Phrases That Will Never Be Used On This Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crankyfeet said:
So Heiny, did you short the stock market or bond markets mid-2005 when you first called this crisis? How have you managed to keep up with the margin calls? You are like the guy who has predicted 11 of the last two recessions. Yes - markets follow boom-bust cycles. The challenge is in the timing. I have enough experience in the financial markets to pin you straight away as a guy who just loves to show off to people that they are right. Those guys never made much money cause their ego was the most important thing and they financially died when they were wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your posts when they're informative. Just please don't start the chest-beating when you think you were right. You're chance of being right eventually from when you made the call (as you say) in 2005 was close to 100%. Just as if the stock market is careering upwards and I declare that there is going to be a bear market within a few years, I've probably got a 95% chance of being proved right. I just would have trouble making any money out of that prediction.
LOL! Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

дом = Russian word for House
Maison = French word for House
Huis = Dutch word for House

To No Positives:

Jan and Ivan never tested positive! Andrew Johns (Rugby league player...had some talent) never tested positive for ecstasy and he admitted he used it since he was 19-21!

This NO positive argument is BS seeing as though a lot of the PED's are nearly undetectable anyway!

Bjarne Riis is obviously clean using your logic.

I am not saying lance is a cheat just that your argument is uneducated. Change your name plz!

Hein-Verbruggen said:
When T-Bills (90 day risk free US paper) yields plummetted 75 basis points inside 150 trading minutes last week----that my firends is a capital markets message.

Wholesale Panic! Steroids, months of fed rate cuts and antibiotoics are on the way, despite any cover stories who may have read.

You were warned---yet again.

Jan Ulrich lacked a Nike sneaker contract, otherwise he would have won the 2006 & 2007 TDF.

Peace
Dude... yields plummeting is a bullish indicator. Less pressure on interest rates. Low yields equals less risk. Now if T-Bill yields went up 75 bp's, that would be a little worrying.

Sure there's some knee jerk flow into safety. But if the flows weren't going into T-bills then that would indicate people had totally lost confidence in the dollar, a far more bearish scenario aka 1987.

However the one big threat in the US econony is property valuations. Take 30% off the valuations of single family homes and you'd have half the country technically bankrupt. The rest of the world have gone through 50% declines before (eg. Japan and Australia late 80's, Hong Kong late 90's). I'm just not sure its going to happen to that extent, unless interest rates go spiralling up and the Fed loses the ability to supply the short term money by lowering the Fed Funds Rate.

The markets have been remarkably resilient, and a lot of bad news is already out.

Guess again rookie.

You have to go back to 1980 and a prime lending a of 21% to find anything close to this global mentdown of confidence.

These are Major Money Managers panicing---not Bob retail.

Property valuation are the SECONDARY crisis----credit evaporating being the PRIMARY economic threat.

That is why rates will fall as fake money is pumped into the banking systems.

Dude needs a history lession.

Crankyfeet said:
Dude... yields plummeting is a bullish indicator. Less pressure on interest rates. Low yields equals less risk. Now if T-Bill yields went up 75 bp's, that would be a little worrying.

Sure there's some knee jerk flow into safety. But if the flows weren't going into T-bills then that would indicate people had totally lost confidence in the dollar, a far more bearish scenario aka 1987.

However the one big threat in the US econony is property valuations. Take 30% off the valuations of single family homes and you'd have half the country technically bankrupt. The rest of the world have gone through 50% declines before (eg. Japan and Australia late 80's, Hong Kong late 90's). I'm just not sure its going to happen to that extent, unless interest rates go spiralling up and the Fed loses the ability to supply the short term money by lowering the Fed Funds Rate.

The markets have been remarkably resilient, and a lot of bad news is already out.

Hein-Verbruggen said:
Guess again rookie.

You have to go back to 1980 and a prime lending a of 21% to find anything close to this global mentdown of confidence.

These are Major Money Managers panicing---not Bob retail.

Property valuation are the SECONDARY crisis----credit evaporating being the PRIMARY economic threat.

That is why rates will fall as fake money is pumped into the banking systems.

Dude needs a history lession.
WTF are you talking about "major money managers". Dude... if you put 100 "major money managers" in a room, you wouldn't get three original opinions out of them collectively. Money managers panic all the time. Have you ever experienced an economic meltdown in confidence??? Now that is much rarer, but it ain't happened yet. Its usually coincident with stockmarkets reacting with more than a 5% slide. And you think that today's interest rate environment is anything like the environment in the early eighties. Please.

And in case you haven't followed things closely, it was the failure of the average Joe Blow to pay off his jumbo loan that started this mess. The effect of a cross the board crisis in confidence due to a property asset depreciation is the major threat here dude. Just do the math. The US economy has weathered the October 87 mini crash, Junk bond debacle, S&L crisis, Iraq war, hedge fund collapse, you name it but when was the last time half of America had to foreclose or sit on a house that is valued less than what they owe?

The "major money manager" (not just your ordinary money manager...hee..hee) crisis **** has already hit the fan. Margin calls need to be met immediately. They don't have debt collectors taking months to pressure you into repaying debts.

Frankly the more you talk, the shallower your prognostications are revealed to be. You should stick with your normal MO of not replying to sticky provocation and communicating in three word sentences. It misleads more effectively and stands up better to scrutiny.

Hein-Verbruggen said:
Oh and BTW Heiny-Ferfuggen, if you filled your butt with financial assets in 1980 you would be laughing in money now cause you would have bought the low that began a 20 year bull market in stocks and bonds.

When others are panicking, that's when you should buy...Dude. Do a history lesson Heiny. Panic=opportunity. But the fact you are calling doom and gloom here already paints you as the guy who has never profited in the market and only cynically hopes that financial meltdown will at least bring the others that have profited back to your level of unsuccess.

Hein-Verbruggen said:
We are in a global credit crisis of historical proportions.
Yeah that took rocket science to work out.

It's like predicting a weight problem with more and more people being over weight.
:rolleyes:

Hein-Verbruggen said:
And as a sage----always accurate 24/7.
In your dreams Ego Fluff. So when you shorted the market in 2005, you are now sitting on a 300 point loss on the S&P. What you gonna do now. Ride it down to where you started and break even, or close out now. Which one is it Heiny. You're the 24/7 sage sitting on the 300 point loss (Oh you were right, the markets just haven't recognized it yet, have they?). That's $150,000 per contract in the red. And you think you were right???

Crankyfeet said:
"I used to believe Lance when he said he was clean. But now when I see the evidence that insightful members of this forum have brought to light, it is obvious to me, and anyone else I presume with a cursory knowledge of cycling and a high school education, that he is a liar."

This actually pretty well sums up my experience.

Heiny-FerFuggen.... please tell me you have shorted the financial markets, and also sold property too that would be a blessing. I was 50/50 on this mini-crisis being a predicator of more liquidation or a buying opportunity, but if I know that ego-filled, selfly proclaimed "infallible" idiots like you are short the markets that would be the best buy indicator I could imagine, now that I know who you are.

But if you aren't short the markets, then please tell me, cause you might be luckily right (after all - if it is random you'd have 50% chance). But just not make a dime out of markets going further down cause you have no positions.

Please tell me your short. Please.

Sanity breaks out on CF shocker.
Actually, this is all very encouraging. All converts welcome!

tcklyde said:
This actually pretty well sums up my experience.

No_Positives said:
Hyperbole and opinion means nothing. Facts do. Seven wins. No positives.
Fact. Lance Armstrong has tested positive on seven occassions. Six times for EPO when they retested his 1999 samples and once for a steroid during the Tour. It's on the public record. So shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.