Phonak just confirmed it!

youngda9 said:
That's the problem, it's hard to prove something that didn't happen. There will always be doubt, and that's sad.

I ask again, how many times was Floyd tested this year? How many times during the Tour?

Don't they test the top 3 guys after each stage, along with a random sampling or something? What is the protocol for this?

Foyd: 2nd stage 7, 3rd stage 11, 4th stage 15, 1st stage 17, 3rd stage 19. There is 4 top 3 tour finishes and 5 top 5 tour finishes this year. Surely he had to be tested multiple times this tour. Perhaps he took something after bonking in 16 that allowed him to tear up stage 17?
I find it hard to believe that he just started using testosterone after stage 16...there must be some other explanation....I hope.....

Don't they test the top 2 stage positions as well as the yellow jearsy?

Maybe that's why Floyd let the 30 minute breakaway happen, he didn't want to be tested that night. :rolleyes:

I wonder how good 'ole flyer is doing this AM? Operation Puento, now this, I bet he is in convulsions about now....

L

cucamelsmd15 said:
Well, after that "miraculous" comeback in the mountains, I kinda figured he got back on the sauce....:rolleyes:

Amen bro. Usually if someone completely blows, the next day(!) they don't MIRACULOUSLY regain all of their strength and then some... ;)

Damn cheaters.

cyclingheroes said:
He betrayed Merckx ? Are you kidding?

1969: Lucien Maigre was accused of giving Merckx doping substances. Years later it came out that Merckx took cortisone (is that how it's called in English?). He was tested positive at one day races in 1973 and 1977. In 1969 he was banned from the Giro but it never came out why (Giro)...

Yikes...I didn't know that....Guess its just that as long as there's competition theres gonna be cheating...stinks

Erzulis Boat said:
How many times must it be stated that the Peloton dopes?

Everybody that knows cycling has been saying this since the 1980's.

THEY ALL DOPE.....heroes and lackeys alike.

How many of you "posters" actually ride a bike? :confused:
I don't understand... does riding a bike grant you some kind of special insight into the pro peleton? I could ride around the world and learn nothing more about doping than I get from this forum.

Disturbing news.

So, if "they all dope", why is Landis the only one who got caught? If doping tests are so haphazard that they simply catch a rider or two from time to time, what value do the tests actually serve? The tests do not guarantee the riders are clean -- merely that they are unlucky.

I'm going to reiterate what I said before the Tour -- until someone can improve the testing methods to the point where the results do more than identify the unlucky lottery loser, let 'em all dope.

El Loto said:
Is this the same HelmutRoole that unqestionably said:

"I'm not a fan of individual riders, but you've got to be a fan of Landis' performance.

What a fighter."

And

"Let's call today Floyd Day.

Happy Floyd Day, y'all."

You weren't very skeptical then. I think we all believed. I know I'll admit to that

I stand by those statements, but na, I never thought or stated that he was clean. I know better, unless clean is taking just enough to fly under the radar, which apparently he didn't.

I've been involved with the sport long enough to know that, at the elite levels, everyone is either doping or trying to dope.

Something seems fishy here.

With how many times the guy must have been tested this year(not to mention this tour), it's hard to believe he would start cheating mid-tour. He would have to be a complete idiot to think he could get away with it.

Unlike some, I'm going to let this play out more before passing judgement or jumping to conclusions.

Lonnie Utah said:
I wonder how good 'ole flyer is doing this AM? Operation Puento, now this, I bet he is in convulsions about now....

L

He never responed to my e-mail 4 weeks ago. He may have convulsed over excessive sensory input.

Having learned the positive test was for testosterone, we shouldn't be surprised. Almost every one of us said "how about the balls on that guy" after Stage 17.

Meek One said:
Amen bro. Usually if someone completely blows, the next day(!) they don't MIRACULOUSLY regain all of their strength and then some... ;)

Damn cheaters.

Yeah, but testosterone... it's not going to turn you around in one day. Just a guess, but I don't think his performance on 17 is directly related to his positive test. Or maybe he didn't test pos for test? I don't know.

Lonnie Utah said:
To hell with watching the "pro's" anymore, I'm just going to enjoy riding my bike....

L

I started "biking" with mountain biking a few years ago. I would ride singletrack or on the road and didn't follow cycling at all. I would try and catch some mountain biking via videos or on TV, but didn't care about the "sport" (teams, individual riders, events), just liked it for inspiration, equipment, training, etc.

For some reason road biking is a completely different animal. Much of what I read/watch about cycling is based on the "sport", as opposed to the personal activity. I think this activity could benefit from following the mountain bike side of things, at least when it comes to magazines, books, internet and TV.

Just a brain dump...

rejobako said:
So, if "they all dope", why is Landis the only one who got caught?

Remember the 'bell curve' back in school. Everyone can fail and still pass. Only if you are statistically off the chart (bell), you are busted (unless you are LA ;) ).

Just speculating and having fun doing it... :)

helmutRoole2 said:
Yeah, but testosterone... it's not going to turn you around in one day. Just a guess, but I don't think his performance on 17 is directly related to his positive test. Or maybe he didn't test pos for test? I don't know.
Reports are it is testosterone, but I generally agree with you, and I also don't think one can look at his Stage 17 and compare it to the day before and say "aha!". The dreaded "bonk" has it's own physiological causes, and with proper hydration/nutrition etc., it's not out of the ordinary for a rider who's had bonked to ride well the next day. His failure on stage 16 didn't have to do with his fitness, but with his fuel.

Floyd's in deep sh*t right now, and if he doped, then the hell with him. But I don't think you can draw any conclusions by comparing Stages 16 and 17.

helmutRoole2 said:

I don't know what he took because I am not into chemical enhancement, although maybe I should be...

helmutRoole2 said:
My point...injecting oneself with test for one day is stupid...unless they just missed him on all the prior tests...:confused:

noonievut said:
I started "biking" with mountain biking a few years ago. I would ride singletrack or on the road and didn't follow cycling at all. I would try and catch some mountain biking via videos or on TV, but didn't care about the "sport" (teams, individual riders, events), just liked it for inspiration, equipment, training, etc.

For some reason road biking is a completely different animal. Much of what I read/watch about cycling is based on the "sport", as opposed to the personal activity. I think this activity could benefit from following the mountain bike side of things, at least when it comes to magazines, books, internet and TV.

Just a brain dump...
I'm primarily a trail biker myself, because I enjoy the technical aspects of negotiating uneven terrain as opposed to speeding on pavement. And you can always duck into the woods for a shot or two of EPO without anyone looking.

2FAST4U said:
My point...injecting oneself with test for one day is stupid...unless they just missed him on all the prior tests...:confused:
That is absolutely true so the news so far doesn't make sense unless there is just a lot of stupidity involved.

Steroids (androgens & anabolics) are therapy drugs and it takes several weeks before one can actually start feeling the results of the use and from that point the user stays on for weeks to get the full benefit of the drug cycle. One shot would do very little for a person overnight vs. the risk of being caught.