PHOTON BLINK Y SCORES!!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Feb 2, 2005.

  1. ahh!the sae replacement nut for the photon's lost nut is an #8-32!

    Tags:

  2. ok. how does one bring up an archived text as complete in the new
    system? before the copied header posted into the new topic header
    brought up the complete thread but not this time?

  3. ahhh time machine
    so posting over there brings the caption and compete post over to here?
    now to convert all metrics, ie cateye to...

  4. On 2 Feb 2005 10:57:56 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >THANKS for bringing this up, Carl.
    >

    >One might venture abroad and use the old version of Google
    >Groups:
    >
    >http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&group=rec.bicycles.tech
    ><<<<
    >
    >I REALLY don't like the Beta version at all.
    >
    >Is there a trick to reverting back to the earlier version?
    >Kind regards.
    >
    >Lewis.
    >
    >****************

    Dear Lewis,

    No trick, just click on the link to the UK Google Groups
    site, and there it is:

    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&group=rec.bicycles.tech

    For anti-imperialists, there's India:

    http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&group=rec.bicycles.tech

    I don't know how long these happy backwaters will exist, but
    they seem to update threads quickly and use the familiar old
    version of Google Groups without the clutter of the new
    bells and whistles.

    Carl Fogel

  5. weatherchannel.com has a new system
    trans-national?
    with the sae conversion, the touring rider takes a bag of nuts along!
    keeps the knees from wearing out.

  6. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > weatherchannel.com has a new system
    > trans-national?
    > with the sae conversion, the touring rider takes a bag of nuts along!...

    Watch out for the squirrels!

    --
    Tom Sherman - Earth

  7. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > ahhh time machine
    > so posting over there brings the caption and compete post over to here?
    > now to convert all metrics, ie cateye to...

    Uh, could you click that translation button again, please?

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

  8. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > weatherchannel.com has a new system
    > trans-national?
    > with the sae conversion, the touring rider takes a bag of nuts along!
    > keeps the knees from wearing out.

    And, after translation, what?

    --

  9. On 2 Feb 2005 08:16:15 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >ok. how does one bring up an archived text as complete in the new
    >system? before the copied header posted into the new topic header
    >brought up the complete thread but not this time?

    Dear Gene,

    Private email suggests that others are puzzled, too.

    In the new Google Groups (Beta) . . .

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.tech?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8

    Near the top of the opening display, click on "view with
    message text" and you get twenty threads, each displayed on
    a single line (there are options for more threads per page).

    Click on a thread and the default view has no left-hand tree
    showing all the posts in the thread, which is what I think
    you're looking for.

    Within the thread, go to the top of the page and click on
    the option to "view as tree"--this produces the familiar
    index tree of all posts in the current thread in a left-hand
    frame.

    You can turn the tree off again by clicking on "no frame" in
    the frame.

    That's about as close as you'll get to the old version here: