Photo of fan that took Lance down?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ken Papai, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang and
    Tom Kunich pictures.

    -Ken

    Tags:

  2. Funny Ken, but a good one! which one of these guys is "king of the mountains?" -tom

    "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang and
    > Tom Kunich pictures.
    >
    > -Ken

  3. "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang and
    > Tom Kunich pictures.

    Most are reporting the fan to be a young girl.

  4. "Robert Oliver" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang
    > > and Tom Kunich pictures.
    >
    > Most are reporting the fan to be a young girl.

    We should call her:

    "Heather the Moron"

    in deference to Eric the Moron, RIP.

  5. norbert

    norbert Guest

    It looked like a kid who did it. The kids dad (or whoever he was standing beside him) looked like he
    was in full Bianchi garb.

    We need someone with Tivo to get a still of it.

    They should throttle that kid with his musette!!!!

    >If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang and
    >Tom Kunich pictures.
    >
    >-Ken

  6. Brian P

    Brian P Guest

    I just watched it on Tivo about ten times. It was indeed a kid in either a Celeste t-shirt or
    jersey. No way he could see and LA was cutting the corner close. I bet he/she feels awful.

    > It looked like a kid who did it. The kids dad (or whoever he was standing beside him) looked like
    > he was in full Bianchi garb.
    >
    > We need someone with Tivo to get a still of it.
    >
    > They should throttle that kid with his musette!!!!
    >
    > >If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang and
    > >Tom Kunich pictures.
    > >
    > >-Ken

  7. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (Ken Papai)

    >If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang and
    >Tom Kunich pictures.
    >
    >-Ken

    That is so good, on so many levels. Bill C

  8. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (TritonRider)

    >That is so good, on so many levels. Bill C

    Hate top answer my own post but in light of new evidence, this sucks. That kid's got to be
    miserable. All excited, jumping around and cheering, and taking out the yellow jersey by
    accident. Bill C

  9. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    > >From: [email protected] (Ken Papai)
    >
    > >If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang and
    > >Tom Kunich pictures.
    > >
    > >-Ken
    >
    > That is so good, on so many levels. Bill C

    I don't get it.

  10. I really like this writing (from letour.fr)

    "The excitement generated by the race's arrival prompted a child, watching from the side of the
    road, to throw his arms forward. A bag he carried caught the right of Armstrong's bars and the rider
    in the yellow jersey went tumbling down."

    JT
    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  11. "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote >
    > Hate top answer my own post but in light of new evidence, this sucks. That kid's got to be
    > miserable. All excited, jumping around and cheering,
    and
    > taking out the yellow jersey by accident. Bill C

    I dunno... it made "Eric the photographer" famous for 15 minutes a few years ago... on the Alp
    d'huez as I recall?

  12. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:p[email protected]:

    > "Robert Oliver" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang
    >> > and Tom Kunich pictures.
    >>
    >> Most are reporting the fan to be a young girl.

    > We should call her:
    >

    > "Heather the Moron"
    >

    > in deference to Eric the Moron, RIP.

    Yes, and she should do her duty and follow Eric's noble example by committing suicide to atone for
    her stupidity.

    NS

  13. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    <snip>
    >>in deference to Eric the Moron, RIP.
    >

    > Yes, and she should do her duty and follow Eric's noble example by committing suicide to atone for
    > her stupidity.
    >
    > NS

    Did he really? Do you have a reference for this please (or even his surname so I can google)?

    &roo

  14. On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:22:45 +1000, Andrew Swan wrote:
    >Did he really? Do you have a reference for this please (or even his surname so I can google)?

    His full name is apparently Eric T. Hemoron.

  15. "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:22:45 +1000, Andrew Swan wrote:
    > >Did he really? Do you have a reference for this please (or even his surname so I can google)?
    >
    > His full name is apparently Eric T. Hemoron.

    *Was* Eric T. Hemeron, RIP.

  16. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    [email protected] (Ken Papai) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang and
    > Tom Kunich pictures.
    >
    > -Ken

    That's a spoof post (from one of MY fans I suppose)

    -Ken

  17. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > >From: [email protected] (Ken Papai)
    >
    > >If anyone has a close-up of the guy, I'd like to put it on my website next to the Henry Chang and
    > >Tom Kunich pictures.
    > >
    > >-Ken
    >
    > That is so good, on so many levels.

    I wish I had thought of it! [email protected] is some stalker impersonating people (or else some
    sort of twisted A.I.).

    > Bill C

  18. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:22:45 +1000, Andrew Swan wrote:
    >
    >>Did he really? Do you have a reference for this please (or even his surname so I can google)?
    >

    > His full name is apparently Eric T. Hemoron.

    Thanks - I googled for just "T. Hemoron" and it came up with your name - WTF?

    &roo

  19. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Thanks for alerting me, I'll contact google about that glitch. In the meantime, check out
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=iBZLa.21292%24Jw6.8870330%40new
    > s1.news.adelphia.net

    WOW! Someone followed Henry's advice from that thread:

    "Wherever he's from - he has been immortalized in the annals of bike racing history.

    Pretenders to fame - take note. If you wanna make a name for yourself - go to an uphill finish at
    the TdF and try the same thing."

    Hooking the yellow jersey's handlebars and crashing him earns a podium position next to Eric.

    NS