Photos of area where cyclist was nicked.

"ChrisW" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Elyob wrote:
> > <snip> The argument he gave let itself down when he said the
equivalent
> > of "why don't the police solve the proper crimes".
>
> When my car was broken into for the third time in one week in the same street, the police were far
> to busy to take an interest. But they seemed to have two officers and a van available to tell me
> not to cycle in Kensington Gardens on the same day. Guess what question I asked myself.
>
> Chris

Let me guess ... as a law-abiding citizen, what was I doing there in the first place?

;)

Nick

What tends to happen is that official or policeman tells someone off for whatever-it-is, culprit
then gives some comment back and then it depends on where the copper's tolerance threshold lies -
somewhere between "should be chasing proper criminals" and "fxxk off" should do it. "Sorry officer"
and not doing it again for a few days should usually be OK.

Cheers

Hywel

Dave Kahn wrote:

>"Kit Wolf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>
>> Sounds good... Do you think we should tell him?
>
>It seems like the decent thing to do. Ian McNee of Manor Road, Hull. Neither 192.com nor BT
>directory enquiries seems to know him. Maybe someone in Hull could look him up?

When I first read the article, I assumed that Mr McNee was using a bit a poetic license in
his letter.

Perhaps he was "told off" by a bobby, and may even have received a threat of a £30 fine, but I bet
my 2p's worth that he never actually received a fine.
--
remove remove to reply

[email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Kit Wolf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > Sounds good... Do you think we should tell him?
>
> It seems like the decent thing to do. Ian McNee of Manor Road, Hull. Neither 192.com nor BT
> directory enquiries seems to know him. Maybe someone in Hull could look him up?

Nobody in Hull will be in any BT guide. We cannot get anything other than Kingston Communications
here. It's the only municipal telephone service in the UK. Simon