Photos from Mont 24hr Race

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by PlaneGuy, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. PlaneGuy

    PlaneGuy Guest

    Hi all,

    I took a bunch of pics yesterday at the Month 24hr. Now I have never shot
    Mountain biking before, and would appreciate some comments from the
    afficionados.

    http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=342686

    Also, do you guys know of any really good online photo galleries of mountain
    biking. I would like to see some of them.

    Tags:

  2. Tim Jones

    Tim Jones Guest

    "PlaneGuy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I took a bunch of pics yesterday at the Month 24hr. Now I have never shot
    > Mountain biking before, and would appreciate some comments from the
    > afficionados.
    >
    > http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=342686
    >
    > Also, do you guys know of any really good online photo galleries of

    mountain
    > biking. I would like to see some of them.

    Hi PlaneGuy (Andy?),

    The pictures look really good to me.

    Looks pretty cool in the action shots with the rider in focus and the
    background blurred!

    Tim

  3. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "PlaneGuy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I took a bunch of pics yesterday at the Month 24hr. Now I have never shot
    > Mountain biking before, and would appreciate some comments from the
    > afficionados.
    >
    > http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=342686

    Yeah, some nice shots in there. Nice light and nice panning.
    Some of them could have been framed (or cropped?)
    slightly better but you've done better than I could so :p

    The site mentions a D30, so I assume you are actually a
    reasonable photographer (i.e. you've moved on from being
    a "happy snapper" :)).

    > Also, do you guys know of any really good online photo galleries of

    mountain
    > biking. I would like to see some of them.

    http://www.stphoto.com/gallery.html
    www.cyclingnews.com
    www.pinkbike.com

    hth
    hippy

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    excellent work, really like the blurry background to give the effect of
    movement. good depth of field too. like them as they are. if you want to
    alter them, try using Adobe Photoshop.

    I have half a fine arts degree (photo major) from the eighties, then
    want would I know......:rolleyes:

    --
    it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

  5. PlaneGuy

    PlaneGuy Guest

    Thanks for the comments guys. There have been a few comments on my framing,
    which many think is too tight. I personally like it, but its opinions like
    that I hope to learn from.

    And hippy, I definitely hope to learn from those links you gave me - I enjoy
    my photography, but compared to some of those I am still a happy snapper.