Philosophy 101: Did this make a noise?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Michael Dart, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart wrote:
    > If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it make a noise?
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/15474728
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/15474731
    >

    > The top half of this tree broke off and fell about 50 feet and left a 2 foot deep crater right in
    > the middle of the trail.
    >
    > Mike - I don't think a helmet would've helped. ;^)

    We had a massive old oak cut down a year or so back (it was diseased, had to go or it would have
    fallen unexpectedly and uncontrollably). They knocked it into our lawn because there wasn't anywhere
    else for it to go. It left a depression in the grass the entire length of the tree (I think it was
    about 100 feet or taller, it was a HUGE tree), 3 feet across, and from 3"-16" deep. It was
    impressive.

    Jon Bond

  3. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

  4. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > Sorry, I meant to reply to group.
    >
    > Fredzep

    What do you think you just did? =P

    -John Morgan

  5. Westie

    Westie Guest

    > If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it make
    > noise?
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/15474728
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/15474731
    >

    > The top half of this tree broke off and fell about 50 feet and left a 2
    foot
    > deep crater right in the middle of the trail.
    >
    > Mike - I don't think a helmet would've helped. ;^)

    It looks fresh - the earth is still damp and crumbly. You sure you haven't offended anyone
    lately, Mike?
    --
    Westie "Life is what happens while you're planning to do other things"

  6. John G

    John G Guest

  7. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Michael Dart wrote:
    > > If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it
    make a
    > > noise?
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/15474728
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/15474731
    >
    > Got some pretty nice burls there on the trunk...... I bet I could turn a few decent bowls on the
    > lathe out of that hunk of lumber!

    Slide by on your way back from Tenn. and it's yours. ;^)

    Mike - plenty riding and beer here too!

  8. John G

    John G Guest

    Michael Dart wrote:
    >>Got some pretty nice burls there on the trunk...... I bet I could turn a few decent bowls on the
    >>lathe out of that hunk of lumber!
    > Slide by on your way back from Tenn. and it's yours. ;^) Mike - plenty riding and beer here too!

    I would if I could but I'm flying in/out on this trip. It's just a quickie, for a physical, blood
    test, 4-6 hour written exam, etc. When come back and I drive down in August though......

  9. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Michael Dart wrote:
    > >>Got some pretty nice burls there on the trunk...... I bet I could turn a few decent bowls on the
    > >>lathe out of that hunk of lumber!
    > > Slide by on your way back from Tenn. and it's yours. ;^) Mike - plenty riding and beer here too!
    >
    > I would if I could but I'm flying in/out on this trip. It's just a quickie, for a physical, blood
    > test, 4-6 hour written exam, etc. When come back and I drive down in August though......

    We'll keep the light on fer ya! ;^)

    Mike

  10. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

    John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Michael Dart wrote:
    > >>Got some pretty nice burls there on the trunk...... I bet I could turn a few decent bowls on the
    > >>lathe out of that hunk of lumber!
    > > Slide by on your way back from Tenn. and it's yours. ;^) Mike - plenty riding and beer here too!
    >
    > I would if I could but I'm flying in/out on this trip. It's just a quickie, for a physical, blood
    > test, 4-6 hour written exam, etc. When come back and I drive down in August though......

    Physical, blood test, 4-6 hour written exam .... L.E.?

    What about a whiz quiz?

    RD

  11. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Sorry, I meant to reply to group.
    > >
    > > Fredzep
    >
    > What do you think you just did? =P
    >
    > -John Morgan

    I had another reply that I sent to the sender by mistake.

    Fredzep