Phantom vs P38

Cletus, I do not understand what you were trying to say there about the less than 2 inches.

I hear you on the 16" wheel. My Haluzak Leprechaun Hybrid Race is the same 349/559 configuration as
the small (and medium?) P-38. It makes me wonder how much improvement I can expect. I would love the
406/700c upgrade configuration except that I would probably fall down a lot (like every time I
stopped--if I could even get started in the first place)

Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> .
> >
> I just measured my boom. I have the Med and the boom is fully extended. If it were at the min
> mark, you would only get a little less than 2"

> Cletus, I do not understand what you were trying to say there about the less than 2 inches.
Sorry I was not clearer. Let me try this way:

I have an X-seam of 41"-42". I could not fit comfortably on a Large P-38, so I opted for the Medium
with a 16" suspension fork. (as it turned out, the 16"fork w/ suspension was about he same height as
a 20" non suspension fork).

The seat to pedal distance is adjusted by moving the Boom in or out. I have my boom at the maximum
point of extension. The minimum length would be where the Boom sleeve would contact the derailleur
post. I measured that distance on my bike and found it to be less than 2" Shorter cranks would give
an additional 10mm (or 1/2") If you take the maximum extension on the boom as fitting a and and move
the boom to the min. point and install shorter cranks, I do not see a Medium P-38 fitting any one
with an X-seam of less than 38.5".

- Bellaire, TX USA -

Thanks Big Dog, Now I understand. I think the Lightning e-mail response to my question claimed 37.5"
as the minimum X-seam for the medium. Would cutting the boom help or is there some interference by
the braces or something the limits that? Shorter cranks certainly only make the problem worse by
requiring the boom to be pulled farther back.

In article <[email protected]>, dizone1 @lycos.com says...
> Would cutting the boom help or is there some interference by the braces or something the
> limits that?

There is a Brace under the boom sleeve that prevents making the boom Shorter.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

Don,

I am in the Santa Cruz area and own a small Phantom. I don' t know if you have made a purchase yet, but you are more than welcome to try out my Phantom if you like and are vaguely in the area.

-joycily