Photo Sorting

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:37:26 -0000, stemc © wrote:

>Come on Bill, even the greatest salesman/woman in then world have a difficult job selling some of
>my photos! Maybe I could start her off with a simpler job, like selling ice to the Eskimo's! :)

Eskimo's what? Dog? Wife? Polar bear? And before anybody chimes in I know I have posted a message
somewhere tonight with an "i't's" in it.
:-(

Anyway the PC word is Inuit. :)

"W. D. Grey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| In article <[email protected]>, stemc © <[email protected]> writes
| >It's funny because we were talking about this in work last week. My boss likes everything to be
| >neat and tidy, but one of the girls desks is such
| >mess, than although my boss looks at it every time she goes past, she doesn't dare saying
| >anything about it because she probably wouldn't even know where to start with cleaning it up! :)
|
| Funny you should say this. When I was working, we had a girl in the office and she had untidy
| drawers!
| --
| Bill Grey

Ooh eh missus!! Don't let your wife hear you make sweeping statements like that! ;-)

Ste

"W. D. Grey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| In article <[email protected]>, stemc © <[email protected]> writes
| >My moon photos are normally **** because I can't get close enough, but I just zoom in as much as
| >I can, use a tripod if possible, use the spot metering function, focus on infinity, use an
| >aperture of f8.0, and a
shutter
| >speed of about 1/200 or 1/250. Just be careful not to overexpose it, or you'll see no
| >detail in it.
|
| Some very fundamental statements here Ste:
|
| .....I can't get close enough ! Good point :)
|
| .....focus on infinity...... Brilliant!
|

| Who am I to comment - I haven't even tried :)
| --
| Bill Grey

Thanks for that Bill! :) You should have a go, especially as you can change your lenses to get
closer to it etc.

Ste

In article <[email protected]>, stemc © <[email protected]> writes
>Thanks for that Bill! :) You should have a go, especially as you can change your lenses to get
>closer to it etc.

Seeing as we are all turning to digital - I can't do much lens changing really.

Getting back to film though, I can manage 600mm at a push! But who wants to wait that long to see
the results :-[
--
Bill Grey http://www.billboy.co.uk

In article <[email protected]>, stemc © <[email protected]> writes
>Come on Bill, even the greatest salesman/woman in then world have a difficult job selling some of
>my photos! Maybe I could start her off with a simpler job, like selling ice to the Eskimo's! :)

I don't bloody believe it!!! You must be better than your opinion of yourself :-]
--
Bill Grey http://www.billboy.co.uk

"W. D. Grey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| In article <[email protected]>, stemc © <[email protected]> writes
| >Come on Bill, even the greatest salesman/woman in then world have a difficult job selling some of
| >my photos! Maybe I could start her off
with a
| >simpler job, like selling ice to the Eskimo's! :)
|
| I don't bloody believe it!!! You must be better than your opinion of yourself :-]
| --
| Bill Grey

Yeah, I am, but I'm just fishing for compliments! ;-)

Ste

"Phil Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:37:26 -0000, stemc © wrote:
|
| >Come on Bill, even the greatest salesman/woman in then world have a difficult job selling some of
| >my photos! Maybe I could start her off
with a
| >simpler job, like selling ice to the Eskimo's! :)
|
| Eskimo's what? Dog? Wife? Polar bear? And before anybody chimes in I know I have posted a message
| somewhere tonight with an "i't's" in it.
| :-(

Sorry, I meant to say "...like selling ice to the Eskimo's Polar Bear!" ;-)

| Anyway the PC word is Inuit. :)

Oh no, not political correctness, I hate that stuff! :) I thought I'd did my bit by writing
"salesman/woman" above! :)

| --
| Phil Cook

Ste

"Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> stemc © wrote:
>
> > It sounds interesting Paul, have you get any draft pages up at all yet?
>
> No not yet. As I said, I'm trying to sort out the layout and content first before putting the
> pages together. I want to be happy with the overall layout so that I won't have to change it again
> in the future, so it needs to allow for future expansion without having to alter the basic
> structure.
>
> Paul

Okay, I'm just itching to see what you've came up with. It all sounds very intriguing! I've noticed
some websites have clickable maps, so you could possible have a map of wales with mountains on or
something.

My site, when it's finished, will be like every other photography site...
:)

Ste

"W. D. Grey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, stemc © <[email protected]> writes
> >Thanks for that Bill! :) You should have a go, especially as you can change your lenses to get
> >closer to it etc.
>
> Seeing as we are all turning to digital - I can't do much lens changing really.
>
> Getting back to film though, I can manage 600mm at a push! But who wants to wait that long to see
> the results :-[
> --
> Bill Grey

Come on Bill, have a go! :)

Ste

In article <[email protected]>, stemc © <[email protected]> writes

>"W. D. Grey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>, stemc © <[email protected]> writes
>> >Thanks for that Bill! :) You should have a go, especially as you can change your lenses to get
>> >closer to it etc.
>>
>> Seeing as we are all turning to digital - I can't do much lens changing really.
>>
>> Getting back to film though, I can manage 600mm at a push! But who wants to wait that long to see
>> the results :-[
>> --
>> Bill Grey
>

>Come on Bill, have a go! :)
>
>Ste

Oh alright just for you I took a shot of the full moon tonight. I've sent you the photo by e-mail
also to Paul.

At the moment demon aren't delivering any mail to me sod it!

Gwyn - I can see there's one waiting to come down from you, but at the moment I can't receive it.
--
Bill Grey http://www.billboy.co.uk

In article <[email protected]>, Paul Saunders
<[email protected]> writes
>W. D. Grey wrote:
>
>> Oh alright just for you I took a shot of the full moon tonight. I've sent you
>> the photo by e-mail also to Paul.
>
>Really? I didn't see anything? Or perhaps I deleted it by mistake (I had to
>trash my friends & blacklist in MailWasher the other day due to the excessive
>numbers in my blacklist).
>
>Can you send me another email?

Done.

--

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 01:39:38 -0000, Paul Saunders wrote:

>W. D. Grey wrote:
>
>> Oh alright just for you I took a shot of the full moon tonight. I've sent you
>> the photo by e-mail also to Paul.
>
>Really? I didn't see anything? Or perhaps I deleted it by mistake (I had to
>trash my friends & blacklist in MailWasher the other day due to the excessive
>numbers in my blacklist).

It would be easier to have a friends list and anybody else filtered for delete
unless they use a specific subject.

W. D. Grey wrote:

>> Can you send me another email?
>
> Done.

Oh dear, I didn't get that one either, sorry Bill.

I think I know what happened. You sent it to Ste and me,
yes? I've got a rule to delete emails not addressed
specifically to me, so if you addressed it to Ste and CC'd
it to me my rule probably killed it. And then would have
added you to the blacklist so your second email would have
been deleted before I even saw it (I did check the list
today but didn't see anything from you). I've altered my
rules and settings now so hopefully that won't happen again.

A third time please?

Paul
--

Phil Cook wrote:

> It would be easier to have a friends list and anybody else
> filtered for delete unless they use a specific subject.

Trouble is I trashed my friends list the other day when I
deleted my mega-gigantic black list (which was causing the
program to take ages to load and occasionally crash, and
refused to open the options within the program because it
was so big) so it will take a little while to reconstruct,
and I have so many potential friends to put in the list
anyway that would be a huge task if I did it manually, so I
prefer to just mark them as friends as the emails come in.

As for filtering all those who don't use a specific subject,
I get a lot of emails from strangers so I really don't want
to do that.

Paul
--

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:31:57 -0000, Paul Saunders wrote:

>W. D. Grey wrote:
>
>>> Can you send me another email?
>>
>> Done.
>
>Oh dear, I didn't get that one either, sorry Bill.
>
>I think I know what happened. You sent it to Ste and me,
>yes? I've got a rule to delete emails not addressed
>specifically to me, so if you addressed it to Ste and
>CC'd it to me my rule probably killed it. And then would
>have added you to the blacklist so your second email
>would have been deleted before I even saw it (I did check
>the list today but didn't see anything from you). I've
>altered my rules and settings now so hopefully that won't
>happen again.
>
>A third time please?

I've got a rule that says if I am in the CC then the
email is legit.
--
Phil Cook looking north over the park to the
"Westminster Gasworks"

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:44:46 -0000, Paul Saunders wrote:

>Phil Cook wrote:
>
>> It would be easier to have a friends list and anybody
>> else filtered for delete unless they use a specific
>> subject.
>
>Trouble is I trashed my friends list the other day when I
>deleted my mega-gigantic black list (which was causing the
>program to take ages to load and occasionally crash, and
>refused to open the options within the program because it
>was so big) so it will take a little while to reconstruct,
>and I have so many potential friends to put in the list
>anyway that would be a huge task if I did it manually, so I
>prefer to just mark them as friends as the emails come in.

If you can get Outlook to export a list of addresses just
paste them in at the bottom below [Whitelisted emails] in

C:\Windows\Application Data\Mailwasher\Blacklist.txt

>As for filtering all those who don't use a specific
>subject, I get a lot of emails from strangers so I really
>don't want to do that.

I can see that would be a problem.
--
Phil Cook looking north over the park to the
"Westminster Gasworks"

There is a great full moon tonight tonight...its still light
here and the moon is shining bright over "that" mountain!

"Phil Cook" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 15:44:46 -0000, Paul Saunders wrote:
>
> >Phil Cook wrote:
> >
> >> It would be easier to have a friends list and anybody
> >> else filtered for delete unless they use a specific
> >> subject.
> >
> >Trouble is I trashed my friends list the other day when I
> >deleted my mega-gigantic black list (which was causing
> >the program to take ages to load and occasionally crash,
> >and refused to open the options within the program
> >because it was so big) so it will take a little while to
> >reconstruct, and I have so many potential friends to put
> >in the list anyway that would be a huge task if I did it
> >manually, so I prefer to just mark them as friends as the
> >emails come in.
>
> If you can get Outlook to export a list of addresses just
> paste them in at the bottom below [Whitelisted emails] in
>
> C:\Windows\Application Data\Mailwasher\Blacklist.txt
>
> >As for filtering all those who don't use a specific
> >subject, I get a lot of emails from strangers so I really
> >don't want to do that.
>
> I can see that would be a problem.
> --
> Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster
> Gasworks"

In article <[email protected]>, Paul Saunders
<[email protected]> writes
>I think I know what happened. You sent it to Ste and me,
>yes? I've got a rule to delete emails not addressed
>specifically to me, so if you addressed it to Ste and
>CC'd it to me my rule probably killed it. And then would
>have added you to the blacklist so your second email
>would have been deleted before I even saw it (I did check
>the list today but didn't see anything from you). I've
>altered my rules and settings now so hopefully that won't
>happen again.
>
>A third time please?
O.K. I've sent an "enlarged" version so I'll send the
original for comparison.
--
Bill Grey http://www.billboy.co.uk

"AC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| There is a great full moon tonight tonight...its still
| light here and the moon is shining bright over "that"
| mountain!

<snip>

I went out at about 2pm last night to photograph the moon,
as it was making a lovely halo as it was shining through
the thin cloud cover. But guess what! As soon as I put the
camera on a tripod and aimed upwards, the cloud cover got
thicker and the moon disappeared into a dull glow.
Hmmm.... :-(

Ste