Phat Tires...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by David L, Jan 29, 2003.

  1. David L

    David L Guest

    Just put on the fattest tires I've ever ridden. Panaracer Fattrax 2.2, replacing the no-name 1.95's.
    I'm going to use these for the winter as the previous tires are now bald.

    Noticed today that quite a few spokes have come loose, have ridden several times since last checking
    the wheel. It is pretty much true. Just tighten the loose ones, make sure the wheel is true?

    BTW as switching outlooks, Dave was switched to David¹, is now David L.

    Keep it real,

    Dave

    Tags:

  2. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "David L" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Noticed today that quite a few spokes have come loose, have ridden several times since last
    >checking the wheel. It is pretty much true. Just tighten the loose ones, make sure the
    >wheel is true?

    It's a bit more complicated than that. But if spokes are loosening, chances are the wheel's not
    built right to begin with. If you can find a good LBS wheelbuilder (or a buddy who knows the craft),
    you should get the wheel retensioned so you just ride it instead of working on it.