Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Phil Wood BB - Campy crank compatibility Question

Started by Jee Chung · · Last activity · 2 posts · 673 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 June 2004
Last activity
27 June 2004
Original author
Jee Chung
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
673
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I recently acquired a used bicycle which came with:

    - Phil Wood BB, 113mm Asymmetrical
    - Campagnolo Pre-79 SR double crank

    From what I understand the 113mm asymmetrical spindle is the correct one for the pre-79 double cranks, where the original Campy spindle that would match the crank measured only 112mm. At least one source told me that the extra 1mm of length in the Phil Wood spindle is due to the taper of the spindle seating deeper into the crank.

    If so, then something is not right in the setup that I have because my Phil Wood spindle does not seat in the crank as much as the Campy spindle. It's seating is short by about 2mm to 3mm. I have tested this against at least two SR cranks that I have and the results were consistent.

    Can anyone tell me what's with my Phil Wood BB?

    JC

  2. Jee-<< Can anyone tell me what's with my Phil Wood BB? >><BR><BR>

    Shimano taper, measured in millimeteres, not taper in degrees.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.