pic of brakes on your kh24?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by zippy, Apr 11, 2006.

  1. flyer

    flyer Guest

  2. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    A brake on th KH24 is very useful, it allows you to go so much faster
    for less effort down hill, I use mine for pretty much every hill i come
    to now.

    shabby, any details about how you modified the hub? Presumably to fit
    in the standard KH frame you has to narrow the distance between the
    flanges, or is the hub normal width and the frame wider?

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  3. onetrack

    onetrack Guest

    zippy wrote:
    > i got some of them brakes but they don't bite hold with the clamps, i
    > doing sommat wrong?

    i'm not exactly sure what you are asking. Your slave cylanders are
    sliding around on the mounts? or the breaks aren't powerfull enough?

    when you set up your slaves, you have to have split end of the rubber
    grommet rotated to be even with the split in the mounts. you want to
    adjust the pad wear dial all the way out, then set them up close, and
    square to the rim with an even distance on each side. once you tighten
    all the down, use the pad wear dial to fine tune the pad distance.

    --
    onetrack

    "People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
    lines."
    -Klaas Bil
    onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

  4. shabby

    shabby Guest

    I will try and post some more detailed pics this weekend. I am at work
    and cannot spend alot of time on it now. I simply made a ring with 12
    holes in it. Six holes secure it to the hub which only modification was
    drilling and tapping 6 holes in it and the other 6 are for the rotor. I
    made new bearing holders that completely hold the bearings on the sides
    and shimmed out the bearings a little. The bearings are actually not
    100% on the bearing support of the axle. The bearing holders help
    maintain alignment and add strength to the whole assembly.

    I hope this helps for now. Shabby.

    --
    shabby
    shabby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/865