Picked Up My Cervelo Soloist Carbon

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by deckard, Apr 7, 2006.

1. deckard

deckard New Member

Finally picked up this rocket and I love it. I was able to sell a bike sooner than anticipated and some bike parts so I ended getting the carbon Soloist instead of the ALUM. Beautiful frame.:D

Tags:

2. JTE83

JTE83 Member

Is this a custom build from a frame and fork set? How much did you pay for the frame and fork? What's the total cost? What's the size and weight?

I already have 5 road bikes and I quit racing. My AL Soloist 04 serves me fine. I'd love to have the CF Soloist but it's too expensive for me. My 2 most expensive bikes are $3800 each (about).

3. yamaha_mike

yamaha_mike New Member

it's taking me a while to get used to the looks but looking at her now i just want to jump on and put down some miles.

have you ridden much yet? how is it compared to the TCR?

4. wrbush31

wrbush31 New Member

I think this bike has to be one of the coolest looking bikes out there. Seeing it in pictures doesn't do it justice, they are awesome in person. Not that looks mean everything, but whatever, it's a cool looking bike.

5. AmpedCycle

AmpedCycle New Member

I can dig it. congrats!

6. PartisanRanger

PartisanRanger New Member

A friend on my cycling team just got one of his own, same color too. It seems like a great ride and looks awesome up close.

7. deckard

deckard New Member

It is a build from frame and fork with the same set up (ultegra) as on the Cervelo site except I upgraded the wheels to Mavic Kysrium SLs and have a tri seat (easy change out) and aero bars. Went with the Time carbon pedals. Frame size is 54, weight about 16.3lbs. w/pedals (approximate, I do not have a bike scale) total cost with Ca. tax (8.75) and the wheel upgrade/pedals was $5609.00. They knocked off some money on the frame and alot on the wheels.

I had a good 2 weeks on E-bay selling old statues and bike equipment for some extra cash.:D

8. ChangMan

ChangMan New Member

That is one sweet ride!