PH - Britain's Best Landscape Photographer

In article <[email protected]>, Rooney
<[email protected]> writes
>On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:22:18 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>In article <[email protected]>, Paul Saunders
>><[email protected]> writes
>>>Anyway, let's not be too rigid about this, I think most people
>>>understand what a landscape photographer is. People are not usually
>>>included, although they are optional.

>>.....but the inclusion of people does sell pictures!

>So who's going to strip off on top of the Beacons?

You look at the wrong sort of pics :)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:49:09 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Rooney
><[email protected]> writes
>>On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:22:18 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>In article <[email protected]>, Paul Saunders
>>><[email protected]> writes
>>>
>>>.....but the inclusion of people does sell pictures!

>>So who's going to strip off on top of the Beacons?
>>

>You look at the wrong sort of pics :)

Aren't all calendars like that?

In article <[email protected]>, Rooney
<[email protected]> writes
>On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:49:09 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>In article <[email protected]>, Rooney
>><[email protected]> writes

>>>So who's going to strip off on top of the Beacons?
>>>

>>You look at the wrong sort of pics :)

>Aren't all calendars like that?

:)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

[email protected] said...
> >So who's going to strip off on top of the Beacons?
> >

> You look at the wrong sort of pics :)

Me sir, please sir, I'll do it sir! *But* - you should be
warned that any calendar using me as a pin-up is not likely to
sell in vast numbers.
--
I try to be a good example to my children, but they just see
me as a dire warning.

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:50:33 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Fran
><[email protected]> writes
>>>

>>Me sir, please sir, I'll do it sir! *But* - you should be
>>warned that any calendar using me as a pin-up is not likely to
>>sell in vast numbers.
>>--

>Definitely a tripod shot then - how else can one control the shakes ?
>:)

And we'd need to discuss the exposure.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:59:09 -0000, Fran <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] said...
>> >So who's going to strip off on top of the Beacons?
>> >

>> You look at the wrong sort of pics :)
>>

>Me sir, please sir, I'll do it sir! *But* - you should be
>warned that any calendar using me as a pin-up is not likely to
>sell in vast numbers.

There's always Photoshop....

Fran <[email protected]> writes
>[email protected] said...
>> >So who's going to strip off on top of the Beacons?
>> >

>> You look at the wrong sort of pics :)
>>

>Me sir, please sir, I'll do it sir! *But* - you should be
>warned that any calendar using me as a pin-up is not likely to
>sell in vast numbers.

Can I introduce you to the man who strolled past the WI stall at
Broughton game fair about 8 years ago and smilingly shook his head when
they shouted to me to buy one of their calendars?
Yes - it was the famous one, and probably worth a bob or two nowadays.
:-(
--
Gordon Harris

In article <[email protected]>, Gordon Harris
<[email protected]> writes
>Fran <[email protected]> writes
>>[email protected] said...
>>> >

>>> You look at the wrong sort of pics :)
>>>

>>Me sir, please sir, I'll do it sir! *But* - you should be
>>warned that any calendar using me as a pin-up is not likely to
>>sell in vast numbers.

>Can I introduce you to the man who strolled past the WI stall at
>Broughton game fair about 8 years ago and smilingly shook his head when
>they shouted to me to buy one of their calendars?
>Yes - it was the famous one, and probably worth a bob or two nowadays.
>:-(

Ah Gordon -- the wisdom of hindsight!
--
Bill Grey