into this.

Guyton is a good textbook.

But even Guyton, as you, does not comprehend nor understand
what I am talking about.

DrC PhD

On 22 Apr 2004 23:07:25 GMT, [email protected] (Drceephd1) wrote:

>But even Guyton, as you, does not comprehend nor understand
>what I am talking about.
>
>DrC PhD

There are very few people who can comprehend what you are
talking about.

Aloha,

Rich

The best defense to logic is ignorance

>Subject: Re: Ph Balance, more to the facts and results than you know
>From: [email protected] (Jan)
>Date: 4/22/2004 2:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Jan says

>No it is not. This is just one more thing organized
>medicine has not excepted.

again..Janster...try and use a spell check...plus a
dictionary would help..

not EXCEPT but ACCEPT

you are making your lack of formal education more and
more apparent

>The fact that alternative medicine are getting reslults
>with balancing the ph level is *why* it is being fought.

a/ it is pH not ph or PH...as your Gang contines to misspell
if one cannot spell the word..it is unlikely they have a
clue as to its physiology

b/ it is truly laughable..if not pathetic that so many
alties continue to accept this ********...the BODY has
several systems to "balance" the pH...it cannot be done
in ways in which you don't even have a clue about

>Do your own research and you will find Peter Moran is
>wrong.

I believe our "research" is called..education in the
physical sciences...your idea of "research" comes close to
resembling reading the National Enquirer..

saying it is so...doesn't make it so

>*gang* when any information is taken from anyone who sells
>products to balance

to balance the pH...one does not need "products"...one
needs functioning lungs and kidneys...and perhaps a stint
in the ICU

hawki.....

>Subject: Re: Ph Balance, more to the facts and results than you know
>From: [email protected] (Jan)
>Date: 4/22/2004 2:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>

>The imbalance can cuase all kinds of problems. If
>conventional medicine won't admit to it, it is no wonder we
>have so many *unansered *health problems.

actually an imbalance can cause death..Janster...so no need
to worry your head about such....

>cuase

CAUSE

>unansered

unanswered

Janster... I continue to be amazed how your have the gall to
blather on and on about subjects you surely cannot fathom...

when you obviously have a real problem with elementary
school grammar

hawki.....

I find L-Gaba helps immensely to maintain pH balance for me.

"Drceephd1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040422190725.27047.00000147@mb-
m19.aol.com...
> >Subject: Re: Ph Balance, more to the facts and results
> >than you know From: "Peter Moran" [email protected]
> >Date: 4/22/04 5:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:
>
><40878a1f$0$620$61c65585@uq-127creek-reader-
>01.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au
>

> >You cannot change the level at which your body's pH is
> >set, and it is
unwise
> >to try.
>
> That is not true, but you are wise to leave it to the body
> to control.
The
> blood has many buffers. Protein buffers, phosphate
> buffers, carbonate-bicarbonate with the CO2, etc. The
> blood must be kept in a very narrow pH range and only the
> body intellect can do this.
>
> > I have also never seen any alternative source produce
> > evidence that saliva or urinary pH gives meaningful
> > information about blood pH.
>
> You are poorly read then. Saliva and urinary pH does not
> give info about
the
> blood since the blood is so well buffered. It does give
> info about the
tissues
> , your mineral balance, and your bodily acidosis level.
>
> >Look it up in any physiology textbook before buying
> >into this.
> >

> Guyton is a good textbook.
>
> But even Guyton, as you, does not comprehend nor
> understand what I am
talking
> about.
>
> DrC PhD

"Gymmy Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I find L-Gaba helps immensely to maintain pH balance for
> me.
=======================
And just how do you check your pH balance at home? What test
are you using?
:)
--
Kim Colonics to clean out your stuffed up @$$ Of all the
toxic goodies you do not pass Globs of gunk and the mucus

[email protected] (Hawki63) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >Subject: Re: Ph Balance, more to the facts and results
> >than you know From: "Gymmy Bob" [email protected] Date:
> >4/22/2004 7:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time Message-id: <aK2dne4gwcOB5hXdRVn-
> >[email protected]>
>
> >I find L-Gaba helps immensely to maintain pH balance
> >for me.
> >

> why....don't you have normal kidneys and lungs??

And you call yourself a thinking person. Using the same
argument you could say that diabetes have a pancreas and
don't need insulin injections. Or asthmatics have lungs and
don't need puffers.

Getting back to the argument of pH is it obvious the
conventional mob have been badly let down once more in yet
another area of basic health. But what is new? This is an
ongoing saga with the conventional mob failing to admit to
any natural process within the body.

From my experience the only most effective method for
improving the pH of the blood is with cellsalts -
primarily sodium phosphate and sulphate, and silica to a
lesser extent.

From the Biochemic Handbook by JB Chapman MD and Edward
L Perry MD

"NAT.PHOS. (Sodium Phosphate) Nat.Phos. is an acid
neutraliser. It is the principal remedy for the wide group
of ailments arising from an acid condition of the blood.
This tissue-salt is also of importance for the proper
functioning of the digestive organs. The assimilation of
fats and other nutrients is dependent on the action of this
remedy. A deficiency of Nat.Phos. allows uric acid to form
salts which become deposited around the joints and tissues
giving rise to stiffness and swelling, and other painful
rheumatic symptoms. Nat.Phos. is indicated whenever
symptoms of acidity are present, such as acid dyspepsia,
pain and eating and similar digestive disorders. Other
indications are highly coloured urine, golden-yellow or
creamy coating at the root of the tongue (the whole tongue
may sometimes present the appearance of a piece of
washleather), worms, nervous irritability. Sleeplessness
caused by indigestion can sometimes be remedied with a dose
of Nat.Phos. kept handy by the bedside. This remedy is of
importance in the treatment of rheumatism, lumbago,
fibrositis and associated ailments. An aid state of the
blood occurs when there is a deficiency of the soothing,
acid-neutralising tissue-salt, Nat.Phos.

NAT.SULPH. (Sodium Sulphate) Nat.Sulph. regulates the
density of the intercellular fluids (fluids which bathe the
tissue-cells) by eliminating excess water. This tissue-salt
largely controls the healthy functioning of the liver; it
ensures an adequate supply of free-flowing, healthy bile, so
necessary for the later stages of digestion. The removal of
poison-charged fluids, which are the normal result of the
chemical changes constantly taking place in the tissue-
cells, is brought about by the action of Nat.Sulph. If
conditions arise which allow these waste fluids to
accumulate in the blood and tissues, auto-intoxication (self-
poisoning) is the result. Nat.Sulph. ensures the disposal of
these poison-charged fluids and its importance in the
treatment of rheumatic ailments is therefore self-evident.
Nat.Sulph. is indicated in the treatment of ailments
affecting the liver, e.g, biliousness. Sandy deposits in the
urine, watery infiltrations, a brownish-green coating of the
tongue and a bitter taste in the mouth are some of the
symptoms. It is the principal remedy in the treatment of
influenza. Humid asthma, malaria and other conditions
associated with humidity need this remedy. A few doses of
Nat.Sulph. will help to dispel that languid feeling so often
experienced during a spell of humid, oppressive weather.

SILICA (Silicic Oxide) Silica is a cleanser and eliminator.
It is a deep-acting remedy which helps the body to throw off
non-functional organic matter that may have arrived at a
given point during Nature's effort to eliminate it from the
system. It can often initiate the healing process by
promoting suppuration and breaking up pathological
accumulations e.g., abscesses. Silica is a constituent of
the hair, skin, nails and surfaces of the bones. It also
acts in the manner of an insulator for the nerves. In cases
of checked perspiration, Silica restores the activity of the
skin, thereby aiding this important cleansing process. It is
the biochemic remedy for offensive perspiration of the feet
and arm-pits. Silica is indicted where-ever there is pus
formation or threatened suppuration e.g., abscesses, boils,
gumboils, styes, etc. It is useful in the treatment of
tonsillitis when pus has begun to form. Brittle or crippled
nails and diseases affecting the surfaces of the bones need
this remedy. Silica is helpful as a supplementary remedy in
cases of dyspepsia and pains in the region of the stomach.
The symptoms are usually worse at night and in the morning
and are relieved by the application of heat."

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/acidity.htm

"Peter Moran" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<40878a1f$0$620$61c65585@uq-127creek-reader-01.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au>...

> You cannot change the level at which your body's pH is
> set, and it is unwise to try. I have also never seen any
> alternative source produce evidence that saliva or
> urinary pH gives meaningful information about blood pH.
> The buffering system of the blood and the rapid control
> of pH via CO2 loss or retention via the lungs means that
> the pH remains stable despite many influences that would
> change it.
>
> Look it up in any physiology textbook before buying
> into this.
>
> Peter Moran

Ah yes, Peter, but there are two types of acidosis.
Immediate acidosis where the blood works to keep at 7.6
without deviation, and latent which is a disease state.
Due to the problem of acidosis not being dealt with
properly when it presents, the acids deposit around the
body in joints, tissues and arteries which eventually
leads to a debilitated and increasingly precarious state
of health, both physically and physiologically. Looks like
there is plenty of basic stuff they don't teach you in
medical school.

See the following article by Dennis Myers who describes in
detail these concepts.

HOW WE BECOME ACID The development of latent "acidosis"
http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html If we look for
common denominators to all diseases, factors that make any
disease you have worse, then correcting these factors will
help and perhaps cure, whatever is wrong with you. The fact
is, every disease begins, at a cellular level, with those
particular cells becoming acid, toxic, polluted. Since the
internal environment or internal milieu the cells live in
effects all diseases, this is the best place to start, no
matter what is wrong with you. The acid/base balance or lack
thereof in this internal milieu, is easy to evaluate.
Simply, you measure how acid your saliva and urine are, at
home. This will be explained thoroughly under Urine and
Saliva Testing and as stated this is an exceedingly useful
tool in following your own health. HOW WE BECOME ACID First,
I would like to describe what a latent" acidosis" is and how
we get into such a condition. Then I'll go into some detail
about the significance of this as the changes that happen in
our body as our cells become acid are profound. Chronic
Degenerative Disease is what develops and is what this is
all about. pH How acid something is determined by measuring
its pH. The pH of anything is set on a scale of from 1 to
14. pH 1 is the most acid, like the acid in your car
battery. pH 14 is the most basic, like the lye you spray in
an oven to clean it. Water is supposed to be neutral at a pH
of 7.0. The pH of the blood has to remain exactly 7.40, all
the time...exactly. If the blood's pH rises or falls one
tenth of a pH unit you are in intensive care in the hospital
where the pH of your blood is monitored very carefully. If
it moves two tenths either way it is lethal. How the blood
always maintains a constant pH is a very complex matter and
one that everything in the body helps to maintain, as
everything in the body depends on this sameness. Healthy
blood just transports things, in and out. It doesn't change
in composition itself, it can't and be healthy. As hospital
medicine is only concerned with serious illnesses, this is
the only place in regular medicine that pH is taken
seriously. Arterial blood pH is measured frequently in
intensive care because here the pH of the blood itself does
change. This is considered a real acidosis, as compared to a
latent one, and is a very serious condition. As far as
preventative or regular day to day medicine is concerned
these concepts are completely disregarded by modern,
allopathic doctors. Because this process of becoming acid
correlates directly with the onset of old age and the
development of chronic degenerative disease it becomes more
important, in a way, to deal with it first, as an
'outpatient', than as a patient in the hospital.
***
Strong Acids, Weak Acids and Protein The strong acids in our
bodies are those that are formed by the degradation of
protein. These are sulfuric acid, phosphoric acid and nitric
acid. These are strong, like the battery acid in your car.
Strong acids are strong in contradistinction to weak acids
such as vinegar and citrus juices. Weak acids do not ionize
(break apart completely) when in solution whereas strong
acids do. This is why vinegar does not burn holes in your
clothes, or dissolve your bones; it does not break apart
completely into an acid and a base part, it remains partly a
salt. A salt is formed when an acid and a base combine and
neutralized each other. In fact, vinegar, although an acid
when you eat it, does not stay that way. Weak acids like the
acetic acid in vinegar, tartaric acid and the acids in most
fruits and lemons contain lots of minerals which are basic,
along with their weak acid part. The weak acid part combines
with water and is converted into carbonic acid which then
breaks apart into carbon dioxide and water. You breathe out
the carbon dioxide and pass the water out through your
kidneys. The minerals remain behind to replenish deficient
minerals so in fact these weak acids in the end, alkalinize
the body by adding more minerals to it. The opposite happens
with the excretion of strong acids as they take out or leach
minerals out of the body. This is where the problem lies.
The Main Reason We Become Acid Is From Over-consumption Of
Protein When protein breaks down in our bodies, it breaks
down into the above mentioned strong acids. These three
acids must be excreted by the kidneys because they contain
sulfur, phosphorus or nitrogen which cannot break down into
water and carbon dioxide to be eliminated as the weak acids
are. In their passage through the kidneys these strong acids
must take a basic mineral with them because in this way they
are converted into their neutral salts and don't burn the
kidneys on their way out as would happen if these acids were
excreted in their free acid form. Sulfuric acid or any of
the strong acids are excreted mainly as the salts of sodium,
potassium, magnesium or calcium as these are the main basic
minerals of the body, the ones that are the most plentiful.
The sulfur in sulfuric acid can and does combine with the
calcium in your bones for one and is excreted as the
corresponding salt which is called calcium sulfate. This
salt does not harm the kidneys on its way through them but
it does rob the body of the needed basic calcium. By taking
all these basic minerals out of the body you make the body
relatively more acid. A latent "acidosis" develops then
because the body becomes relatively base deficient. Becoming
BASE DEFICIENT is the same as becoming acid, right? Latent
"acidosis" is not the frank or real acidosis (so the quotes)
of hospital medicine because the pH of the blood itself does
not change.
* * * We need protein, obviously, but all we need is 40
grams a day, a training athlete may need 80 grams a day.
The average American diet on the other hand contains as
much as 200 grams of protein per day, that's bacon and
eggs for breakfast, etc.. We all know that the "richer" we
became as a civilization and more "advanced", the more
meat we eat. Plato knew this in ancient Greece and toward
the end of that civilization I'm sure they had all the
'modern' degenerative diseases that plague us today and,
"fast foods". This is a reason postulated for the
extinction of the Mayan Indians, their skeletons are
demineralized, as if they too had been soaked in excess
acid. Maybe toward the end they became so rich they ate
Big-Mac Hamburgers too.
* * * The colloid connective tissue organ of schade As the
blood can not change, it picks up the acids and transports
them first to the connective tissues of the body where
they are stored. This is the largest organ of the body
really and in Europe it is called the colloid connective
tissue organ of SCHADE. The collagen fibers of the body
are specific acid catchers. It is also called a pre-kidney
as that is how it functions, storing acids prior to
delivery to the kidneys for excretion. Also it is the
organ that connects, holds everything in our bodies in
place. It is composed of ligaments, tendons and the like
obviously but as these break down into finer and finer
fibers it becomes literally the scaffolding that holds
every single cell in our bodies in place. If too many
acids need storing in this organ, which includes the
muscles, inflammation and pain develop. Fibromyalgia is an
acid disease for sure. The space enclosed by these finer
and finer fibers, is called PISHINGER'S SPACE, from the
German scientist that described it. Essentially, this is
the extracellular space that contains the fluids that
bathe and feed each and every cell while carrying away the
wastes from those same cells. There is no mention of this
organ in American, physiology text books, there is the
extracellular space but no organ that stores acids like
this, no pre-kidney.
* * * Base flood and base tide There is also a daily rhythm
to this acid-base, ebb and flow called by Friedrich Sander
the Base Flood and Base Tide. The stored acids are
mobilized from the connective tissues and Pishinger's
Space while we sleep. These acids reach their maximum
(base tide) concentration in this fluid, and thereby the
urine, at 2:00 AM, so the urine is the most acid at this
time. The acid content of the urine directly reflects the
acid content of the fluid in Pishinger's Space, the
extracellular fluid compartment of the body. By the time
you get up though, in the morning, all the acids consumed
and generated the day before should be gone, excreted
while you slept, contained in your bladder and ready to be
voided when you wake. This first urine should be acid when
you get up in the A.M.. The urine pH you should check
though is the pH of the urine measured the second time you
empty your bladder in the morning as this reflects the pH
of the body fluids at that time, in the morning, not the
pH of the urine from the night before. Therefore, your
A.M. urine, the second voided specimen after you get up,
should be back to about neutral, close to pH 7.00 (pH 6.8
to be exact). Because most everyone is acid, this is
hardly ever the case. More and more acids accumulate day
after day and chronic, degenerative disease develops as
the direct result of the pleomorphic changes that take
place in the blood as discussed above. Each day we add to
the acids not disposed of the day before. On the other
hand, this Pishinger's Space, becomes most alkaline around
2:00 PM, the Base Flood, as then the most bicarbonate is
being generated by the cover cells of the stomach (see
below), after lunch and breakfast have been metabolized,
actually. If your urine is not alkaline at 2:00 P.M. you
are definitely in an acid condition.
* * * BICARBONATE In the normal situation, hydrochloric acid
is produced by the cover cells of the stomach. Table salt,
sodium chloride, is split into hydrochloric acid and
sodium bicarbonate. The production of each molecule of
hydrochloric acid is matched by the production of an
equivalent molecule of sodium bicarbonate The acid goes
into the stomach and and the sodium bicarbonate goes into
the blood stream and circulates all around, first flushing
out the excess acid in the tissues and especially, freeing
the collagen fibers and the colloidal connective tissue
organ from the adsorbed acids stored there. Any bicarb
that is left over, is picked up by the alkaline glands,
the liver, pancreas, etc.. Of course, this is why our
bodies are most alkaline around 2:00 P.M. . This is after
our stomachs have pretty well digested breakfast and
lunch. The stomachs have made all the hydrochloric acid
they needed for that and the equivalent amount of sodium
bicarbonate needed to neutralize the body and refill the
alkaline glands of the body, pancreas, liver, etc.. After
those glands digested the breakfast and lunch they need
filled up again too! Where does their alkalinity come
from? It comes from the blood and from the alkaline food
we eat, our fruits and vegetables as will be described
below. An imbalance happens, of course, if enough alkaline
food is not eaten and because the sodium bicarbonate
generated by the stomach's cover cells, does not all go to
the alkaline glands (pancreas, liver, salivary glands and
the alkaline glands in the duodenum). On the way through
the body to those glands, some of it gets used up by
neutralizing acid residues from the previous meal and ones
stored in the connective tissue organ from before. If
there is not enough base left over after a meal, enough
base to neutralize and clear the acids stored in the
connective tissues, a relative base deficiency develops
which is again, the latent "acidosis". When this happens
the liver and pancreas don't end up with enough alkaline
juices to ensure proper digestion. Digestion can't proceed
without enough of these alkaline juices for the liver and
pancreas, etc., so the stomach has to produce more acid,
in order to make enough base, ad nauseam, and one can
develop stomach ulcers. The ulcer is not the result of too
much acid, on the contrary, it is the result of too little
base! The 'excess' acid is there as a necessary by product
as the organism has to generate it so more bicarb can be
made to satisfy the needs of the liver and pancreas.
* * * REPLACEMENT OF MINERALS If minerals are lost because
they are excreted with the excess protein acids we
consume, we can either cut down on such consumption and/or
replace the minerals. THESE LOST BASE MINERALS CAN ONLY BE
REPLACED WITH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. We have to eat our
fruits and vegetables! "An apple a day does keep the
doctor away." This is so because the minerals from plants,
organic minerals, are the only ones our bodies can use.
Organic minerals are much different then the minerals from
rocks, inorganic minerals. Sodium from a plant for
example, is much different than the sodium from table
salt. For the basis of this discussion it would be best to
assume that they are not the same at all. You can eat all
the table salt you want and the cells themselves can still
be sodium or base deficient. The sodium used for building
cells has to be organic, from plants and it is the main
base mineral we have because there is so much of it.
Sodium chloride or table salt serves an entirely different
function in the body. In the same way, calcium from a
plant is a lot different from say "Tums for the Tummy".
Tums are calcium carbonate or limestone, a ground up rock.
We can't digest rocks, that's what plants do. We simply
don't eat enough fruits and vegetables to compensate for
the minerals lost, because of our "rich", fast life diets.
If we are BASE DEFICIENT, and most of us are, then our
whole body is in a relatively acid condition. That is all
there is to it.
* * * LATENT "ACIDOSIS" So, in this acid condition we are
talking about, we aren't "acidotic" in so many words,
rather we are base deficient. This is why 80 or 90 year
old, old folks, are shrunk up, little people. They have no
mineral stores left. When all the minerals are gone, so
are we, our battery runs down. It is just like a battery.
The cells of our body do carry a charge that can be
measured as the oxidation/reduction potential of the
blood. This energy potential decreases with aging, just as
the minerals do. We become more oxidized (so the need for
antioxidants). Both things occur because of hyper-
proteinization, too much protein. We aren't acidotic as
they say in a hospital, in shock, when things have gone so
bad that the very pH of the blood itself begins to change,
Code Blue. Rather, in a state of latent "acidosis" we are
full of stored acid residues, residues stored in the
Pishinger space waiting for a ride out on base minerals
that aren't there. This is the latent in latent
"acidosis". Blood values have not started to change yet,
so the acidosis is stored in the tissues as it were. The
tissues are acid but technically this is not an acidosis
either as the blood appears normal. If things get worse,
this latent "acidosis" can proceed into what is called a
compensated acidosis. This means the blood pH itself still
hasn't started to change but other values in the blood
have had to change to keep the blood pH the same 7.40 that
it is supposed to be. Decompensated acidosis is when the
blood pH itself is effected.
* * * Hospital Based Acid / Base Medicine As the blood
itself begins to be effected the compensated metabolic
acidosis of regular medicine is the next to develop. This
is when the blood pH begins to be stressed if you will.
Compensated means the blood pH really doesn't change, yet.
When it begins to change it is no longer compensated, it
has become decompensated. In a compensated acidosis the
first event that happens to begin the compensation process
is that the breathing rate increases in order to blow off
more carbonic acid which helps keeps the pH "normal", at
7.4, not lower which is acid. This is revealed in the
arterial blood gasses as a lower PCO2 concentration which
is the measure of how much carbon dioxide there is in the
blood. Carbon dioxide, CO2, combines with water, H2O, to
form carbonic acid, H2CO3. Blow off carbonic acid which
will lower the carbon dioxide content of the blood and you
will increase the pH of the blood. This increased
breathing rate happens in diabetic acidosis for the same
reason. Also the plasma bicarbonate level [HCO3-] which is
measured as part of the blood gasses, is decreased.
Because of the relative base deficiency, the stomach can
no longer produce the required amount of stomach acid so
the corresponding bicarbonate that should come from the
reverse synthesis of the hydrochloric acid, just isn't
there. Also since the sodium and other base minerals are
decreased, bicarbonate is actually lost out the kidneys
because there aren't enough bases like sodium to connect
with the bicarbonate so the kidneys can reabsorb them.
This point will be covered more below. This is the
compensated metabolic acidosis of hospital medicine then,
low PCO2 concentration, decreased bicarbonate level [HCO3-
] with little effect on blood pH yet. In the type of
latent "acidosis" we are talking about there are no
changes in the blood gasses. The blood pH, PCO2, [HCO3-],
are all normal. The latent "acidosis" we are talking about
hasn't developed into the compensated metabolic acidosis
described above. When the breathing rate can no longer get
any faster and when the kidneys can no longer increase
their function to keep up with the acid load then, the
blood pH itself does start to change, it can fall from
7.4 down to 7.2. This is decompensated metabolic acidosis
and is a most serious condition. At blood pH of 6.95 the
heart relaxes with coma and death.
* * * Acids that come from outside the body The Latent
acidosis described above is through the development of
exogenous (the problem comes from the outside of the body)
base under-nourishment, not eating enough fruits and
vegetables and consuming too much acid protein. This of
course produces the relative base deficiency that we call
"latent acidosis".
* * * Acids That Come From Inside The Body The second way
this "latent acidosis" can develop or be aggravated is
through the pathological formation of acids in the
organism. These are called endogenous acids (come from
inside the body). This frequently happens as a
consequence of intestinal fermentation in the intestine,
too many of the wrong kinds of bacteria there (see below,
Dysbiosis). This can also happen if there is a
malfunctioning organ in the body, heart, liver, whatever,
a diseased organ, an organ injured in an accident or one
inherited that way. Anything that doesn't work right,
produces toxic, acid by-products, oxidants. These acid
by-products then can be the end result of the base under
nourishment or malfunctioning organs with the symptoms
described above or they can be the forerunners of and
cause of further degeneration of organs. When this
happens there is no more "latent", acidosis. It becomes a
frank acidotic condition, compensated to decompensated
acidosis, diabetic coma and the like. With the above
scenario come the diseases that call forth, through
anomalies of their own metabolism, the more serious acid
producing conditions such as diabetes, uremia or kidney
failure, hepatic failure, heart failure and other such
illnesses. In these conditions the acidosis is only
latent in its beginning state. As the illness progresses,
the endogenous (from in the body) production of toxic,
metabolic acids quickly becomes worse, attacking not only
the alkala-reserve of the body, from the liver, pancreas,
etc., but also the alkala-reserve of the blood itself.
* * * EFFECTS ON DIGESTION Acidification of the intestines
As we get base deficient, the digestion itself is also is
effected. The bile from the gall bladder and the digestive
juices from the pancreas all have to have a lot of base in
them, sodium bicarb actually, to be able to neutralize the
stomach acid as it passes out of the stomach and into the
intestine and in order to activate the enzymes from the
pancreas that require an alkaline medium in which to work.
If the acid from the stomach isn't neutralized, colitis or
inflammation of the intestine can happen. As stated above,
the main problem with decreased acid in the stomach is
that as the cells that make the acid in the stomach make
acid, they also make the base, sodium bicarbonate. If
these cells don't make enough acid they don't make enough
base either. Again, the sodium bicarbonate/base that is
made as the stomach makes its hydrochloric acid is carried
by the blood stream to the salivary glands, the gall
bladder system, glands in the pylorus (the part of the
intestine the stomach is connected to) and the pancreas.
These are the alkaline glands of the body and essentially
they neutralize the acid contents of the stomach. If there
is not enough base to neutralize the acid from the stomach
the intestines become acid too. Without enough of this
sodium bicarbonate/base for these organs, digestion cannot
proceed properly and indigestion occurs.
* * * Dysbiosis Also if the pH of the intestines is not
right, different bacteria and eventually yeast can grow
there, dysbiosis (wrong growth), in place of the bacteria
that should be there. This causes its own set of
problems. If the environment of the intestines is not
alkaline but acid, dysbiosis (wrong growth) occurs. The
gut fills with and supports the growth of the wrong kind
of bacteria, fungus, yeast, Candida sp., etc.. These
bacteria in turn generate their own acidic, toxic by-
products of metabolism that further aggravate and
maintain the already latent "acidotic" condition. When
this dys-biosis or wrong growth begins, it begins with
fermentation and as fermentation is the process of
eating, metabolizing and excreting that bacteria do,
alcohol is produced. Fermentation like this can even
cause cirrhosis of the liver in patients that have never
drunk alcohol in their life. As when making wine, this
fermentation process can go 'bad' and begin to rot.
Vinegar and other rotten things are produced. This
vinegar acid and the other things can cause "heart burn"
too, along with the bloating and gas that come with the
fermentation process but this kind of heart burn is not
from too much acid, hydrochloric acid, it is from not
enough. In this kind of heart burn, that comes an hour or
two after you eat, other acids form, acetic acid as in
vinegar and other putrefactive acids. These acids cause
the "heart" burn. The meal is not digesting well as with
a good amount of hydrochloric acid, it is fermenting
instead. These rotten things are reabsorbed back into the
body and picked up by the blood like anything in the gut.
These rotting things in the gut just don't make you feel
well. It's why there are constipation headaches,
sleepless nights from food eaten too late to digest
(nights where undigested food just ferments and rots all
night, makes bad dreams). The skin also tries to expel
such toxins, pimples, rashes and other skin problems
develop. With this kind of "heart burn" one hurts after
eating, right away or an hour or two later, rather than
before as with an ulcer. This can burn with reflux up the
esophagus, worse while lying down, or it can be just
pressure over the whole abdomen from the gas. This gas
can actually push the stomach through the diaphragm into
the lung cavity, producing a hiatal hernia. Food also
does not help this dys-biotic type of heart burn while it
does help the pain of an ulcer especially when the
stomach is empty, say at night.
* * * The Indican Urine Test Indican is one of these rotten
by-products that is formed in the dys-biotic gut and it
too is reabsorbed from the intestines, back into the
blood stream to be finally excreted in the urine. The
Indicin Urine Test measures the amount of Indican in the
urine. There should be none of course and this test can
be used to measure the degree of dys-biosis occurring in
a patient.
* * * Digestive Enzymes One can live without a stomach. That
there is not enough acid to activate some of the digestive
enzymes in the stomach is not the real problem as far as
this indigestion is concerned. It is because there is not
enough base in the liver, pancreas, etc.. Pepsin excreted
by the stomach cells needs an acid environment in the
stomach to work. Pepsin digests proteins. If there is no
acid and no pepsin or if there is ineffective pepsin from
the stomach because of no acid (or if there is no stomach)
the protein passes into the intestine where the enzyme
trypsin from the pancreas does digest it. Trypsin can only
work in an alkaline environment. Most of the digestion
takes place in the alkaline environment of the intestines,
not in the stomach.
* * * Indigestion If the food can't be digested properly,
too much acid, not enough base, the wrong kind of
bacteria in the intestines, whatever, one gets in-
digestion, means just what it says. Things just don't
digest right. This includes bloating and pressure because
if the food doesn't digest, it in fact ferments and then
rots. The fermentation part causes gas, the rotting part
causes the obvious. Every organ is effected. The body is
Wholistic. This whole process of de-acidification, the
use of Balanced Base Powder, recharges the stomach acid
system really, like a battery, whether there is too much
or not enough acid produced by the stomach cells. When
the stomach cells make acid, they split the resulting
NaCl or salt into separate sodium and chloride ions and
this takes a tremendous amount of energy. Sucking acid
out of the stomach with Balanced Base Powder makes the
stomach produce more acid and thereby more base, of
course, which goes on its merry way into the blood stream
ready to clean up acid residues and replenish the
alkaline digestive glands.
* * * Increased Acid In The Stomach As we know, as one gets
acidotic, first the body develops a latent "acidosis". If
there is not enough base left over when the hydrochloric
acid of the stomach is produced, the relative base
deficiency develops, the latent "acidosis", because the
liver and pancreas don't have enough alkaline juices.
Digestion can't proceed without enough of these alkaline
juices so the stomach has to produce more acid, in order
to make just a little more alkaline, basic, juices ad
nauseam. The stomach lining fills up with stored
hydrochloric acid, the tissues start to break down from
the excess acid, ulcers form and then the Hylicobacter
pylori bacteria come out of the cells and finish the job,
cleaning up the ulcer in the process. The stomach and its
ulcers are one of the body's ways of trying to get rid of
acid, through the only acid producing organ in the body,
the stomach. By the time an ulcer has formed in the body,
Pischinger's Space, all the connective tissues, everything
will have become saturated with acid residues. In such a
condition the body is trying desperately to rid itself of
too much acid. In the above condition the stomach makes
more hydrochloric acid than the body needs just so it can
make a little extra bicarbonate for the pancreas and
liver. This acid is actually stored in the stomach itself
and so this is the "deposit-hydrochloric acid" of
Friederich Sander. The following quotes are from, The Acid-
Base Household of the Human Organism and its cooperation
with the NaCl circulation and the rhythm of the Liver,
Friederich F. Sander, about 1930, translated from the
German by Robert Miller, D.C. This book is not yet in
print in English.
* * * Deposit Hydrochloric Acid The intestines become acid
with a base deficiency because, the stomach is pushed to
make more base (and as a by-product, more acid). At first,
the excess acid made in response to the need for
bicarbonate, is actually stored as the deposit-
hydrochloric acid in the stomach, causing ulcers,
gastritis and the like. Again and more importantly, if the
stomach doesn't make acid it doesn't make the base, sodium
bicarbonate, which is the more important of the two for
digestion. "The real problem here is that of a one sided
scenario where regular medicine only views the stomach as
a digestive organ, not a depot or deposit organ (for
excess acid from the body itself) or as a regulation organ
for the Acid-Base Household." "As soon as one sees the
stomach cells also as a deposit-organ, not only a
digestive organ, for those hydrochloric acids which are
being formed in the cover cells because those cover cells
are being forced to produce sodium bicarbonate as a
consequence of the base-deficiency of the organism." When
one sees this and then sees that the stomach cells store
the excess acid of the body (as do all cells of the body)
so that the bicarbonate produced when the HCl was
produced, can be used to make up for the bicarb used up in
its passage through the body in the blood stream, cleaning
up and neutralizing acid 'sludge' all along the way.
* * * Decreased Acid In The Stomach Achlorhydria, Absent or
Decreased Acid causes indigestion for sure and is more
common than "heart burn" or real over acid production,
especially in older folks. As above, this condition begins
as the over-stimulation of the cover cells of the stomach,
over-stimulated so they can make more bicarbonate for the
liver and pancreas because of the underlying latent
"acidosis" and relative base deficiency. After awhile the
stomach cells just can't do it anymore, make more and more
acid while trying to generate more base to correct the
base deficiency, the latent acidosis. The Treatment Of The
Over-acid And Under-acid Conditions Is the Same as It Is
With Any Other Disease. TREATMENT IS WHOLISTIC AND
GENERIC. When the stomach makes too little acid, the whole
process of using up the hydrochloric acid in the stomach
with the Base Powder does, recharge, the system, makes it
work harder and in time better. Digestion improves. In the
over acid condition the Base Powder sucks the excess acid
out of the system, the whole system or body. In time the
acid residues are cleared and the base deficiency restored
so the stomach doesn't have to make so much acid anymore.
In the under acid condition the baking soda stimulates the
production of more hydrochloric acid, and therefore blood
born bicarbonate, which clears the latent "acidosis",
restores the base mineral deficit and the stomach cells
can heal. This, in time, really works. Baking soda IVs
speed both these processes up considerably. The treatment
for both conditions is the same as one is just an
extension of the other, the hyperacid condition leading to
the condition where little or no hydrochloric acid is
produced by the cover cells of the stomach.
* * * Cows Milk This phenomenon of hyper-proteinization is
best illustrated by the drinking of milk. Cow's milk has
three times as more protein in it than human, mother's
milk. It is easy to measure the amount of calcium one puts
in one's mouth and the amounts that are passed through the
urine and feces. This large amount of protein is converted
into acids of course and these acids leach more calcium
out of the bones than was provided by the milk in the
first place! Cow's milk causes osteoporosis. It is an
absolute lie when they say, "Milk builds strong bones".
Add to this the fact that 50% of the calcium that is
ingested by the drinking of pasteurized milk is not
absorbed, just because it is pasteurized. Also
pasteurization does not kill all of the bacteria in the
milk. Salmonella is transmitted via pasteurized milk as a
matter of fact. This all means to me that something that
is not right. As far as pasteurized milk is concerned, any
farmer knows that if you feed a baby calf pasteurized milk
for a few months it will die. We aren't even baby cows.
Add to this that about 80% of people are allergic to milk
and it seems to be not such a good food to eat.
* * * Cholesterol These facts are not unknown. In 1977, the
senator George McGovern introduced a list of dietary
guidelines for the American people. On the top of the list
was the recommendation that we decrease our consumption of
protein. One year later this was removed from the record
by the meat and dairy industries and replaced with the
cholesterol scare. Cholesterol is not the problem, protein
is. Protein Is Stimulatory And Is Therefore A Negative
Energy Source Besides this, in the long run protein is not
a positive energy source. Although protein can, in
starvation, yield 4 kilo calories per gram of body mass,
the same as carbohydrate (compared to 9 kilo calories per
gram of body fat) its effect is mainly stimulatory. Next
to drugs, pharmaceutical or otherwise, protein is the most
stimulating thing we consume. Coffee for example, will get
you going for about an hour. A T-bone steak on the other
hand will keep you pumped up for four to five hours. The
fact is that, it takes so much energy for the body to
process protein, digest it and then eliminate it, that it
ends up being a negative energy source, taking more energy
from the body than it gives to it. This is the basis of
the so called 'high protein', weight reduction diets. You
will loose weigh on a high protein diet but the long term
consequences of this are untold by those that advertise
such procedures.
* * * Drugs As far as acids are concerned, the only things
more acid than protein are drugs, all of them. Most drugs
are alkaloids that, as with protein, contain nitrogen.
These drugs have to be converted first to their
corresponding strong acid, nitric acid in this case, and
then to the mineral salt, sodium, potassium or calcium
nitrate before they can be excreted. Aspirin, Motrin, all
such anti-inflammatory medicines for arthritis, make the
arthritis worse in the long run. This is so because the
aspirin and the rest are alkaloids which are converted to
strong acids in their excretion. Strong acids don't help
joints and aching bones. When the body can't deal with the
excess acids we consume, one of the places these acids are
stored is in the joints. Fluid taken from a swollen joint
is always acid Coffee is a drug, herbal medicines are
drugs. All things like these have alkaloids as their
active ingredients and are drugs. Pharmaceutical drugs are
essentially synthetic alkaloids, made from petroleum. Over
the counter antacid drugs Pepcid, Zantac, Axid, Tagamet
and the like, block this excess acid outpouring. These
drugs stop the acid production of the stomach. This
produces only symptomatic relief. One of the bigger crimes
of the petro-chemical drug industry in recent times has
been the ease with which these now, over-the-counter,
Histamine, H2-blockers can be obtained. These include
Tagamet, Pepcid, Zantac, Axid and a host of newer more
expensive ones. They are all the same. These drugs block
the production of the hydrochloric acid by the stomach,
and thereby relieve "acid indigestion". If one blocks
hydrochloric acid production by the stomach with these
medicines, where does this excess acid go (it is excess or
one wouldn't have an ulcer)? Does the toxic acid then
become buried, impregnated in the body somewhere? Does
this then proceed on to the Neoplasm phase or does the
excess acid just accumulate more in the muscles and
tendons, causing you to hurt more or whatever? Do your
bones dissolve more or your heart skip more beats, etc.,
etc.? It takes awhile to know all this, years, so the
pharmaceutical companies won't be held libel. As these
medicines are relatively new, the side effects of the
blocked acid excretion "remain to be seen" as far as
regular medicine is concerned. But, if the problem is,
that the body is so full of stored acids that the stomach
has to work overtime to get rid of them, then to block the
excretion of those acids -- how does that help? Where does
that blocked hydrochloric acid go? It aggravates the acid
condition that caused its over production in the first
place so it has to back up farther in the system. It just
puts the acid problem off until later, symptomatic relief.
Still, that you can buy these over the counter now,
without a prescription even, is, for lack of a better
word, abominable. They shouldn't be used even with a
prescription, except in a hospital setting, say with an
actively bleeding ulcer where there is no other recourse.
To get at the cause of the excess acid production, rather
than blocking it with pharmaceutical H2 blockers, is the
obvious and most desirable therapy.
* * * CHRONIC DEGENERATIVE DISEASE WHAT IS IT? The point of
all this is, then, that if this condition of "latent
acidosis" is not acknowledged, if the above non-specific
symptoms are not recognized and dealt with for what they
are, then, SPECIFIC DISEASES do develop.  The above
GENERIC SYMPTOMS, 'localize' in the body's weakest place,
the locus minoris resistentiae, and frank organ
degeneration begins to take place.  THE ABOVE IS CHRONIC
DEGENERATIVE DISEASE. This "localization in the body's
place of least resistance" can take the form of any of the
SPECIFIC, NAMED, CHRONIC, DEGENERATIVE, DISEASES THAT
THERE ARE.  CHRONIC DEGENERATIVE DISEASE IS WHOLISTIC, IT
EFFECTS THE WHOLE BODY.
* * * AS THIS BASE DEFICIENCY BEGINS TO DEVELOP ALL THE
THINGS MENTIONED ABOVE BEGIN TO HAPPEN: The General
Results Of Base Deficiency: The acidity leads to the
pleomorphic changes in the blood. As stated above,
whenever there is anything in nature that is dying,
beginning to decay, something comes and eats it up. When
things get old in the body, acid and toxic, organisms do
come out of the cells, organisms that devour the old cells
they came out of in the first place. In other words, the
Protits in the cells change, stick together and become the
viruses, bacteria and so on. That is what the microbes,
germs, are for.

Sodium becomes deficient first from the blood serum (most
of the sodium in the body is in the serum whereas the
potassium is inside the cells). The acids and even excess
protein itself can be, as one of the last resorts, stored
in the cells themselves. This causes the cells to swell and
edema develops. Of course one is sick by this time. The
cells swell in order to dilute the acids in them, the acids
that shouldn't be there. High blood pressure can develop
because of this.

Potassium leaves the cells and weakness, tiredness, and
wasting develop. Low blood pressure can be a result of this.

Calcium leaves the bones and you have osteoporosis. The bone
calcium goes into the blood and you get muscle cramps. The
blood has to get rid of the "extra" calcium very quickly or
one develops tetany. Tetany is a Charlie Horse type cramp,
of every muscle in the body. The body doesn't mess around
with calcium, it gets rid of it, deposits it or excretes it.
So, why should we, mess around with calcium? It should only
be used, as a medicine, in a hospital. All the organic, good
calcium that our bodies can use, is contained in the
vegetables, especially the dark, green leafy ones. We don't
need milk, we don't need extra calcium supplements.
* * * There are many studies from around the world that show
that the more protein a society consumes, the more
osteoporosis they have. Osteoporosis is definitely an acid
disease. The calcium is just leached out of the bones by
these metabolic acids. Calcium, or lack thereof, is not
the problem, over acidification is. This calcium has to be
excreted by the kidneys or in the faeces or it will be
deposited, somewhere in the body. It can be measured in
the urine. It can be deposited in the lining of the
arteries, kidney or gallbladder -- stones can develop. It
can be deposited in the brain causing dementia or
arthritic deposits form, on and on...and then the microbes
come out of the acidic, hurt, swollen cells to help get
rid of the deposits. Inflammation develops, pain, more
swelling, blocked arteries. The amount of calcification in
the body correlates directly with the onset of 'old age'.
Also, all these old micro-organisms are being re-
discovered, inside the diseased tissues effected by
Chronic Degenerative Disease, cancer, the bacteria
Chlamydia pheumoniae being isolated from the arteries in
most cases of hardening of the arteries...Stomach ulcers
have been treated for some time with antibiotics. Where is
this going? Vaccines and antibiotics for arterial disease
that is for sure.

The Symptoms of Being Acid
http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/symp.html The acidity, the
pH of the body, it's fluids and cells, is the most important
homeostatic or balancing act the body has to perform. The
acidity of the blood has to remain exactly the same all the
time. The fact that we are alkaline beings by design but
acid generating beings by function makes this the most basic
function the body has to perform, no pun intended, besides
and including breathing and pumping one's blood around. As
we become more and more acid, accumulate and store more
acids in our connective tissues this is what happens;
1. First, there is an increased sense of well being from
the "stimulatory" reaction of the bodies regulatory
system that operates in high gear to process the
excess acid.
2. The patient therefore believes her or his self to be
totally well.
3. This type of person tends to be an over achiever,
active, always running.
4. The person is overly ambitious due to the acidic
irritation of the nerves.
5. Later, as the process progresses the patient becomes;
A.Irritable and difficult to please B Exhausted, fatigued C
Listless and inability to get anything done D Constantly
finds fault E Sees only the pessimistic side of life F
Can't sleep restfully G Wakes tired in the A.M. H
Generalized aches and pains I Loss of appetite or
ravenous hunger J Obstipation (difficulty moving bowls)
to constipation K Gallbladder pains and frequent
headaches L Frequent redness of the nose or parts of the
nose M Hardness and pain of the neck and shoulder muscles
with pressure, and pain of the back of the head nerves
with pressure N Often coated tongue and halitosis,
enlarged tonsils O Moist hands with poor blood supply,
cold hands, pale to white P Tendency to sweat, tendency
to development of skin rashes Q Susceptibility to colds
and bronchitis with large mucous secretions as an attempt
to rid the body of acid, the excretion and reaction
phases of Homotoxicology R Women tend to be pale with
scant, heavy or irregular periods S Blood pressure tends
to be lower at first T The Indicin-Test of the Urine (see
below) is usually positive. This is a test for rotten
products in the intestine that are reabsorbed by the
blood stream and re-excreted out the urine when the
intestines are in a dys-biotic condition, when abnormal
bacteria are growing there because of the latent acidosis
U Shows aging as the sodium is depleted from the body
fluids and potassium from muscles causing wasting and
weakness, and then calcium from the bones which is
osteoporosis, arthritis and the like.

URINE AND SALIVA TESTING
http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/test.html This is an old
and simple test of urine and saliva that was used
extensively before modern blood tests came into existence.
The amount of information it provides is considerable and
forms a basis that unites all forms of medicine, makes them
all work if you will. As stated above, the basic premise is
that as societies become more "advanced", protein
consumption, fast foods, (not necessarily, fat, cholesterol)
become the basic foods. These foods are converted to strong
acids which must be eliminated by the kidneys. Every acid
molecule that is passed through the kidneys must take a
mineral with it so we develop a relative base deficiency,
i.e. we become acid. As a result, pleomorphic organisms come
out of the blood, out of the cells themselves to clean up
the mess. This is chronic degenerative disease. So, the
healing process, no matter what is wrong with you, begins
with RE-MINERALIZATION. The only way you can replace these
minerals is by consuming fruits and vegetables. You can take
mineral supplements but these only work temporarily. These
type of minerals are basically ground up rocks and cannot be
incorporated into the body cells. Plants can digest rocks,
people can't. We have to eat our fruits and vegetables. This
urine/saliva tests shows basically how many minerals are
left in our bodies, i.e. what the MINERAL RESERVES of the
body are and what we must do to remineralize it. This lays
the foundation for any and all healing therapies.
* * * The test is simple: Saliva test upon waking. First
thing in the morning right when you get out of bed, lick
and wet the end of an acid test strip with saliva. Note
the color change and write down that pH number. Do this
before brushing your teeth, drinking, smoking, or even
thinking of eating any food. This pH should be 6.8.

Then test your second urine of the morning. The urine stored
in your bladder during the night, that is ready to be
eliminated when you get up, should be acid so you don't want
to test that. Drain your bladder in the morning, the last
time you get up if you get up during the night and then see
what that urine pH is. Again, record this number. This
number should be the pH of your urine after you got rid of
your acid load from the day before. The acids should be gone
the second time you go to the bathroom so your urine pH
should be around 6.8 also.

Eat breakfast, an apple will do, anything, and five minutes
after breakfast check your saliva again. Write this number
down also. This number should go up from what it was before
you ate, the more the better.

Then check your urine pH between meals, i.e. between
breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner. The pH
should always be 7.0 to
8.5, a couple of hours after meals.

These five tests show the following: How well your digestive
system dealt with what you ate the night before, i.e. the AM
urine pH. These numbers may change from day to day depending
on what you did eat the night before. . How well we treat
ourselves in general, i.e. how "strong" the liver
is. This is the AM saliva pH. This number shows the overall
state of our health, the condition of the alkaline
reserve of our bodies which reflects the diet we have
eaten over the last months to years. This number stays
rather constant and will only change after some work has
been done in re-mineralizing the body. Since the saliva
pH is an indicator of intracellular pH, saliva pH
readings should never be below the pK of the phosphate
buffer system, 6.8. (see below).

The most accurate reading of saliva pH is recorded
immediately upon awakening--after sleeping at least five
hours and before brushing the teeth. It is during sleep that
the body removes waste and is in an anabolic state restoring
and replenishing the body. If the patient has a saliva pH of
5.5 at this time and only 5.6 after eating, you know that
this person has no alkaline reserve and that his body is
devoid of the minerals necessary to process food properly--
his body cannot adequately respond to the physiological
crisis of handling food.

The pH of your saliva after you eat gives an indication of
what the mineral reserves of your body are (the pH number
should increase after you eat). My son just thought of a
lemon for a minute and the pH of his saliva went up a whole
point. He had enough reserve minerals, which are basic, to
pull into his digestive system to begin the digestive
process. The ideal saliva pH pattern is 6.8 on awakening,
7. before eating and 8.5 following breakfast.

Besides just thinking of a lemon one can eat one. This is a
simple test that can be done at most any time of the day. It
too checks the adequacy of the alkaline reserve of the body.
When a healthy person with adequate alkaline reserves takes
a bite of highly acid lemon, the saliva pH drops sharply for
an instant but returns almost immediately to pH 8.5. The
more acidic the food that is eaten, the more rapid the
response of the alkaline reserve, and the higher the saliva
pH should be following a meal.

The pH's of the urine between meals should be kept in the
basic range, pH 7.0 to 8.5. After one eats, the stomach
generates the necessary acid to digest the food. While doing
this, it also performs the opposite action, i.e. it makes an
equivalent amount of base or baking soda, sodium
bicarbonate, that is picked up by the blood stream and
delivered to the alkaline glands of the body, the saliva,
the pancreas and the liver. The maximum amount of base in
the blood and therefore in the urine occurs one to two hours
after you eat. This rhythm of the acid and base flow of the
body, is called by Frederick F Sander, the Base-floods and
the Base-tides of the Acid-Base household. This information
is from, The Acid-Base Household of the Human Organism and
its cooperation with the nail circulation and the rhythm of
the Liver, Frederick F. Sander, about 1930, translated from
the German by Robert Miller, D.C. This book is not yet in
print in English. Actually the body fluids and therefore the
urine is most acid at 2:00
A.M. (pH 5.0 to 6.8) in the morning (the base tide) and
most alkaline at 2:00 P.M. (pH 7.0 to 8.5) in the
afternoon (base flood). "The ideal pH numbers depend
on the time of day. Plotted on a curve it looks like
the double hump of the back of a camel. Two times a
day the urine should be alkaline and that is the top
of the humps and corresponds to 10 A.M. and 2 P.M.,
the alkaline tide after meals. During the rest of the
day the pH should be between 6.6 and 6.8. This is
optimal urine. The first urine in the morning should
be more acidic because of the decalcification that
takes place during the night." If all the acids are
not all flushed out during the night they accumulate,
day after day. It hurts for one thing and the cycle of
chronic disease begins. It effects different people in
different ways; heart disease in one, arthritis,
osteoporosis, stones, ulcers, cancer, in others. If
what you are doing to get better isn't working, if you
are sick, be it with modern allopathic medicines or
any of the alternative, complementary therapies, it is
probably because you haven't dealt with this acid
problem, first. Definitely, this puts the
responsibility of caring for one's own health back
into a patient's hands. It guides your therapy and
shows you if what you are doing is working or not. You
do the above tests a month or so after you did the
initial ones. The numbers should be less acid, if you
are doing the right thing. If not, you and your doctor
should, re-consult. It all takes time.
* * * Simple pH Indicator Solution A simple way to prepare a
pH indicator, instead of using pH strips, is to use the
spice, Turmeric. Turmeric is a yellow powder but in a
basic solution it turns a ruby red color. Actually, it
turns color right at a pH of 6.8. the pH that the urine
and saliva should be, most of the time. To prepare this pH
indicator solution you just add a teaspoon of Turmeric to
a pint of rubbing alcohol. Shake it up and let it settle.
To use it pour some of the yellow, alcohol/Turmeric
solution into a test tube or similar container. A small
drinking glass will do. Add a few drops of urine or saliva
and if it turns red it means that whatever was added had a
pH greater than 6.8, that it was alkaline. If it stays
yellow the pH is acid, less than 6.8, need more fruits and
vegetables. If your urine is acid you need Base Powder.
You take enough Base Powder so that the Turmeric solution
stays red most of the time. After awhile it will stay red
all by itself and then you will know what it means to be
in pH balance. You will simply just feel good.

THE TREATMENT OF BEING ACID CAUSAL THERAPY FOR LATENT
ACIDOSIS http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/treat.html
Getting at the cause, the Causal Therapy for the removal of
the deposit-hydrochloric-acid consists then of removing this
excess acid from the organism while decreasing the intake of
protein acids. This Causal Therapy can be done basically in
two ways; by adding bases (sodium, potassium bicarb etc.) or
by removing acid.
1. The first thing to do obviously is to cut down protein
consumption. Proteins are: Eggs, All meats (it doesn't
matter if it is beef, fish or chicken), All dairy
products, Lots of grains, beans (a handful of kidney
beans for example has a much protein in it as a lamb
chop) and cereals (oatmeal is one of the highest protein
containing foods), and Nuts.
2. Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables. An "apple
a day does keep the doctor away". Protein depletes us of
our main minerals; sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium
and chloride. These are the main ones so they are called
macro-minerals, because we need a lot of them. In the
final analysis, we must get from fruits and vegetables.
3. Balanced Base Powder One can take, by mouth, the
necessary quick bases (sodium and potassium
bicarbonate, both macro minerals that the body needs a
lot of) that the body needs to neutralize the stored
acids in the body and correct the relative base
deficiency, correct the "latent acidosis". This is what
the Balanced Base Powder does. This powder also
provides the necessary chloride ions in the form of
Celtic sea salt and potassium chloride that are needed
to recharge the hydrochloric acid producing ability of
the stomach, and thereby and more importantly, the
sodium bicarbonate producing ability of the same. Take
1/2 to 1 teaspoon in water or juice between meals of
Balanced Base Powder or, if this is not available, use
the same amount of baking soda in water or fruit juice,
between meals and before bed,
A.N. three times a day. The important thing is to take it
on an empty stomach, so it can suck out the excess
"deposit acid" from the acid producing cells lining
the stomach (thereby generating more bicarbonate which
goes into the blood stream) and not interfere with the
acid that is needed at the times of eating. One needs
acid in the stomach to digest food obviously so the
Balanced Base Powder or baking soda should not be
taken around meal times. If you eat breakfast at 8:00
A.M. and lunch at noon then you would take the first
dose of Base Powder at 10:00 A.M., the same between
lunch and dinner. It is best to sip it even, so it can
suck out acid from the stomach over a longer time, not
all at once as with one big gulp. If there isn't time
to sip it, just drink it anyway. This, done
consistently, over time, is what makes the difference.
It is best not to eat before you retire at night. If
you don't eat before bed time then you can take 1/2 to
1 tsp. of Base Powder before bed also. If you do eat
before bed then you would not take the Base Powder
that night. To determine the amount of Base Powder you
should take you should check your urine pH at the same
times as you would take the Base Powder (don't take
the Base Powder and check your urine on the same day),
i.e. between meals, say at 10:00 A.M. or 2:00 P.M..
The urine should be kept at a pH of 7.0 to 8.0 at all
such times. If it is below this number, i.e. if it
still acid then you need more Base Powder. If the pH
stays between 7.0 and 8.0 then you can try to decrease
the amount of powder. It is not necessary to check
these pHs often, the pH of the urine at
10:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M., once every week, month, is
sufficient. It took a long time for us to become acid,
for the connective tissues and cells of the body to
become saturated with the stored acids. For the same
reasons, it will take some time to de-acidify the body,
to neutralize and excrete all the stored acids. This
process can take one to two years depending on how ill
and/or old the patient is. This is not a quick fix as
described above, but it will prevent and eliminate the
problems that come from being too acid, namely the
problems of pleo-morphic, chronic, degenerative disease.
11. Magnesium This is another macro mineral that needs
replaced. It is not included in the Base Powder
because of its laxative effects. Everyone that is in
any state of acidosis requires extra potassium and
magnesium as these are lost from the urine and cells
when acid. The Potassium is in the Base Powder and an
easy way to replace magnesium is with Magnesium
citrate, obtained from a drug store. It is quite
cheep, is a liquid in small pop shaped bottles and is
in the laxative section of drug stores. If you drink
the whole bottle it will clean you out quite well but
instead, take 1 tablespoon upon arising and 1
tablespoon full upon retiring. Minerals are best taken
on an empty stomach. After opening the bottle keep it
refrigerated and it will be O.K..
12. Vomiting Vomiting also rids the body of excess acid.
Perhaps old time doctors where justified in their use of
emetics, medicines that help you vomit. Emetica
(Apomorphine, Ipecac) or any emetic, were frequently
used for this purpose and can help. The only problem
here is that as the hydrochloric acid (HCl) is expelled,
the excess acid (H+) ion is eliminated as needed but the
chloride (Cl-) ion is also eliminated and this can
result in a relative chloride deficiency. With vomiting
this chloride ion must be replaced. This can be done by
taking small amounts of NaCl or table salt. Making
yourself vomit after eating something you 'shouldn't
haven eaten', is not bulimia, just because you did it.
In the process, it does rid the body of the 'dietary
indiscretion' along with, excess acid.
13. I.V. sodium bicarbonate This is quite simple, harmless
and cheap. The simplest form is to add 35 cc of 8.4%
Sodium Bicarbonate (70 meq) plus 24 cc of 20% Magnesium
chloride (70 meq) in 500 cc of sterile water. This
solution is of course isotonic and variations can be
made to suite the situation. This can be given over a
period of one hour or more. The only problem I have ever
had with this is in one patient, in kidney failure
(ready for dialysis) and heart failure in which case it
was necessary to give him lasix. I would usually give it
one time per week, except in very ill patients where it
can be given every day. All types of patients were
treated with IVs like this. In the condition being
discussed, ulcers, in time would just go away.
14. Take extra micro-minerals or trace minerals too. There
are some ninety of them, gold, silver, and other strange
ones. These get depleted also. These trace minerals used
to come from plants, as they were in the ground the
plants grew in. Most of our farm land has been over
farmed with just the replacement of the minerals
potassium, phosphorus and nitrogen that are contained in
the chemical fertilizers used today. The trace minerals
are gone. There are a few ways to get extra trace
minerals. You can use sea salt, Celtic Sea Salt is the
best, a little every day. You can also drink a third of
a glass of sea water every day. Eating sea-weeds, kelp,
spirolina and the like are good as are all sea foods. Of
the trace mineral supplements the liquid ones are
preferred. Clark's Minerals is the oldest, least
expensive and best of these. These liquid trace minerals
come from the mud of volcanoes. The trace minerals are
still present deep under ground. Another way is to
fertilize your garden with coal dust. Coal, being
crushed dinosaurs and the like, has all the trace
minerals in it too.
15. Drainage Remedies Use herbal remedies to increase the
flow of the excretory organs of the body, namely the
kidneys, the liver and the intestinal system, in that
order. These organs of course are the organs that have
to do the work in eliminating the toxins and acids.
Short of that, we can quit putting toxins into our
bodies. But 'we all know that' so really we don't talk
about that one. We pay doctors to say they can 'take
care of' our indiscretions but personally I feel it has
very little to do with medicine.  Pathagoras, after a
trying career as a physician which he did also, ended up
saying too that the only medicine was good air, diet,
exercise etc., etc., etc.. Every physician is 'trying',
trying to heal, to help yet there is a basic paradox
contained in the concept of "healing". Who is kidding
who? We, as doctors don't heal anybody. God does that,
and the patient sometimes, if they are in the mood. So
as doctors we can use less and less harmful 'medicines'
at least, more and more natural, less and less expensive
- give God and Nature a break. If you don't give a
healthy person poison, why would you do that to a sick
person? All drugs are poisons, herbal medicines,
homeopathics, all of them. If they aren't poisons they
are foods. Tongue in cheek, the kidneys are the most
difficult to stimulate and take the longest. Therefore
this should be started first and kept up for some time.
Herbs that help the kidneys are such things as dandelion
(the most specific herb for the kidneys), uva ursi,
bucchu, horsetail tea (a good mineral tea), juniper
berries (a good diuretic), golden rod, asparagus and
parsley. Parsley is the food par excellence for the
kidneys, it nourishes them specifically. Uva Ursi
contains a chemical that is changed by the kidneys, as
it passes through them, into phenol as in Lysol. This is
a urinary disinfectant and works. Fresh asparagus juice
is an excellent diuretic. Solidago is Golden Rod and is
for acute and chronic conditions of the renal system,
promoting dieresis and excretion of matter usually
eliminated with the urine. Bucco is somewhat stronger
than Solidago. Horsetail Tea is used in Germany as a
diuretic for edema, gout, enuresis, and dysuria and Plantina-
Asparagus Tablets (used by Hippocrates as well as
Paracelsus for urinary conditions, a good diuretic, for
gout, skin conditions etc.) are excellent combination
herbal drainage remedies from Marco Pharma, Intl.,
Specialist in Drainage Remedies, 303-716-1033. Arginex
(arginase enzyme source) is used for kidney overload and
is an excellent kidney detoxifying product as is
Renafood which combines Arginex with a kidney glandular
for regeneration. Take 1 or 2 with meals. These last two
products are from Standard Process, 1200 West Royal Lee
Drive, Palmyra, WI 53156, 1-800-848-5061. The liver is
the most important detoxifying organ of the body and in
most of us needs the utmost attention. Herbs that
stimulate the liver to 'clean the blood' are such things
as greater celandine, burdock, yellow dock, dandelion,
echinacea barberry, etc. There are liver extracts called
liver glandulars and liver liquescenses that help
regenerate the liver. One can also manually 'pump' the
liver by pressing up and under the left, lower rib cage
where the liver is. Castor oil packs over the liver area
are helpful as is the drinking of lemon juice. Hepatica
(recommended for detoxification of the liver and gall
bladder) and Cholenest (gall bladder indications;
constipation; stasis of the portal vein; hemorrhoids;
hepatopathy with constipation) from Standard Process are
herbal tinctures for liver drainage. Herbal Hepatox
(Professional Health Products) is an excellent tablet as
is Livotrit Plus (Biotics Research, 5801 Biotics
Research Drive, Rosenberg, TX 77471, 800-231-5777) and
Livaplex (for liver detoxification, fat metabolism and
general liver support from Standard Process). Care of
the intestinal system, elimination of foods that one is
allergic too and replenishment of the normal bacteria of
the intestine is a topic unto itself and will be covered
later. You can also stimulate the skin, which is the
fourth largest excretory organ of the body, the kidneys,
liver and intestines being the others. While bathing use
a Lufa Sponge or rough wash cloth and rub your skin
until it gets pink. This gets rid of old skin cells,
which are acid deposits, and stimulates the lymph and
glands of the skin so they excrete more.
16. Eliminate Unwanted Toxins The best way to "eliminate"
toxins from the body is to refrain from consuming more
of them or avoid exposure to them. These include such
things as fluoride in toothpaste and the water, mercury
from amalgam fillings in the teeth and exposure to all
heavy metals, exposure to pesticides in the food and
environment and unnecessary intake of medicines.
Sweating is an excellent elimination process obviously.
A simple way besides the obvious ways is to take a hot
bath, as hot as you can stand it, for 'awhile', 15
minutes, a half an hour. You can put Baking Soda in the
bath, a pound is not too much, along with say, a cup or
so of Epsom Salts. These suck acid out of your body and
supply Magnesium which is absorbed through the skin.
(Epsom Salts are Magnesium sulphate). Then, get out of
the bath and bundle up in clothes, a bath robe, whatever
and get und

"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Re: Ph Balance, more to the facts and results
> >than you know From: "Peter Moran" [email protected]
> >Date: 4/22/2004 1:02 AM Pacific Standard Time Message-id:
>
><40878a1f$0$620$61c65585@uq-127creek-reader-
>01.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au
>

> >"PCisneros" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Independen Distributor and Herbal Consultant for
> >> Nature's Sunshine Ph testing: Is your body alkaline or
> >> acidic. Urine and Saliva can say a lot about your
> >> body's chemistry and what is currently happening...And
> >> a simple test can tell you what your levels are and
> >> what do they represent: Are your different body systems
> >> been affected by your bodily fluids being out of
> >> control. Has any body read anything about it? Would you
> >> like to know more Pcisneros at
> >> www.mynsp.com/web/cisneros
> >

> >You cannot change the level at which your body's pH
> >is set,
>
> No it is not. This is just one more thing organized
> medicine has not
excepted.
> The fact that alternative medicine are getting reslults
> with balancing the
ph
> level is *why* it is being fought.
>
> Do your own research and you will find Peter Moran
> is wrong.

If one does their own research in the area of human
physiology, one finds that Peter is right on. If one looks
at non-factual information, or sales hype (is there a
difference in AltWorld???) one agrees with Jan.

> Ignore the screams from the *gang* when any information is
> taken from
anyone
> who sells products to balance the ph. Below are just a
> very few websites
that
> explain the ph level, there are many more.

Jan incorrectly refers to those people who post factual
information as "the gang" when she knows full well that
their proper name is The Truth Squad.

AWESOME! Thankyou for that Carole!

"Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> Drive, Palmyra, WI 53156, 1-800-848-5061. The liver is
> the most important detoxifying organ of the body and in
> most of us needs the utmost attention. Herbs that
> stimulate the liver to 'clean the blood' are such
> things as greater celandine, burdock, yellow dock,
> dandelion, echinacea barberry, etc. There are liver
> extracts called liver glandulars and liver liquescenses
> that help regenerate the liver. One can also manually
> 'pump' the liver by pressing up and under the left,
> lower rib cage where the liver is. Castor oil packs
> over the liver area are helpful as is the drinking of
> lemon juice. Hepatica (recommended for detoxification
> of the liver and gall bladder) and Cholenest (gall
> bladder indications; constipation; stasis of the portal
> vein; hemorrhoids; hepatopathy with constipation) from
> Standard Process are herbal tinctures for liver

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (Hawki63) wrote in message news:<20040422235918.02630.00000237@mb-
>m27.aol.com>...
>> >Subject: Re: Ph Balance, more to the facts and results
>> >than you know From: "Gymmy Bob" [email protected]
>> >Date: 4/22/2004 7:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time Message-
>> >id: <[email protected]>
>>
>> >I find L-Gaba helps immensely to maintain pH balance
>> >for me.
>> >
>> why....don't you have normal kidneys and lungs??
>
>And you call yourself a thinking person. Using the same
>argument you could say that diabetes have a pancreas and
>don't need insulin injections. Or asthmatics have lungs and
>don't need puffers.
>
>Getting back to the argument of pH is it obvious the
>conventional mob have been badly let down once more in yet
>another area of basic health. But what is new? This is an
>ongoing saga with the conventional mob failing to admit to
>any natural process within the body.

What a silly comment -- as if all processes in the body
weren't "natural."

>From my experience the only most effective method for
>improving the pH of the blood is with cellsalts -
>primarily sodium phosphate and sulphate, and silica to a
>lesser extent.

Guess what, Carole? You don't *have* any experience in
improving the pH of the blood -- with cell salts or anything
else. For one thing, you haven't tested your blood's pH, and
even if you had, you'd have found that it stays in a very
tight range no matter what.

Even "Dr" Cee admits this.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>"Peter Moran" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<40878a1f$0$620$61c65585@uq-127creek-reader-
>01.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au>...
>
>> You cannot change the level at which your body's pH is
>> set, and it is unwise to try. I have also never seen any
>> alternative source produce evidence that saliva or
>> urinary pH gives meaningful information about blood pH.
>> The buffering system of the blood and the rapid control
>> of pH via CO2 loss or retention via the lungs means that
>> the pH remains stable despite many influences that would
>> change it.
>>
>> Look it up in any physiology textbook before buying
>> into this.
>>
>> Peter Moran
>
>Ah yes, Peter, but there are two types of acidosis.
>Immediate acidosis where the blood works to keep at 7.6
>without deviation, and latent which is a disease state.
>Due to the problem of acidosis not being dealt with
>properly when it presents, the acids deposit around the
>body in joints, tissues and arteries which eventually
>leads to a debilitated and increasingly precarious state
>of health, both physically and physiologically. Looks like
>there is plenty of basic stuff they don't teach you in
>medical school.
>
>See the following article by Dennis Myers who describes in
>detail these concepts.
>
>HOW WE BECOME ACID The development of latent "acidosis"
>http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html If we look for
>common denominators to all diseases, factors that make any
>disease you have worse, then correcting these factors will
>help and perhaps cure, whatever is wrong with you. The fact
>is, every disease begins, at a cellular level, with those
>particular cells becoming acid, toxic, polluted.

The actual fact is that the preceding sentence is bilge.
Therefore, so is everything that "follows" from it.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"David Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article
> <[email protected]>, Carole
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >"Peter Moran" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>01.brisbane.pipenetworks.c
om.au>...

> >> You cannot change the level at which your body's pH is
> >> set, and it is
unwise
> >> to try. I have also never seen any alternative source
> >> produce
evidence
> >> that saliva or urinary pH gives meaningful information
> >> about blood pH.
The
> >> buffering system of the blood and the rapid control of
> >> pH via CO2 loss
or
> >> retention via the lungs means that the pH remains
> >> stable despite many influences that would change it.
> >>
> >> Look it up in any physiology textbook before buying
> >> into this.
> >>
> >> Peter Moran
> >
> >Ah yes, Peter, but there are two types of acidosis.
> >Immediate acidosis where the blood works to keep at 7.6
> >without deviation, and latent which is a disease state.
> >Due to the problem of acidosis not being dealt with
> >properly when it presents, the acids deposit around the
> >body in joints, tissues and arteries which eventually
> >leads to a debilitated and increasingly precarious state
> >of health, both physically and physiologically. Looks
> >like there is plenty of basic stuff they don't teach you
> >in medical school.
> >
> >See the following article by Dennis Myers who describes
> >in detail these concepts.
> >
> >HOW WE BECOME ACID The development of latent "acidosis"
> >http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html If we look for
> >common denominators to all diseases, factors that make
> >any disease you have worse, then correcting these factors
> >will help and perhaps cure, whatever is wrong with you.
> >The fact is, every disease begins, at a cellular level,
> >with those particular cells becoming acid, toxic,
> >polluted.
>
> The actual fact is that the preceding sentence is bilge.
> Therefore, so is everything that "follows" from it.

What is the pH of bilge?

:)

[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In article
> <[email protected]>, Carole
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >"Peter Moran" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<40878a1f$0$620$61c65585@uq-127creek-reader-
> >01.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au>...
> >
> >> You cannot change the level at which your body's pH is
> >> set, and it is unwise to try. I have also never seen
> >> any alternative source produce evidence that saliva or
> >> urinary pH gives meaningful information about blood pH.
> >> The buffering system of the blood and the rapid control
> >> of pH via CO2 loss or retention via the lungs means
> >> that the pH remains stable despite many influences that
> >> would change it.
> >>
> >> Look it up in any physiology textbook before buying
> >> into this.
> >>
> >> Peter Moran
> >
> >Ah yes, Peter, but there are two types of acidosis.
> >Immediate acidosis where the blood works to keep at 7.6
> >without deviation, and latent which is a disease state.
> >Due to the problem of acidosis not being dealt with
> >properly when it presents, the acids deposit around the
> >body in joints, tissues and arteries which eventually
> >leads to a debilitated and increasingly precarious state
> >of health, both physically and physiologically. Looks
> >like there is plenty of basic stuff they don't teach you
> >in medical school.
> >
> >See the following article by Dennis Myers who describes
> >in detail these concepts.
> >
> >HOW WE BECOME ACID The development of latent "acidosis"
> >http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html If we look for
> >common denominators to all diseases, factors that make
> >any disease you have worse, then correcting these factors
> >will help and perhaps cure, whatever is wrong with you.
> >The fact is, every disease begins, at a cellular level,
> >with those particular cells becoming acid, toxic,
> >polluted.
>
> The actual fact is that the preceding sentence is bilge.
> Therefore, so is everything that "follows" from it.

Not from my experience Dave. This guy has worked out some
stuff which works from my own personal experience, and which
is backed up by some stuff which I've read about vetinerary
treatments for racing horses. No there's an area where
results make money for the owners.

And haven't you ever heard about cancer cells. I am
suggesting to you that you are extremely biased. What is
your suggestion for treatment for blood acidity?

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/cellsalts.htm

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> In article
>> <[email protected]>, Carole
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >"Peter Moran" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>01.brisbane.pipenetworks.com.au>...

>is unwise

>> >Ah yes, Peter, but there are two types of acidosis.
>> >Immediate acidosis where the blood works to keep at 7.6
>> >without deviation, and latent which is a disease state.
>> >Due to the problem of acidosis not being dealt with
>> >properly when it presents, the acids deposit around the
>> >body in joints, tissues and arteries which eventually
>> >leads to a debilitated and increasingly precarious state
>> >of health, both physically and physiologically. Looks
>> >like there is plenty of basic stuff they don't teach you
>> >in medical school.
>> >
>> >See the following article by Dennis Myers who describes
>> >in detail these concepts.
>> >
>> >HOW WE BECOME ACID The development of latent "acidosis"
>> >http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html If we look
>> >for common denominators to all diseases, factors that
>> >make any disease you have worse, then correcting these
>> >factors will help and perhaps cure, whatever is wrong
>> >with you. The fact is, every disease begins, at a
>> >cellular level, with those particular cells becoming
>> >acid, toxic, polluted.
>>
>> The actual fact is that the preceding sentence is bilge.
>> Therefore, so is everything that "follows" from it.
>
>Not from my experience Dave. This guy has worked out some
>stuff which works from my own personal experience, and
>which is backed up by some stuff which I've read about
>vetinerary treatments for racing horses. No there's an area
>where results make money for the owners.

Without having seen the details, I shan't wade in further,
but you must distinguish between the propositions "Treatment
X cures condition Y" and "Treatment X cures condtion Y for
reason Z." The treatment could work, but the explanation
could be absolute nonsense.

>And haven't you ever heard about cancer cells. I am
>suggesting to you that you are extremely biased.

And you're not? Puh-leez. The idea that cancer cells cut
loose because of "acidity" is absolute nonsense. Not that
there is any single reason for cancer, but you ought to look
into things like abnormalities in the p53 gene. (You should,
but you won't.)

>What is your suggestion for treatment for blood acidity?

Immediate hospitalization. Carole, either your blood is of
normal pH, or you're at death's door. The body will not
allow blood pH to vary more than a tiny amount.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

[email protected] (Hawki63) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >> why....don't you have normal kidneys and lungs??

If you read the article
http://www.euroamericanhealth.com/how.html you will find out
how a person gets base deficient in alkalising minerals.

> hmmm...yep I said the above..
>
> then Carole countered:
> >And you call yourself a thinking person. Using the same
> >argument you could say that diabetes have a pancreas and
> >don't need insulin
>
> uhhhh...not an analogy...I asked if he had NORMAL kidneys
> and lungs to keep his pH in line...

Its a bit more complicated than having lungs and kidneys.

> obviously....a diabetic does not have a "normal
> pancreas"....or if type
> II...they MAY have a normal pancreas,,produce insulin..but
> the CELLS are resistant to the insulin....

There are two types of acids in the body, weak and strong
acids. The strong acids are only eliminated by combining
them with minerals out of the body to neutralise them.

> not a valid comparision

Wrong. You say the lungs and kidneys are all there is to it,
and I say if that was the case, diabetics have pancreases
and asthmatics have lungs. Which describes the condition of
a healthy person. Disease changes things.

> >Or asthmatics have lungs and don't need puffers.
> >

> again...asthmatics do not have "normal" lungs.....they
> suffer from inflammation..and bronchoconstriction..ie why
> they need puffers....having an organ obviously does not
> mean they function correctly..
>
> funny..in my 18 years working in dialysis...probably most
> of the patients HAD kidneys....however said kidneys did
> not work..hence need for dialysis..
>
> >From my experience the only most effective method for
> >improving the pH of the blood is with cellsalts -
>
> "your experience?"..what you need is some "experience" in
> an ICU...then perhaps you would have a clue..

People in ICU are bad cases. If preventive medicine was
used, there wouldn't be a need for ICU.

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/acidity.htm

[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >And you call yourself a thinking person. Using the same
> >argument you could say that diabetes have a pancreas and
> >don't need insulin injections. Or asthmatics have lungs
> >and don't need puffers.
> >
> >Getting back to the argument of pH is it obvious the
> >conventional mob have been badly let down once more in
> >yet another area of basic health. But what is new? This
> >is an ongoing saga with the conventional mob failing to
> >admit to any natural process within the body.
>
> What a silly comment -- as if all processes in the body
> weren't "natural."

So's thinking, but you don't do it.

> >From my experience the only most effective method for
> >improving the pH of the blood is with cellsalts -
> >primarily sodium phosphate and sulphate, and silica to a
> >lesser extent.
>
> Guess what, Carole? You don't *have* any experience in
> improving the pH of the blood -- with cell salts or
> anything else. For one thing,

Yeah, I do. I have my own personal experience Dave. And what
do you know about it "the lungs and the kidneys do it all".

> you haven't tested your blood's pH, and even if you had,
> you'd have found that it stays in a very tight range no
> matter what.

I know that. It stays at 7.6. But what do you know about
acid attacks or acidosis? I would what you have been taught
in med school or wherever you attended ...zilch.

> Even "Dr" Cee admits this.

Getting desperate now Dave. You must be to quote DrC.

Carole http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/acidity.htm