pics of you wearing KH Pulse Gloves

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by saam, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. saam

    saam Guest

    hi i am thinking about buying a pair of pulse gloves. but in the picture
    (below) they look like they a huge gloves for skiiing. is it just the
    picture, if you have a picture of yourself wearing your pulses and
    riding can your be so kind to post the pic.

    | Attachment filename: sakhgl.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/335375|

    saam - One Wheel Short of a Bike

    Life is only as fun as you make it

    [email protected] (add me)
    saam's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9168

  2. fcwegnm0b

    fcwegnm0b Guest

    They are like ski gloves - huge. I'd recommend a pair of Harbinger's.
    They offer the same protection, have open fingers, and are cheaper.

    Dave

    --
    fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

    "So the nurse was telling me about what you did to your ankle... and I
    all got was 'unicycle', 'mountain', and 'filming'"
    fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357

  3. saam

    saam Guest

  4. onebyone

    onebyone Guest

    I have in fact just started using my KH for skiing. They are great. They
    are still more like a cross country or bike glove rather than a full
    downhill type. They would definitely be to hot for unicycling in
    Australias Summer.

    I usually have access to KH Gloves in Australia

    Cheers

    --
    onebyone

    Bill Blogs is an alian!
    www.municycle.com.au
    onebyone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10014

  5. JamesH

    JamesH Guest

    fcwegnm0b wrote:
    > *have open fingers *

    I'm sure it depends what type of riding you do, where you do it, etc.
    But I would think this would be a turn off, not a bonus. Full fingered
    gloves help when holding the handle or seat (for sif), not to mention
    the added protection.

    I can't say enough good things about my KH gloves.

    --
    JamesH - Back into the swing of things
    JamesH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4438

  6. Fuego

    Fuego Guest

    the harbingers have half fingers. they're long enough to eliminate rub
    on the seat handle, but still open for dexterity or cooling or whatever.
    Plus, the back panel where you're not going to hurt yourself is a kind
    of stretchy mesh.

    --
    Fuego - A Cult of Unicyclists

    If u could've aborted president bush using medicinal marijuana grown by
    a gay guy with a feeding-tube who was on death row, wade u?
    -GILD

    "Get off my Property before you sue me!"
    -Morons everywhere.

    'OneWheelNinjaSquad' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/OneWheelNinjaSquad)
    Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

  7. Phuni

    Phuni Guest

    I used to use the Harbingers but have switched to the KH gloves instead.
    Even in hot weather, they are not TOO hot and the added protection for
    the top halves of your fingers is worth it. Buy the KH gloves.

    --
    Phuni - music / unicycling
    Phuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5264

  8. mgrant

    mgrant Guest

    saam wrote:
    > *hi i am thinking about buying a pair of pulse gloves. but in the
    > picture (below) they look like they a huge gloves for skiiing. is it
    > just the picture, if you have a picture of yourself wearing your
    > pulses and riding can your be so kind to post the pic. *

    I'm not exactly riding but...

    | Attachment filename: pulse.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/335722|

    mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
    breath, and one day closer to death.
    michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
    Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
    mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

  9. dubmuni2004

    dubmuni2004 Guest

    Mine already have holes in them, they are barely used, and never have
    encountered a crashtest. They would be great winter gloves- super warm.
    They feel like boxing gloves but you feel so confident in them. Nice
    gloves, look hardcore, but still get holes. But I still think it was a
    good purchase.

    --
    dubmuni2004 - rusty spoons

    blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

    [email protected]

    AIM: IhaveAsuckySN
    dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837

  10. fcwegnm0b

    fcwegnm0b Guest

    JamesH wrote:
    > *I'm sure it depends what type of riding you do, where you do it, etc.
    > But I would think this would be a turn off, not a bonus. Full
    > fingered gloves help when holding the handle or seat (for sif), not to
    > mention the added protection*

    I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I think the open fingers
    allow a better grip on the seat for seat it front, and on the handle.

    Dave

    --
    fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

    "So the nurse was telling me about what you did to your ankle... and I
    all got was 'unicycle', 'mountain', and 'filming'"
    fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357

  11. KcTheAcy

    KcTheAcy Guest

    I like mine, I have crashed in them on my coker and with the foam
    padding and wrist splints your hands don't get hurt at all, when I wear
    them my hands feel hot, but they never actually sweat. With my old full
    fingered bike gloves my hands would sweat like crazy. My only complaint
    is that one of the fingertips ripped open but it doesn’t really affect
    their performance in any way. Also, after wearing them for a while they
    dont seem so big. I'll have a video of me doing some Muni in them some
    time this month.

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    ¤-Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

  12. saam

    saam Guest

  13. onebyone

    onebyone Guest

  14. onebyone

    onebyone Guest

    my attched images

    | Attachment filename: kh gloves 006.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/336251|

    onebyone

    Bill Blogs is an alian!
    www.municycle.com.au
    onebyone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10014

  15. onebyone

    onebyone Guest

    another image

    | Attachment filename: kh gloves 005.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/336253|

    onebyone

    Bill Blogs is an alian!
    www.municycle.com.au
    onebyone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10014

  16. tomblackwood

    tomblackwood Guest

    I would not characterize them as "ski gloves", at least not the kind of
    ski gloves you wear if you grew up skiing in upstate New York, Vermont,
    and eastern Canada. They're basically standard bike gloves but with
    fingers and wrap-around wrist support.

    Yeah they're hot, but over time you get used to that. I wasn't sure I
    would, but I own both KH Pulse and the Harbingers, and unless I'm going
    to be taking a bunch of pictures (where half-fingers are easier) I go
    with the KH, even when it's hot. Why? They feel better on the handle.
    The Harbingers have the metal plate across the palm, which is great when
    you REALLY need it, but in the way for general riding. Since my riding
    to UPD ratio is increasing daily, I don't want to build my glove
    strategy around a decreasing chance of wipeout.

    In June I rode 190 miles on my GB4 36", and all but 20 were with the KH
    Pulse. In the event of UPD, I'm much more concerned about wrist
    protection than palm protection.

    KH: if economics allow you to do a "Rev 2" on the gloves, please
    consider an identical setup but with standard bike glove "half fingers".
    Bike gloves combined with wrist protection...that's the thing (in this
    rank amie's opinion).

    --
    tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

    Tailgate at your own risk.....