Phone/ MP3 player handlebar/stem mount

JaredSanders

Aug 11, 2009
Maybe one too many slashes in the title. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any thing-a-majigs and I can put onto my handlebars or stem that can hold my cell phone securely in place. My phone is a Motorola Rokr Z6m, it's a pretty small phone. My bike is a Scott Speedster S60. Thanks.

JaredSanders said:
Maybe one too many slashes in the title. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any thing-a-majigs and I can put onto my handlebars or stem that can hold my cell phone securely in place. My phone is a Motorola Rokr Z6m, it's a pretty small phone. My bike is a Scott Speedster S60. Thanks.

Gotta ask, why do you need your phone on the handlebars?

Peter@vecchios said:

if you're like me and use your phone as a music player that would be on good reason. i hate it when i'm riding and the phone rings in my ear. most of the time i'm too involved in riding to stop and pull it out of my jersey pocket to check who's calling. if it were mounted to my bar i could just glance down. you could also your phone based GPS as well.

mapmyride sells a bar mount for the iphone and also have an iphone application to go along with it. sadly you have to have terrible service to get the iphone so i don't have one.

Bootleg said:
if you're like me and use your phone as a music player that would be on good reason. i hate it when i'm riding and the phone rings in my ear. most of the time i'm too involved in riding to stop and pull it out of my jersey pocket to check who's calling. if it were mounted to my bar i could just glance down. you could also your phone based GPS as well.

mapmyride sells a bar mount for the iphone and also have an iphone application to go along with it. sadly you have to have terrible service to get the iphone so i don't have one.

Yeah Bootleg has the right reason. I use it as a music player a lot, and I'm also getting frequent calls and I'm tired of having my phone in my pocket while riding. I also just want some luxury and convenience.

JaredSanders said:
I'm also getting frequent calls and I'm tired of having my phone in my pocket while riding. I also just want some luxury and convenience.

I've dropped mine a few times doing that :eek:

that sounds like the best bet, better than the old earphones which deafen you to the rest of the world along with the nusiance of wires and not to mention a bit more comfort with that much less that doesn't really belong anyways in the jersey pocket.

Peter@vecchios said:

I'm with you on this. There's nothing like music and phones ringing to ruin a ride. People that need that stuff prolly need to increase their ADD meds.

Here's two options. Cy-Fi Wireless Speaker System for Bluetooth or Ipod. I have one for my ipod and I love it. You can also buy for your phone... You connect the small transmitter to your ipod, sync to the speaker, and slip it into your jersey pocket and go. You can control the ipod through the speaker for changing channels and volume. The speaker detaches and is small and fits nicely on your handlebar. It's a little pricey, $149 US but to me worth it. You can hear people and cars while enjoying music on the road. Awesome addition to my bike. www.mycyfi.com :D

alienator said:
I'm with you on this. There's nothing like music and phones ringing to ruin a ride. People that need that stuff prolly need to increase their ADD meds.

Taking a call doesn't bother me, and listening to music is something I have wanted to do while riding for a while, but I haven't been able too because of how annoying it would get reaching into my pocket to do something like change the song or take a call. I just want it to be convenient.