phnemonia sucks ass!

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Chronofish, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Chronofish

    Chronofish Guest

    All I can say is be careful and go to the doctor early if you start getting a chest cold. I had a
    "head-cold" for 3 days which cleared and then went into the chest. (1 week down). I then tried to
    self-remedy the chest cold and gave up 5 days later (2 weeks down). Went to the doctor who said I
    had the onset of pneumonia and gave 7 days of drugs (3 weeks down). I have finally finished all the
    drugs and I am just now not wheezing when I go to bed.

    This after three solid weeks of swim improvement and two week prior to shifting to a "bike focus".
    Undoubtedly I can kiss my improvement in the swim good-bye as I try to stick with my over-all plan
    for the year. Can't wait for tomorrow when I can finally start working out again.

    -CF

    Tags:

  2. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Oh man I feel for yah!

    Heal quick

    ------
    "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an
    oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone
    to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and
    his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with
    weapons of mass destruction is real" - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

  3. Trihard

    Trihard Guest

    fret not----it takes 6 weeks of complete inactivity to lose all fitness, so you're probably not as
    de-trained as you fear. Also, it takes a shorter amount of time to achieve your pre-illness level of
    fitness once you get back to training than it would someone who was starting from point
    zero.....FWIW

    good luck!