pic of brakes on your kh24?

A brake on th KH24 is very useful, it allows you to go so much faster
for less effort down hill, I use mine for pretty much every hill i come
to now.

shabby, any details about how you modified the hub? Presumably to fit
in the standard KH frame you has to narrow the distance between the
flanges, or is the hub normal width and the frame wider?

--
kington99

Dave

zippy wrote:
> i got some of them brakes but they don't bite hold with the clamps, i
> doing sommat wrong?

i'm not exactly sure what you are asking. Your slave cylanders are
sliding around on the mounts? or the breaks aren't powerfull enough?

when you set up your slaves, you have to have split end of the rubber
grommet rotated to be even with the split in the mounts. you want to
adjust the pad wear dial all the way out, then set them up close, and
square to the rim with an even distance on each side. once you tighten
all the down, use the pad wear dial to fine tune the pad distance.

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

I will try and post some more detailed pics this weekend. I am at work
and cannot spend alot of time on it now. I simply made a ring with 12
holes in it. Six holes secure it to the hub which only modification was
drilling and tapping 6 holes in it and the other 6 are for the rotor. I
made new bearing holders that completely hold the bearings on the sides
and shimmed out the bearings a little. The bearings are actually not
100% on the bearing support of the axle. The bearing holders help
maintain alignment and add strength to the whole assembly.

I hope this helps for now. Shabby.

--
shabby
shabby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/865