PHOTON BLINK Y SCORES!!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by G.Daniels, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. G.Daniels

    G.Daniels Guest

    i bota photon blinky: white with yaller leds. (and a giga cateye!) put the lights on(with the
    previously mounted on a stalk rearward cateye 600 and one regular red blinky) at woolmort.

    a balmy winter evening. rolled out of the garden alcove toward the lot. two incoming shoopers came
    out from behind the garden centers cage and jumped!! exclaimed!! "look gene's gotta front blinky!!"
    ok when was the last time a stranger passing by said to you... the six mile ride home on a bike path
    25' from 45-50 mph boulevards brought 14 goood show cawments and three honkhonkhonks!! great photon.

    the giga is cool for $35 not yet the mulsane but going down the last dead end dark leg i swerved
    past a large black snake getting the most out of the days infrared lit by the few photons let out of
    the main spot. maybe dazzeld by the blinky.

    actually, that's the first relaxed night ride i've ridden. the killer pothole wasa black snake and
    was in less fear of being not seen but as a porch light.

    ever try the night hat to block out the oncoming headlights?? or fish cap?? an idea!! find new or
    used clipons and add the correctly coloured film on top.

    Tags:

  2. G.Daniels

    G.Daniels Guest

    to complete the tail at 9:30 a boeing 727 flew over lit up lika YEAH!!! photon blinky

    and now a word from the snake....

  3. g.daniels wrote:
    > to complete the tail at 9:30 a boeing 727 flew over lit up lika YEAH!!! photon blinky
    >
    > and now a word from the snake....

    Marijuana must be very cheap where you live ;-)

  4. "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > g.daniels wrote:
    > > to complete the tail at 9:30 a boeing 727 flew over lit up lika YEAH!!! photon blinky
    > >
    > > and now a word from the snake....
    >
    > Marijuana must be very cheap where you live ;-)

    I think he believes that he gets paid by the word.

  5. Zeeexsixare

    Zeeexsixare Guest

    "g.daniels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > to complete the tail at 9:30 a boeing 727 flew over lit up lika YEAH!!! photon blinky
    >
    > and now a word from the snake....

    Ah BWAAALLHAUHAB

    BWWWUHHHHHHH

    BLWLHABLHUWHBLAALAAA

    BWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

    BLALHWAUAHLBUBLWHLBBLUALBHW

    YEAH!

    So what do you think?

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  6. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:03:37 +0000, Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    >g.daniels wrote:
    <incoherence snipped>
    >Marijuana must be very cheap where you live ;-)

    When I smoked marijuana, I never came up with that sort of thing. What kind of marijuana are you
    talking about?
    --
    Rick Onanian

  7. Rick Onanian wrote:

    > When I smoked marijuana, I never came up with that sort of thing. What kind of marijuana are you
    > talking about?

    Must be that extra powerful Dutch "skunk" stuff...

  8. It all flows from the D cell.

    I had a devil of a time finding that single cell bulb to complete the flame that flies from the old
    jewel now burning on my handlebar.

    But have not yet remove the snake from my vision.

    For as long shadows still slithers against the path into the darkened wood.

    So I shall refusing alkaline, that sponge of time removes the quick flame of spot once so smartly
    illuminated down the way.

    And I find myself reaching for that lower gear.

    And keeping vigilance for that snake.

    But on my way to be lost, only the cindering remains of D cell guide the creature back into the
    fars . . .

    . . .and into slumber from which it shall awaken with evermore invigorated by its tuck and rest.

    I'm thinking of going solid state here. :)

    - S

  9. Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
    : When I smoked marijuana, I never came up with that sort of thing. What kind of marijuana are you
    : talking about?

    yeesh. my CYA alarm just went off (it's finely honed from a number of background checks and lots of
    drug tests).

    basically, you need to make extensive use of the subjunctive case or project on to a third party.

    style 1) woken up at 2pm by a headhunter who asks if they woke you up it is far better to respond,
    "Even if you had i wouldn't tell you." than it is to say, "Yes."

    style 2) when making a reference to marijuana on usenet it is probably preferable rather than to say
    "When I smoked marijuana ..." to state it as "Even the derelict loser flunky types who smoked
    marijuana in college ... never came up with that sort of thing."

    it's also far more likely your dope wasn't good enuf.

    ... but i certainly wouldn't know a thing about that.
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]

  10. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On 08 Feb 2004 20:34:35 GMT, David Reuteler <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    >Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
    >: When I smoked marijuana, I never came up with that sort of thing.
    >
    >yeesh. my CYA alarm just went off (it's finely honed from a number of basically, you need to make
    >extensive use of the subjunctive case or project on to a third party.
    >
    >style 2) when making a reference to marijuana on usenet it is probably preferable rather than to
    >say "When I smoked marijuana ..." to state it as "Even the derelict loser flunky types who smoked
    >marijuana in college ...

    I've got quite a bit of dirt from that time already archived. It makes little difference to admit
    here. It seems so long ago; and reading those messages, I feel like an entirely different person.
    Then, looking at the dates, I'm surprised and kind of unhappy that it really wasn't hugely long ago.
    I certainly am an entirely different person now than I was then, but I suppose that happens.
    --
    Rick Onanian

  11. Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote:
    : I certainly am an entirely different person now than I was then, but I suppose that happens.

    excellent recovery. & for better and for worse that certainly does seem true.
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]

  12. G.Daniels

    G.Daniels Guest

    and here we have several testimonials for advanced thought for night lights wether for commuting or
    merely sport cycling. the inability to process information, develop ideas and relevant concepts in a
    group without succumbing to hardwired herd behavior akin to a lynchmob on the opree winfry show 0ver
    a period of time not in a few tenths of a second in poor light is totally evident in these abysmally
    ignorant emails aside from the snake off course.

    one library busybody exclaimed yawl didn't believe my story. Nope that's true. infact the snake,
    unless put there and that is possible, crawled out of a cemetery! the hooters are the local police
    who are plagued by unlit cycles who off course know the TSA and then I do some analysis for the FAA
    and in fact deveoped an awarness of a recent problem preventing a mid air crash. so its net net net.
    open democratic free flow and ya never know who who who your reading. cud be alan greemspan. like
    why shud he tell youn right? duh

    the blink continues to get rave reviews when riddin outa shopping lot parks at twilight.

    and the snake....

    the snake ran me down!! a kller in a mirage. u-turned opver three lanes and drove me into the
    curb. a mob assasssin. i knew he was coming when i was three miles away and leaped off the bike
    halfway6 dragging out of danger. the assassin ran over the CR-18 but not the frame. the place-no
    traffic no witnesses. i got the plate number but had to go to the cars rear in danger from
    Florida's rear plate only law. duh. the assassin had deeply tinted windows. a mob givaway. shined
    the giga cateye at him thru the drivers side dig it dude. space city. laser light. the moron
    opened the window caws he thought this ultimate light weapon belongs to a drumroll!! YEAH!!! a
    cop. IDIDIDIDID!!!! time for Vlad.

    which is off course the other side of the story and an element of many at not dressing visibly even
    in daylight. paranoid.

    the lights gave me away. no one here has lights like that. a double light at the rear and the
    blinky. so the assassin thought?: "that's him. no ones around. I'll kill him and get mob
    points for it. .

  13. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On 12 Feb 2004 08:37:30 -0800, [email protected] (g.daniels) wrote:
    >and here we have several testimonials for advanced thought for night

    No advanced thought here.

    >the inability to process information, develop ideas and relevant

    That inability certainly describes your message!

    >aside from the snake off course.

    Damn! Gotta get GPS units for every snake.

    >infact the snake, unless put there and that is possible, crawled out of a cemetery!

    Maybe it was dead.

    >the hooters are the local police who are plagued by unlit cycles who

    Wow, wish my local police were hooters. I'd love to deal with them.

    >off course know the TSA and then I do some analysis for the FAA and in

    Egads! We're all gonna die! Gene's working for the FAA!

    >fact deveoped an awarness of a recent problem preventing a mid air crash.

    If a problem prevented a crash, you must have designed the specifications for proper operation.

    >and ya never know who who who your reading. cud be alan greemspan.

    Considering what greenspam did to the economy when he wanted to "slow it down" near the end of the
    Clinton era, well, you're right -- you COULD be him.

    >the blink continues to get rave reviews when riddin outa shopping lot parks at twilight.

    Is this something you spend a lot of time on, riding out of shopping lot parks at twilight?

    >the snake ran me down!! a kller in a mirage. u-turned opver three lanes and drove me into the curb.
    >a mob assasssin. i knew he was

    What kind of snake are we talking about, a python? A boa constrictor? Are they really that fast?

    >time for Vlad.

    No, time for Sven Hoek.

    >which is off course the other side of the story and an element of many at not dressing visibly even
    >in daylight. paranoid.

    I wish some people would dress invisibly, that'd be a nice show. Some others should, in fact, have
    very visible clothes, otoh...
    --
    Rick Onanian

  14. G.Daniels

    G.Daniels Guest

    the front parking light blink continues as a hit. with two
    rear lights, a cateye 600 and regular rear blinky on an
    aluminum strap off the rack and the blue white giga front
    cateye headlight, constant comment gushes forth as i cruise
    thru the early dawn on my way to the yanks-sox game.

    gives the idea that good lighting or eyecatching lighting
    improves the general level of awareness and survivability

    on the other hand the killer who tried to cancel me drove
    with an untraceable plate, possibley a stolen rental car out
    of miami. i heard the as new plate was taken 3 years ago.

    or maybe the cops were too busy...

    carry mace in the police cannister and spray into the rad
    and ac vent below the windshield.

  15. G.Daniels