Photos - Lyme Regis and its Fossils

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Icarus, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Icarus

    Icarus Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tim Tyler

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Icarus <[email protected]> wrote or quoted:

    > Have a look at these great pictures of fossils at
    > Lyme Regis
    >
    > If any one has any info on these fossils it would be
    > gratefully appreciated.
    >
    > http://y2u.co.uk/%26002_Images/Lyme%20Regis%20Fossils%20%-
    > 2001.htm

    Long ago now, I visited this area several times. There are
    beaches between Lyme Regis and Charmouth with more ammonites
    than I've ever seen in one place before - and nearby -
    substantial land movements have exposed large cross sections
    of rocky history.

    There was quite a cottage industry at the time - with many
    fossil shops.

    I expect it has since become even more of a fossil mecca.
    --
    |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ [email protected] Remove
    lock to reply.