Photos of winter trike tour

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Scott, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Greetings one and all: My wife and I recently returned from a 500 mi. Mojave desert trike tour. I
    won't go into detail now. I hope to have a full narrative up on crazyguyonabike.com when it's up and
    running again. Suffice it to say that it was quite challenging. We had to stop before completing a
    loop of over 600 miles because I made too radical an adjustment to the BB to ease some knee pain and
    ended up inflaming my achilles tendon! Nothing really serious, but the 5,000 ft climb out of Death
    Valley was out of the question. As it is, I'll have to take it easy for a while. I still need to add
    a photo of the route, but basically we followed Route 66 for a while, cut north through the East
    Mojave Preserve and then into the southern end of Death Valley. Phew! Those grades go on FOREVER!
    One was about 25 miles long. I hope you enjoy the photos.

    http://community.webshots.com/user/getbent100

    Keep on riding...

    Scott Greenspeed Tandem and Halu-Wahoo!-zak

    Tags:

  2. Scott

[...]

  3. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

  4. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    Scott wrote:
    > Greetings one and all: My wife and I recently returned from a 500 mi. Mojave desert trike tour. I
    > won't go into detail now. I hope to have a full narrative up on crazyguyonabike.com when it's up
    > and running again. Suffice it to say that it was quite challenging. <snip>
    > http://community.webshots.com/user/getbent100
    >
    > Keep on riding...
    >
    > Scott Greenspeed Tandem and Halu-Wahoo!-zak

    It's hard to believe that this country is so vast as to encompass something like the green hills
    and farmlands where I live and the vast, arid open spaces in your gorgeous pictures. Great shots.
    And did you weigh your loaded trike?

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  5. Mlb