PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY FOR CANCER/BARRETTS ESOPHAGUS

R

Rtr5998

I have, for years, had Barretts esophagus. In May of 1997 I was diagnosed as having cancer of the
esophagus. Prior to this (IN THE LATE 70'S) I was lucky to have met a man at the VA Hospital in
Little Rock; Dr. Patel warned me about Barretts . This was back in the late 70's. I had a
fundolication (stomach wrap) at VA Little Rock, Arkansas. This was before the real good medicines
they have now. Then the only thing to do for this condition was antacids and wrapping the esophagus
around the stomach to physically prevent acid reflex. Thats what usually causes Barrette and/or
Cancer of the esophagus.

Dr. Patel was adamant that I have another operation somewhere else. But where?I have a brother who
is Chief of Pharmacy at a large VA hospital. I asked him to find the best surgeon in the
country. He found Dr. David Skinner then at the University of Chicago. In 1983 Dr. Skinner
operated and this operation holds This may have saved my life because it bought time for me
while luckily the PDT technology came along plus the new medication they have now.
Ds. Skinner is currently at Columbia University in Manhattan.

To make a long story short; after I was diagnosed as having cancer and after exhaustive research; I
went to Dr. Bergin F.Overholt in Knoxville, Tennessee.

There I was treated with Photodynamic Therapy (PDT). As of this writing I am cancer free and the
Barretts is gone. I remained cancer free for three years.

About a year ago Dr. Overholt found another cancer. It was a surface cancer near the spot where the
first cancer was found. Dr. Overholt again did PDT. This time two PDT treatments on separate days.
Upon his last exam; I am again cancer free.

UPDATE: I just returned from Knoxville where Dr. Overholt found no cancer as of 11 December 2000.

UPDATE: I returned from Knoxville where Dr. Overholt found no cancer as of 13 Feb. 2002.

UPDATE: I returned from Knoxville, Tennessee where Dr. Overholt did an extensive scope taking many
biopsy's whic indicated that no cancer was present as of 27 March 2003.

Dt. Haydek, an associate of Dr. Overholt, is also accepting patients for evaluation for Photodynamic
Therapy. I have personally been treated by Dr. Haydek and he is an excellant physician.

Du. Haydek was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, attending a Christian grammar school and
seminary high school prior to obtaining his degree in pharmacy from the University of Illinois.
He subsequently obtained his M.D. degree and completed his internship, medical residency, chief
residency and gastroenterology fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center in Chicago.

Following his fellowship and prior to his relocation to Knoxville, Tennessee,
Dv. Haydek worked for three years as an academic gastroenterologist and assistant professor of
medicine at Loyola University Medical Center and Hines
D.w. Hospital.

Dx. Haydek's accomplishments include multiple nominations for 'Outstanding Teacher" awards as well
as recognition both as a Fellow of the American College of Physicians (FACP) and as a Fellow of
the American College of gastroenterology (FACG).

I will be happy to discuss my case with anyone needing information. R. T. Rogers ; PO Box 66 ;
Hiwasse, Arkansas 72739-0066 ; phone 501-787-5542; e-mail [email protected]. If you wish to contact
Dr. Overholt directly; call the voice mail number 865-588-5121 and describe your condition and leave
your name and number. They will get back to you. Also please go to his web site:

http://www.thompsoncancer.com/tcsclase.cfm

Kindest Regards. Tony Rogers

Kindest Regards. Tony Rogers