pharyngitis from Cozaar?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Louise, Mar 13, 2004.

  1. Louise

    Louise Guest

    I started taking Cozaar 25mg about a month ago.

    In the last week I've had a very sore throat and the doctor
    says it is red and swollen, but there is no indication of
    infection. She did take a culture which came back negative.

    Could this irritated throat, pain on swallowing etc.,
    be from the Cozaar and how likely is it given that I
    was already taking it for about 3 weeks before my
    throat symptoms?

    TIA

    Louise

    Tags:

  2. Smf

    Smf Guest

    You are probably just sick with a cold.

  3. Louise wrote:

    > I started taking Cozaar 25mg about a month ago.
    >
    > In the last week I've had a very sore throat and the
    > doctor says it is red and swollen, but there is no
    > indication of infection. She did take a culture which came
    > back negative.
    >
    > Could this irritated throat, pain on swallowing etc., be
    > from the Cozaar and how likely is it given that I was
    > already taking it for about 3 weeks before my throat
    > symptoms?

    Not commenting on the likelihood, idiosyncratic delayed
    adverse reactions are always possible. Would suggest you ask
    your doctor to change you to a different class of anti-
    hypertensive medications to sort this out.

    > TIA

    You're welcome, Louise :)

    Andrew

    --