Picks for Tirreno-Adriatico

Dekker had a great win in 2006.

But I'm going to back, Oscar Freire, the 2005 champion - should he ride Adriatico.

cyclingheroes said:
I will say it to Michael!
I'm sure he'll be surprised to hear some guy from over here follows cycling on this level (non TDF or Giro) and picking him for victory.
Thanks CH!

Andrija said:
I'm sure he'll be surprised that some guy from over here follows cycling on this level (non TDF or Giro) and picking him for victory.
Thanks CH!
My pleasure! Michael is real nice guy and a great sportsman.

Depends on what happens to the crucial climbing stage. It was cancelled last year so Dekker, a good TTist but perhaps not a great climber, won. If it's not cancelled this year then a good climber with a strong team could take the win, especially as the TT isn't flat this year and isn't that long.

I've been doing my research and there's lots of talent out there, but I'm going with a dark horse.

I'm going with Alexander Areekev.

Beached - that was a good bet.
Today Kloden took over the leaders jersey (after stage 6) and he's got Vino for company after a very tough climbing stage.

Kim Kirchen of TM looks to be the only threat to Astana.

limerickman said:
Beached - that was a good bet.
Today Kloden took over the leaders jersey (after stage 6) and he's got Vino for company after a very tough climbing stage.

Kim Kirchen of TM looks to be the only threat to Astana.
I ordered the Riesling.

By the way Dekker lost more than 10 minutes today, he is ill (fever). Like many of the riders (Zabel abandonedbecause he has a cold).

cyclingheroes said:
I ordered the Riesling.

By the way Dekker lost more than 10 minutes today, he is ill (fever). Like many of the riders (Zabel abandonedbecause he has a cold).

Yeah, it's looks like celebration time.
Kloden and Vino just stayed in the breakaway today.

Todays stage had a tough ending - good win for the neopro Matteo Bono.
I saw Freire featuring a bit - and Dekker was momentarily in the frame as well.
Fair dues to Bettini finishing as well.

Your man Boogerd was prominent too.

limerickman said:
Yeah, it's looks like celebration time.
Kloden and Vino just stayed in the breakaway today.

Todays stage had a tough ending - good win for the neopro Ricco.
I saw Freire featuring a bit - and Dekker was momentarily in the frame as well.
Fair dues to Bettini finishing as well.

Your man Boogerd was prominent too.
Yeah Boogie even did a great ITT yesterday (and ITT's are not exactly his thing..)

Kloden did make it in the end.

Interesting stage - stage 7.
It came down to a bunch sprint - with several of the leading sprinters taking their eye off the ball.
Hushovd, O'Grady were pressing for the line - but they completely missed out on Fernandez of Euskatel who was in the final sprint as well.

McEwen was very quiet today - as was AleJet.

Good win for Kloden..

Roll on MSR.

limerickman said:
Kloden did make it in the end.

Interesting stage - stage 7.
It came down to a bunch sprint - with several of the leading sprinters taking their eye off the ball.
Hushovd, O'Grady were pressing for the line - but they completely missed out on Fernandez of Euskatel who was in the final sprint as well.

McEwen was very quiet today - as was AleJet.

Good win for Kloden..

Roll on MSR.
Yes Petacchi's lead out train was a complete shambles. Doesn't look good for him for Saturday. He didnt even contest the sprint in the end. Very strange.

Get the feeling that MSR could be won by a slight outsider. Bettini, Petacchi, Boonen not really firing on all cylinders. Might give Freire a chance. I think he's even aiming for a good show there considering his climbing on stage 6 in Tirr-Adr.