philly: whither pate, horner, wherry, julich?

bar

Guest
what a boring race. puny attack after puny attack ... then haedo
takes (yawn) the bunch sprint ...

the ladies' race was more exciting if only due to the suspense
concerning how far ahead of the others queen tut!!!!!!!!!!! would be
in the sprint.

i think we ought to let a couple of people dope (chosen at random, per
race) just to liven things up a bit.

bar wrote:
> what a boring race. puny attack after puny attack ... then haedo
> takes (yawn) the bunch sprint ...
>
> the ladies' race was more exciting if only due to the suspense
> concerning how far ahead of the others queen tut!!!!!!!!!!! would be
> in the sprint.
>
> i think we ought to let a couple of people dope (chosen at random, per
> race) just to liven things up a bit.

The best US rider was 9th. Only 3 Americans in the top 20.

They could liven it up by setting minimum qualification
standards for the jersey like USAC does for trips to
track worlds. Maybe you have to finish in the top ten to
be eligible to be US champion. If no one can manage that
then no one gets a jersey.

Bob Schwartz

Mark Fennell wrote:
> Bob Schwartz wrote:
>>> what a boring race. puny attack after puny attack ... then haedo
>>> takes (yawn) the bunch sprint ...
>>>
>>> the ladies' race was more exciting if only due to the suspense
>>> concerning how far ahead of the others queen tut!!!!!!!!!!! would be
>>> in the sprint.
>>>
>>> i think we ought to let a couple of people dope (chosen at random, per
>>> race) just to liven things up a bit.

>> The best US rider was 9th. Only 3 Americans in the top 20.
>>
>> They could liven it up by setting minimum qualification
>> standards for the jersey like USAC does for trips to
>> track worlds. Maybe you have to finish in the top ten to
>> be eligible to be US champion. If no one can manage that
>> then no one gets a jersey.
>>

> Bob,
> The US Pro champ is not the highest US finisher in Philly anymore. Remember
> Hincapie in South Carolina last year? That's why the best US pros aren't
> there of course.
> Mark
> http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

Yes, of course. How could I forget.

Now we have a race with fans but no pros, and a race with pros
but no fans.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:

> Mark Fennell wrote:

>>> The best US rider was 9th. Only 3 Americans in the top 20.
>>>
>>> They could liven it up by setting minimum qualification
>>> standards for the jersey like USAC does for trips to
>>> track worlds. Maybe you have to finish in the top ten to
>>> be eligible to be US champion. If no one can manage that
>>> then no one gets a jersey.
>>>

>> Bob,
>> The US Pro champ is not the highest US finisher in Philly anymore.
>> Remember Hincapie in South Carolina last year? That's why the best US
>> pros aren't there of course.
>> Mark
>> http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

> Yes, of course. How could I forget.
>
> Now we have a race with fans but no pros, and a race with pros
> but no fans.

And here we have fans and prose, but no race.

--
Bill Asher

On Jun 11, 10:10 am, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bob Schwartz wrote:
> > Mark Fennell wrote:

> >> Bob,
> >> The US Pro champ is not the highest US finisher in Philly anymore.
> >> Remember Hincapie in South Carolina last year? That's why the best US
> >> pros aren't there of course.
> >> Mark
> >>http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

> > Yes, of course. How could I forget.

> > Now we have a race with fans but no pros, and a race with pros
> > but no fans.

> And here we have fans and prose, but no race.
>
> --
> Bill Asher- Hide quoted text -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtbn9zBfJSs

On Jun 11, 11:03 am, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Mark Fennell wrote:

> >> The best US rider was 9th. Only 3 Americans in the top 20.

> >> They could liven it up by setting minimum qualification
> >> standards for the jersey like USAC does for trips to
> >> track worlds. Maybe you have to finish in the top ten to
> >> be eligible to be US champion. If no one can manage that
> >> then no one gets a jersey.

> > Bob,
> > The US Pro champ is not the highest US finisher in Philly anymore. Remember
> > Hincapie in South Carolina last year? That's why the best US pros aren't
> > there of course.
> > Mark
> >http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

> Yes, of course. How could I forget.

Because you don't think so clearly when the topic is national
jerseys?

Bret

Bret wrote:
> On Jun 11, 11:03 am, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> Mark Fennell wrote:

>>> Bob,
>>> The US Pro champ is not the highest US finisher in Philly anymore. Remember
>>> Hincapie in South Carolina last year? That's why the best US pros aren't
>>> there of course.
>>> Mark
>>> http://marcofanelli.blogspot.com

>> Yes, of course. How could I forget.

> Because you don't think so clearly when the topic is national
> jerseys?

No doubt. There are so many that it'd make anyone dizzy.

Today for lunch I popped for three boxes of Cracker Jacks.
None of them had a national championship jersey inside.
Boy, was I ******.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:

> Bret wrote:
>> On Jun 11, 11:03 am, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes, of course. How could I forget.

>> Because you don't think so clearly when the topic is national
>> jerseys?

> No doubt. There are so many that it'd make anyone dizzy.
>
> Today for lunch I popped for three boxes of Cracker Jacks.
> None of them had a national championship jersey inside.
> Boy, was I ******.

They don't come in Cracker Jacks anymore. You have to get a Double Bacon
Patty Melt Happy Meal to get the jersey.

--
Bill Asher

On Jun 11, 1:06 pm, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Bret wrote:
> > On Jun 11, 11:03 am, Bob Schwartz <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >> Yes, of course. How could I forget.

> > Because you don't think so clearly when the topic is national
> > jerseys?

> No doubt. There are so many that it'd make anyone dizzy.
>
> Today for lunch I popped for three boxes of Cracker Jacks.
> None of them had a national championship jersey inside.
> Boy, was I ******.
>
> Bob Schwartz

That's funny. I did the same and got three track medals.

Speaking of undeserved jerseys, the town of Alpe d'Huez presented me
with a polka dot jersey. And they came all the way to Boulder to do
it.

Bret

William Asher wrote:
> They don't come in Cracker Jacks anymore. You have to get a Double Bacon
> Patty Melt Happy Meal to get the jersey.

You mean you don't get one with every supersize big mac ?

Donald Munro wrote:

> William Asher wrote:
>> They don't come in Cracker Jacks anymore. You have to get a Double
>> Bacon Patty Melt Happy Meal to get the jersey.

> You mean you don't get one with every supersize big mac ?

Once McD's gets franchise rights from LeTour you will get a polka-dot
jersey with every supersized meal. Never let it be said that marketing is
without its share of irony.

--
Bill Asher