pic of V2 with iced up fairing

My sympathies! If you'd had goggles, would they have iced up too?

C.C.

> From: [email protected] (Bill B) Organization: http://groups.google.com/ Newsgroups:
> alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent Date: 9 Feb 2003 12:21:25 -0800 Subject: pic of V2 with iced up fairing
>
> started snowing and sleeting while I was about 10 miles out on my Sun morning ride. no goggles or
> face shield makes for a painful and poor visibility ride.TEMP was about 27. pic of me and the iced
> up V2 can be seen at http://community.webshots.com/album/37260786AMjOnM
>
> last two pictures

You're a better man than I. It's grey and drizzlely and I didn't ride because of that today.

--
Miles of Smiles,

Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone

www.gate.net/~teblum

Grey, drizzly and 50-ish here in Gainesville. That's hunker-down-inside weather for us ex-Yankees.

--
Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Tom Blum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You're a better man than I. It's grey and drizzlely and I didn't ride because of that today.
>

> --
> Miles of Smiles,
>
> Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone
>
> www.gate.net/~teblum

Gosh, we just got back from a ride. It was almost cold enough for us to put on shoes. The sandals
worked fine though.

The California coast doesn't suck.
--
Bill "Pop Pop" Patterson Retired and riding my Linear, my front drive low racer and our M5 tandem.

WOW! Another use for a fairing - snow catcher / deflector device... Happy (CHILLIN) Trails there
Bill! At present, South Fl. is (Happily) missing all that COLD, stuff!!! EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach,
Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> started snowing and sleeting while I was about 10 miles out on my Sun morning ride. no goggles or
> face shield makes for a painful and poor visibility ride.TEMP was about 27. pic of me and the iced
> up V2 can be seen at http://community.webshots.com/album/37260786AMjOnM
>
> last two pictures

Yeah, cold-weather riding on a bent really makes you appreciate the phrase "wind-chill": the reason
I ultimately got a full-face helmet, in fact.

The fairing in front seems to make it colder, too, as the wind whistles past and hits you about in
the middle of the forehead. Don't you find it a bit slippy in the slush/snow? My swb S&B is really
tippy, to the point that when there's snow, I revert to the icebike (mountainbike w/studded tires).
Cheers, & safe riding,

news:[email protected]...