Phonak just confirmed it!

The first 2 paragraphs of the Blick article and my rough translation...

"Floyd Landis ist nicht nur der erste Tour-Sieger, der positiv erwischt wird. Der Ami hat auch unseren Profi-Radsport zerschlagen. 2007 wird es kein Schweizer Profi-Team mehr geben.

Klar ist: Nach diesem neuerlichen Dopingskandal wird Andy Rihs (63) den Bettel hinwerfen. Seine ARCycling AG entweder verkaufen oder auflösen. Denn der neue Hauptsponsor iShares (USA, Anlagefonds) wird sich trotz Vertrag (2007 bis 2009) als Hauptsponsor zurückziehen."

Floyd Landis is not only the first Tour champion to test positive. The American has also destroyed our (Swiss) professional cycling. In 2007 there will no longer be a Swiss professional team.

The following is clear: After this most recent doping scandal, Andy Rihs (63) will chuck the whole thing in. He will either sell or dissolve his ARCycling, because the new major sponsor iShares (USA, Investment trust) will inspite of its contract (2007-09) withdraw as major sponsor.

karlotta said:
Trust Rush Limbaugh.... no thanks.

There's a media conspiracy, alright. It's not nationalistic or political - it's commercial. Blare out whatever gets the most viewers, as quickly and loudly as you can. Don't investigate or verify, just shout. Get those ratings up, so the stockholders are happy.

And that's scarier than any political agenda.

karlotta said:
The first 2 paragraphs of the Blick article and my rough translation...

"Floyd Landis ist nicht nur der erste Tour-Sieger, der positiv erwischt wird. Der Ami hat auch unseren Profi-Radsport zerschlagen. 2007 wird es kein Schweizer Profi-Team mehr geben.

Klar ist: Nach diesem neuerlichen Dopingskandal wird Andy Rihs (63) den Bettel hinwerfen. Seine ARCycling AG entweder verkaufen oder auflösen. Denn der neue Hauptsponsor iShares (USA, Anlagefonds) wird sich trotz Vertrag (2007 bis 2009) als Hauptsponsor zurückziehen."

Floyd Landis is not only the first Tour champion to test positive. The American has also destroyed our (Swiss) professional cycling. In 2007 there will no longer be a Swiss professional team.

The following is clear: After this most recent doping scandal, Andy Rihs (63) will chuck the whole thing in. He will either sell or dissolve his ARCycling, because the new major sponsor iShares (USA, Investment trust) will inspite of its contract (2007-09) withdraw as major sponsor.
Thanks.

JohnO said:
There's a media conspiracy, alright. It's not nationalistic or political - it's commercial. Blare out whatever gets the most viewers, as quickly and loudly as you can. Don't investigate or verify, just shout. Get those ratings up, so the stockholders are happy.

And that's scarier than any political agenda.

For those who get their information from the **** toob, you get what you pay for.

In a time of uncertainty one thing is for sure the doping scandal has exploded this forum like a fast breakaway on a sleepy peloton laying a path of split opinions along the way.
I have to go do the trainer now....damn thunderstorm!

jhuskey said:
In a time of uncertainty one thing is for sure the doping scandal has exploded this forum like a fast breakaway on a sleepy peloton laying a path of split opinions along the way.
Yes, makes one wonder if anyone at all will pay attention to, say, the Deutschland Tour or whatever this year's version of the HEW Cyclassics is called. I wonder how motivated the riders will be, also.

JRMDC said:
Yes, makes one wonder if anyone at all will pay attention to, say, the Deutschland Tour or whatever this year's version of the HEW Cyclassics is called. I wonder how motivated the riders will be, also.
Wait, this is a bike racing forum? Not a doping forum? What?

JRMDC said:
The HEW Cyclassics are called the Vattenfall Cyclassics this year (July 30). The Deutschlandtour is the Tour of Germany, a 9 day stage race with a prologue, a timetrail and 2 great mountantain stages. Tour of Germany starts at August 1.

moviekindoflife said:
has anyone seen this yet?

"There is no drug that exists that could make a guy do that."

-David Millar , on Landis' Stage 17

i got it from the ad for this year's DVD at worldcycling.com

pretty funny i think

the second part of his quote was "if there was, I would do it!"

To be honest, I'm not a Floyd Landis fan and never have been, BUT....I truly feel sorry for him. Whether he doped or not is almost irrelevant now. What should have been the been the highlight of his career, a time he could cherish until he dies, winning the Tour de France, is now a nightmare for the guy and his family. Whether he's cleared or not, something that should be wonderful for him is now ruined.

That said, no matter what happens, he's gotten off better than Basso and the rest of the riders who were pulled from the Tour de France 2 days before it began. They didn't have the luxury of having failed a test....they've been damned and found guilty because their names were associated with a doping doctor. At least with a failed test, there's some proof that the rider has cheated. Guilt by association with no proof is a whole lot worse a thing to have to live with, especially if the rider loses his job, his career, and years of his life as a result of just that association and no other proof.

As the saying goes....just my two cents.
Thanks.

whiteboytrash said:
There are rumors on the German forums that a big newspaper is going to reveal a whole lot more tomorrow morning….. a former BIG NAME rider is going to dish the dirt on the peleton and the UCI…….. ie name names in the UCI and the peleton who knowingly know about drug taking and have used……

Did the article come out? Link?

Thx.

So I point out somebody made up BS quotes that people believed and then pm'd me admitting it, but refused to clear it up in this thread or delete his BS and it gets deleted?

What a joke.