Photos of Seattle-area rain

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Claire Petersky, Jan 21, 2006.

  1. Tags:

  2. catzz66

    catzz66 Guest

    Claire Petersky wrote:
    > I thought John's blogsite (http://www.calnan-web.com/weblog/, scroll to 26
    > Days of Rain, and Counting or Day 23 below that) had some good photos of
    > the bike commute during our recent soggy weather -- see more here:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcalnan/sets/72057594047324645/

    Although it would make riding more difficult, we could sure use some of
    that rain in Texas. We're in a drought situation. I guess it all
    averages out, though.

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Claire Petersky wrote:
    > I thought John's blogsite (http://www.calnan-web.com/weblog/, scroll to 26
    > Days of Rain, and Counting or Day 23 below that) had some good photos of
    > the bike commute during our recent soggy weather -- see more here:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcalnan/sets/72057594047324645/

    You write like it's bad thing that Seattle's gotten
    all this rain. A nice benefit to the storm
    path is that Madison has had 30+ days with highs
    at or above 30. Winter? What winter?

    Scott (normal high: 25)

  4. Dane Buson

    Dane Buson Guest

    Claire Petersky <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I thought John's blogsite (http://www.calnan-web.com/weblog/, scroll to 26
    > Days of Rain, and Counting or Day 23 below that) had some good photos of
    > the bike commute during our recent soggy weather -- see more here:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcalnan/sets/72057594047324645/

    I was cycling down by the SRT about 10 days ago while it was still micturating
    down with a fury. I've never seen the Sammamish River so high. It wasn't up
    over the trail anywhere, though there were certainly plenty of excellent
    puddles.

    --
    Dane Buson - [email protected]
    I thought there was something fishy about the butler. Probably a Pisces,

  5. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    Scott <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Claire Petersky wrote:
    >> I thought John's blogsite (http://www.calnan-web.com/weblog/, scroll to 26
    >> Days of Rain, and Counting or Day 23 below that) had some good photos of
    >> the bike commute during our recent soggy weather -- see more here:
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcalnan/sets/72057594047324645/>

    >You write like it's bad thing that Seattle's gotten
    >all this rain.

    Last time it rained here was October 18th. I'm building up a new
    urban 'cross bike, and really want to put fenders on it. I just can't
    remember why...

    > A nice benefit to the storm
    >path is that Madison has had 30+ days with highs
    >at or above 30. Winter? What winter?

    It's been above 30 here every day this winter too (that would be the
    low though). The high this last week wasn't too far short of 30C
    though...

    Mark Hickey
    Habanero Cycles
    http://www.habcycles.com