Phase Heart Rate Monitor questions

Michael Blomqui

Guest
Purchased a Phase Start Two from a California website a couple of months ago. Tried to figure out
how to register my purchase for warranty and all, and was directed to a German website with no
english translation. I also tried email twice to the CA seller with no replies. I'm very satisfied
with my purchase, but I was wondering if anyone else out there has one of these and could clarify
one of the settings for me. It has to do with entering your body weight for the "calories used"
estimation. The instructions say to enter your weight in pounds but the screen is clearly displaying
the letters kg, or actually k9. Could this mean kilograms?

Thanks.

Michael Blomquist '99 VR40 LWB/USS Tucson Arizona

> Purchased a Phase Start Two from a California website a couple of months ago. Tried to figure out
> how to register my purchase for warranty and all, and was directed to a German website with no
> english translation. I also tried email twice to the CA seller with no replies. I'm very satisfied
> with my purchase, but I was wondering if anyone else out there has one of these and could clarify
> one of the settings for me. It has to do with entering your body weight for the "calories used"
> estimation. The instructions say to enter your weight in pounds but the screen is clearly
> displaying the letters kg, or actually k9. Could this mean kilograms?

Your Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR) is 10-12 kcal/lb or 22-26 kcal/kg. Or for a person weighing 175 lbs,
something between 1750-2100 Kcal per day Does this help?

- Bellaire, TX USA -

"Cletus Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Purchased a Phase Start Two from a California website a couple of months ago. Tried to figure
> > out how to register my purchase for warranty and
all,
> > and was directed to a German website with no english translation. I
also
> > tried email twice to the CA seller with no replies. I'm very satisfied
with
> > my purchase, but I was wondering if anyone else out there has one of
these
> > and could clarify one of the settings for me. It has to do with
entering
> > your body weight for the "calories used" estimation. The instructions
say
> > to enter your weight in pounds but the screen is clearly displaying the letters kg, or actually
> > k9. Could this mean kilograms?
>
> Your Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR) is 10-12 kcal/lb or 22-26 kcal/kg. Or for
a person weighing 175
> lbs, something between 1750-2100 Kcal per day Does this help?

> - Bellaire, TX USA -

Thanks for the static figures. I was looking around for that a couple months ago. MB