Pics From World Track Championships

EL34

Mar 12, 2005
I used to think that these photosharing sites like Flickr are mostly a bunch of **** like pictures of dog's noses up in the camera. Well they are. But sometimes some really cool stuff shows up on them like pictures taken in the last 24 hours from the Track World's out in LA. Here's a link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonr/sets/184053/

:) I am going to the Track today (Sunday) for the finals and I find this site very informative. I will be taking some PICs and if things go right I will give a link.

EL34 said:
I used to think that these photosharing sites like Flickr are mostly a bunch of **** like pictures of dog's noses up in the camera. Well they are. But sometimes some really cool stuff shows up on them like pictures taken in the last 24 hours from the Track World's out in LA. Here's a link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonr/sets/184053/

Well, I went to the Worlds and they were great. The track is really first class and the compitition was super. Only one thing that really got me ******. They would not let any cameras with an interchangable lense over 3 1/2 inches be used. Also no flash. Wow, I got really terrible PICs. All the pro photo guys had all the good shots but the best the public could get was poor snapshots. I guess its all about $$$.

pepcjim said:
Well, I went to the Worlds and they were great. The track is really first class and the compitition was super. Only one thing that really got me ******. They would not let any cameras with an interchangable lense over 3 1/2 inches be used. Also no flash. Wow, I got really terrible PICs. All the pro photo guys had all the good shots but the best the public could get was poor snapshots. I guess its all about $$$.
Quite frankly all the amateur photographers who went to the railing and blocked my view and blinded me with their flashes ****** me off more. None of the pros who went to the same locations did this.

Woofer said:
Quite frankly all the amateur photographers who went to the railing and blocked my view and blinded me with their flashes ****** me off more. None of the pros who went to the same locations did this.
I agree that photographers that block someones view are quite rude and I had no intention of doing this but from my seat I could have taken great PICs without bothering anyone. The flash that I wanted to use is effective to about 50 ft when used correctly and would not have been any worse than the guys shooting pro. they were shooting towards the crowd on plenty of shots and I never noticed anything annoying about it. I feel that my PICs (even thought not used for profit) are shown to very many folks that can be turned on to track racing and become and may become a fan.

Woofer said:
Buy front row tix.

taras0000 said:
Buy front row tix.
I did have front row tickets. The layout of the seats is such that no one's view is blocked by another spectator who is seated with their butt in the chair. However there is space in front of the many of the seats on the straightaways, in my case 2-3 feet and this went for many yards, for an inconsiderate lout to get in there. Also, even on the front row, an inconsiderate lout can get in the aisle and stand there at the railing.

Woofer said:
I did have front row tickets. The layout of the seats is such that no one's view is blocked by another spectator who is seated with their butt in the chair. However there is space in front of the many of the seats on the straightaways, in my case 2-3 feet and this went for many yards, for an inconsiderate lout to get in there. Also, even on the front row, an inconsiderate lout can get in the aisle and stand there at the railing.
sounds like they need to have better security/ushers in the building. stuff like that never goes unattended at hockey games or other sporting venues

taras0000 said:
sounds like they need to have better security/ushers in the building. stuff like that never goes unattended at hockey games or other sporting venues
They sold popcorn and I almost had to intervene to stop some unsupervised children from dropping kernels on the track. I yelled at them a few times until finally some people who were ushers / I assume big brothers came down and sat with them.