Phonak just confirmed it!

Lance, Heras, Basso, Landis

The last 4 big tour champions suspect of doping or caught doping.

I´m tired of all this mess.

adapa said:
If I'm reading those right, the study showed that consumption of 100-160 g of ethanol resulted in an ~.3 increase in the ratio. Given that Floyd had only 17 g of ethanol, it seems unlikely that it resulted in a significant increase in the ratio.

stilesiii said:
I know one thing is certain, If Landis was juiced, it is obvious that it wasn't a team wide problem. Did anybody else on the team finish in the top 50 GC, or win a stage?
If I started juicing would it make me a tour de france contender? Obviously not, so how can you infer anything from his teammates results. Maybe they were all doping and if they hadn't they would have had to abandon after stage 10. You seem to be lacking logic.

With the amount of money involved, and reputations of sponsors at stake, are any teams out there doing regular drug testing on their own athletes?

Both to ensure nobody is cheating, and to monitor the health of their athletes(make sure they are getting the right vitamins, check various levels, etc.)

I haven't heard of this being done...but you'd think it would be. Is it? If so, a spike in one thing or another would be obvious over the course of a season.

Merckx: "In my days all days like this"
Five times Tour de France winner Eddy Merckx said in a brief statement that the contra-expertise should be awaited at all times and that he still trusts Floyd Landis completely and is positive Landis didn't take any illegal substances. Merckx added that no big fuss should be made about a substance like testosteron for two reasons. "It doesn't work that well for Floyd to perform like he did in stage 17", Merckx said. "In my days", Mercxk added, "it was every day like that anyways so why bother about those little things." Merckx went on that "it is typical for the current generation in cycling to go on about meaningless things, whether they had any truth or not. In my days we would just be more eager to win the next competition when things like this happened."

Armstrong: "Floyd should have stayed with us"
Lance Armstrong, seven times winner of the Tour de France, and ex-teammate of Floyd Landis, said he was very disappointed when he heard the news. Armstrong: "This is bad for American cycling and bad for cycling in general. But as I have said before, this is the exact reason why Floyd should have stayed with the Discovery team. With our team, he would have been surrounded with better teammates, and maybe he wouldn't have lost so much time on the climb up to La Toussiere. And if he hadn't lost so much time, he wouldn't have been so desperate, and desperate men do desperate things." When asked if he ever suspected anything about Floyd when he rode with him, Armstrong replied: "No, for the simple reason that there was never any despair in our team. We always kept it tight, there was never any reason to panic and thus no reason to take any illegal substances. I was a clean rider for all of my career and so was Floyd before he left our team."

JohnDDD said:
Lance Armstrong, seven times winner of the Tour de France, and ex-teammate of Floyd Landis, said he was very disappointed when he heard the news. Armstrong: "This is bad for American cycling and bad for cycling in general. But as I have said before, this is the exact reason why Floyd should have stayed with the Discovery team. With our team, he would have been surrounded with better teammates, and maybe he wouldn't have lost so much time on the climb up to La Toussiere. And if he hadn't lost so much time, he wouldn't have been so desperate, and desperate men do desperate things." When asked if he ever suspected anything about Floyd when he rode with him, Armstrong replied: "No, for the simple reason that there was never any despair in our team. We always kept it tight, there was never any reason to panic and thus no reason to take any illegal substances. I was a clean rider for all of my career and so was Floyd before he left our team."
Gosh, I wonder why Floyd left USPostal?

JohnDDD said:
Five times Tour de France winner Eddy Merckx said in a brief statement that the contra-expertise should be awaited at all times and that he still trusts Floyd Landis completely and is positive Landis didn't take any illegal substances. Merckx added that no big fuss should be made about a substance like testosteron for two reasons. "It doesn't work that well for Floyd to perform like he did in stage 17", Merckx said. "In my days", Mercxk added, "it was every day like that anyways so why bother about those little things." Merckx went on that "it is typical for the current generation in cycling to go on about meaningless things, whether they had any truth or not. In my days we would just be more eager to win the next competition when things like this happened."

...if he'd stayed with us he never would have been caught...:p

helmutRoole2 said:
I think you have been had. Where is the source of these quotes. All I've seen Armstrong say is the following:

"On Thursday, Armstrong was riding in RAGBRAI, an annual bike ride across Iowa that attracts thousands of riders.

At the first break in Sully, Iowa, about 50 miles southeast of Des Moines, Armstrong had little to say at the Coffee Cup Cafe, where he grabbed a slice of coconut cream pie and a big glass of ice water.

When asked about Landis, Armstrong told The Associated Press: "I'm not here to talk about that."

http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/2006/07/27/ap/sports/d8j4f8voe.txt

helmutRoole2 said:
Armstrong is always playing the advantages.... that is a very vindictive statment ! I wonder what Lance is talking about when he talking off "strong team"... juding on their performance this year they are not a strong team...

JohnDDD said:

source? link?

Sad news! I mean I was numb right from the beginning of this Tour with all this non-starters issue (especially Vino's who just paid for his transfer to the wrong squad).
We had an interesting story, Pereiro to win (while he was 28 mins back, etc.) after the 16th stage.
We had another with that fantastic Landis' escape just one day after his near loss.
Instead we get this 4 days after the end of the race.
What can I say, I hope that the fact that all the winners of the last 4 Major tours got somehow busted (somehow because Lance's story was an old one and Ivan's future isn't certain yet) will prevent other riders to fight with all means for the "prestigious" win.

bauerfan said:
I think you have been had. Where is the source of these quotes. All I've seen Armstrong say is the following:

"On Thursday, Armstrong was riding in RAGBRAI, an annual bike ride across Iowa that attracts thousands of riders.

At the first break in Sully, Iowa, about 50 miles southeast of Des Moines, Armstrong had little to say at the Coffee Cup Cafe, where he grabbed a slice of coconut cream pie and a big glass of ice water.

When asked about Landis, Armstrong told The Associated Press: "I'm not here to talk about that."

http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/2006/07/27/ap/sports/d8j4f8voe.txt

Damn it!

I think you're right. I googled it and came up doughnuts.

JohnDD, what say ye?

a few hours ago there was an article up on the local newspaper's site with comments from floyd's mom saying that she had talked to floyd and was sure this would all blow over. Cant seem to find it now tough.....

www.philly.com

if anyone wants to help me look

I truely do believe that this tour was cleaner than past ones. I think Landis was clean for the majority of the tour too, until he bonked on stage 16. He knew he lost the TDF right there, and needed to cheat to even attempt a comeback. He knew this could possibly be his last race as a professional, winning this tour was the most important thing to him, so much so he put his reputation and career on the line.

Sucks for everyone involved. The TDF, Peuiro, Kloden, Sastre, and most of all the fans.

Three days in the Alps. Second day you die a death on final climb...third day you do a Bartali or Coppi and spreadeagle the field of climbers...my question: Didn't he KNOW he would be tested? Surely he must have known he couldn't get away with it.

The reason why I think he may just be innocent is the SHEER WANTON STUPIDITY of it. Is is possible to be that thick?

JohnDDD said:

This is complete utter BS.
Lance never said this.
Lance never would say this.
Please post the link and source ASAP or take it off the web.