Photos from Mont 24hr Race

PlaneGuy

Guest
Hi all,

I took a bunch of pics yesterday at the Month 24hr. Now I have never shot
Mountain biking before, and would appreciate some comments from the
afficionados.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=342686

Also, do you guys know of any really good online photo galleries of mountain
biking. I would like to see some of them.

"PlaneGuy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
>
> I took a bunch of pics yesterday at the Month 24hr. Now I have never shot
> Mountain biking before, and would appreciate some comments from the
> afficionados.
>
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=342686
>
> Also, do you guys know of any really good online photo galleries of

mountain
> biking. I would like to see some of them.

Hi PlaneGuy (Andy?),

The pictures look really good to me.

Looks pretty cool in the action shots with the rider in focus and the
background blurred!

Tim

"PlaneGuy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I took a bunch of pics yesterday at the Month 24hr. Now I have never shot
> Mountain biking before, and would appreciate some comments from the
> afficionados.
>
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=342686

Yeah, some nice shots in there. Nice light and nice panning.
Some of them could have been framed (or cropped?)
slightly better but you've done better than I could so :p

The site mentions a D30, so I assume you are actually a
reasonable photographer (i.e. you've moved on from being
a "happy snapper" :)).

> Also, do you guys know of any really good online photo galleries of

mountain
> biking. I would like to see some of them.

http://www.stphoto.com/gallery.html
www.cyclingnews.com
www.pinkbike.com

hth
hippy

excellent work, really like the blurry background to give the effect of
movement. good depth of field too. like them as they are. if you want to
alter them, try using Adobe Photoshop.

I have half a fine arts degree (photo major) from the eighties, then
want would I know......:rolleyes:

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

Thanks for the comments guys. There have been a few comments on my framing,
which many think is too tight. I personally like it, but its opinions like
that I hope to learn from.

And hippy, I definitely hope to learn from those links you gave me - I enjoy
my photography, but compared to some of those I am still a happy snapper.