Phinney x Carpenter = Indurain II ?

In article
<[email protected]>,
ronaldo_jeremiah <[email protected]> wrote:

> On May 12, 10:12 am, Feld <[email protected]> wrote:
> > http://www.denverpost.com/ci_9213995http://www.denverpost.com/ci_9213666

> "More than prize blood runs through Taylor's veins. If that's all it
> took, the U.S. Olympic Committee would be breeding gold-medal winners
> in a hotel in Colorado Springs."
>

> Blood, hotel rooms, and Olympic preparation - I doubt the author of
> the first article knows just how close that was to the truth.
>
> -rj

Oh, come on. It's the Denver Post. Even money that was the reporter
having exactly as much fun as is allowable without getting sued.

Chris Boardman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Boardman

For his winning ways in time trials and prologues of stage races, he
was nicknamed Mr. Prologue. He has been criticized for being a time-
trialist who can't climb for his lacklustre performance in the
mountains of the Tour de France. He denied this in an interview with
CycleSport, citing examples in the 1995 edition of the Dauphiné Libéré
stage race where he performed well in the mountains. He explained that
his disappointing performances in the Tour de France were due to
insufficient powers of recovery, which left him drained after a few
days of racing.