Picked up my new Trek 1400 today.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Lenny Nelson, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. Lenny Nelson

    Lenny Nelson Guest

    Picked up my brand new 2004 Trek 1400 today, and so far I love it.
    Went for a short 50km ride, and loved its handling, and acceleration.
    The Shimano 105's are great.
    I came from a Giant.
    Anyhow its 5:30Am , cold, but I'm going riding now on my new Trek , CYA

    Lenny

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    nothin like a new bike!

    except maybe a sordid office romance, er, um, nothing to see here people! move along...

  3. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    How far is a 'long' 50k ride? :)

    Oh gosh.. Friday.. Captain Sarcasm has arrived...

    Good to hear you are happy with your new wheels! It makes getting
    out and riding that much nicer with a shiny new bike to pedal.. Enjoy
    that new machine!!

    hippy

  4. Walrus

    Walrus New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2004
    I like the 1400. A mate has one, and it's a nice package. Congrats and have fun.

  5. gravelmuncher

    gravelmuncher New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2003
    I've had my 1400 for about 12 months now. I've put about 5000k on it, a few scratches and some funky Look pedals. I've had it serviced once, wheels tweaked twice and done nothing else but smile at it. The saddle sux though.

    good time - have one

    ~j~

  6. Bow

    Bow Guest

    Does it have that "new bike smell" and plastic on the seat?
    Grab a posty uniform, rip off your left nut and ride like there's no
    tomorrow!

    Bow

    "Lenny Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Picked up my brand new 2004 Trek 1400 today, and so far I love it.
    > Went for a short 50km ride, and loved its handling, and acceleration.
    > The Shimano 105's are great.
    > I came from a Giant.
    > Anyhow its 5:30Am , cold, but I'm going riding now on my new Trek , CYA
    >
    > Lenny

  7. Yuri Budilov

    Yuri Budilov Guest

    I am just curious - have you also looked at Trek 1500 as compared to Trek
    1400 and if so - what is the difference beyond the group set (105 versus
    Ultegra)? Not worth extra $300-$400? I am also looking at Trek 1400 or 1500
    for "next" bike in 2005 sometime.....

    I notice that in USA they do not sell Trek 1400 model but they do sell Trek
    1500 in USA and here. Must be local market conditions, I guess....

    "Lenny Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Picked up my brand new 2004 Trek 1400 today, and so far I love it.
    > Went for a short 50km ride, and loved its handling, and acceleration.
    > The Shimano 105's are great.
    > I came from a Giant.
    > Anyhow its 5:30Am , cold, but I'm going riding now on my new Trek , CYA
    >
    > Lenny

  8. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "Yuri Budilov" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I am just curious - have you also looked at Trek 1500 as compared to
    > Trek 1400 and if so - what is the difference beyond the group set
    > (105 versus Ultegra)? Not worth extra $300-$400? I am also looking at
    > Trek 1400 or 1500 for "next" bike in 2005 sometime.....
    >
    > I notice that in USA they do not sell Trek 1400 model but they do
    > sell Trek 1500 in USA and here. Must be local market conditions, I
    > guess....

    Please don't top-post.

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  9. I payed $1,899.00 for my Trek 1400, most places have it for $1999, about
    $400 of the price, but there are not many left in stock.
    I wanted the blue one, but no size in stock for me, so I got a silver one,
    which was a 1500 frame, but with the 105 groupset.

    I love this bike so much.
    I think the 2005 models will be out later this year, but they will probably
    be more expensive.

    Cheers,
    "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Yuri Budilov" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I am just curious - have you also looked at Trek 1500 as compared to
    > > Trek 1400 and if so - what is the difference beyond the group set
    > > (105 versus Ultegra)? Not worth extra $300-$400? I am also looking at
    > > Trek 1400 or 1500 for "next" bike in 2005 sometime.....
    > >
    > > I notice that in USA they do not sell Trek 1400 model but they do
    > > sell Trek 1500 in USA and here. Must be local market conditions, I
    > > guess....

    > Please don't top-post.
    >
    > --
    >
    > A: Top-posters.
    > Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  10. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "Robbie Hewson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I payed $1,899.00 for my Trek 1400, most places have it for $1999,
    > about $400 of the price, but there are not many left in stock.
    > I wanted the blue one, but no size in stock for me, so I got a silver
    > one, which was a 1500 frame, but with the 105 groupset.
    >
    > I love this bike so much.
    > I think the 2005 models will be out later this year, but they will
    > probably be more expensive.

    Please don't top-post.

    --

    A: Top-posters.