Phone accessories

Olarmy03

Feb 7, 2014
Do any of you use your phone as a GPS tracker? Do you listen to music on your phone? Would you be more likely to use your phone for these functions if the battery lasted longer?

Yes. Map my ride. Yes. Bike mounted Bluetooth speaker. Yes, if I know it will be a longer ride or I leave with phone not fully charged, I take a lightning cord and a portable power unit capable of fully recharging. I also carry. 2 or. 3 speakers. Running out of music on a ride ... Hate it! Btw, running a gps app drains power pretty fast.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

Yes. Bike mounted Bluetooth speaker.

Btw, running a gps app drains power pretty fast.
Are you listening to the "Detroid Cobras"?
big-smile.png
I got a few songs of them on the playlist...
wink.png

I had the same problem with an Android phone. The battery no matter what would go empty in a day and not to mention that the phone would not store apps in the sd card so it was kinda telling me "buy the more expensive one if ya want lots of applications".

So I hacked it. I USB connected it and changed the Operating system to a custom one. The battery lasts about 4 days now without google triangulating my position all the time in the background and suggesting me stuff.

If I dont use it and even if I use it, it doesnt go flat fast. Endless applications storage too depending on the sd card

Then ofcourse they used that against me to deny a warranty repair which had nothing to do with the software. (The headphones plug broke). The GSM b@stards, they can SMS my ##!@#!

I don 't know them, will have to check It out. Aretha Franklin lives a couple of miles away, which is cool. I have a lot of Eminem in my iTunes library. He is very Detroit. Also Bob Seger, used to live in my neighborhood, and Kid Rock up in Clarkston.

I listen to music sometimes, but battery life is the biggest issue. If you have a secure place to hold your phone,dropping it isn't too big of a deal.