pic of brakes on your kh24?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by zippy, Apr 11, 2006.

  1. zippy

    zippy Guest

    Tags:

  2. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47967 im pretty sure
    that this thread has what your looking for.

    -Phil

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !
    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

    koebwil wrote:
    > I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
    > letters I don't want

    *JONNY IS MY HERO!*

  3. pdc

    pdc Guest

    pic

    |Filename: Muni Brake.JPG |

    pdc

    "What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
    mother"
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  4. zippy

    zippy Guest

  5. pdc

    pdc Guest

  6. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    pdc, just put maguras on my KH24, im having problems with adjustment,
    either they're so close that i get wheel rub just mounting or cornering
    hard, or they're so far away i have to pull the lever right up before i
    actually get any braking. How are yours set? Did you ever get the wheel
    re-trued after ridng initially? I'm wondering if now ive bedded the
    wheel in it flexes more than normal because it hasn't been re-trued.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  7. freddy

    freddy Guest

  8. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    The 'noodles' as i believe they were called are small protrusions to
    help with grip during one foot tricks. I believe they're being replaced
    by a knurled crown surface in ther next generation of frames.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  9. Probailer2

    Probailer2 Guest

    forget_your_life wrote:
    > those a lanyard loops, you can put your house keys or even attach a
    > pocket knife to them. pretty cool eh?

    Haha funny but I think I will try that later this day.

    --
    Probailer2

    Originally Posted by john_childs
    Mmmmm... Sexy welds.
    Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034

  10. pdc

    pdc Guest

    kington99 wrote:
    > pdc, just put maguras on my KH24, im having problems with adjustment,
    > either they're so close that i get wheel rub just mounting or cornering
    > hard, or they're so far away i have to pull the lever right up before i
    > actually get any braking. How are yours set? Did you ever get the wheel
    > re-trued after ridng initially? I'm wondering if now ive bedded the
    > wheel in it flexes more than normal because it hasn't been re-trued.

    My wheel was pretty true out of the box and has stayed so. It was
    however out of round. When it gets out of true I will rework it and get
    right. The factory wheel builds are less than great. I haven't had any
    problems with rub under any conditions. You probably need your wheel
    trued and retensioned.

    --
    pdc

    "What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
    mother"
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  11. zippy

    zippy Guest

  12. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    Do you have the black resin rings that go betwen the slave cylinders and
    the clamps in place? If not the cylinders will hang loosely in the
    mounts.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  13. zippy

    zippy Guest

  14. GhettoSmurf

    GhettoSmurf Guest

    get steal braded hoses. i made the mistake of going cheep and the
    cross-over would barely clear a 3.0 plus it sprung a leek.

    if you gunna git er dun git er dun rite

    --
    GhettoSmurf

    formarly unicyclistben
    GhettoSmurf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11929

  15. GhettoSmurf

    GhettoSmurf Guest

  16. shabby

    shabby Guest

    Shimano full hydraulic disks with 8" rotor. I had to use an 8" rotor so
    that the caliper body would clear the spokes. A single piston would
    have solved that problem but I did not like any that were on the market
    at the time. I use a normal brake lever mounted sideways with a little
    modification and activate it with my thumb.

    Shabby.

    |Filename: muni3.jpg |

    shabby
    shabby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/865

  17. Eddbmxdude

    Eddbmxdude Guest

    Shaweeet! How well does that disc work?

    Rock on!
    Edd

    --
    Eddbmxdude

    Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

    "May you tread lightly through the dark time of the day and may your
    nose stay chunk-free." - Mrboogiejuice

    "Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
    Unisteve
    Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

  18. shabby

    shabby Guest

    It works great. The problem is I do not really need it in my everyday
    riding, I just wanted to make it. As a result, I don't get the chance
    to practice using it as much as I would.

    --
    shabby
    shabby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/865

  19. unicyclepa