Pictures of your Commuter!

wacowacko

Oct 25, 2010
heres my 2010 GT TRAFFIC 4.0 with 700x35 Schwalbe road crusiers tires,i will be adding fenders before the nasty winter rides, Topeak trunk with fold-out side panniers, i also find the touring handlebars are very comfortable on long hauls, i have been commuting going on five years now , and i thought i deserved a newer car ,i mean bike/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Reactions: steve
Nice ride....I guess my ebay knockoff Nishiki Alien frame bike with rigid fork, fat comfort tires & v brakes would be my commuterest bike. Needs a rack and trunk tho...and some pics. Happy commuting.

Reactions: steve
I ride one of these to work most days (weather permitting) and race on the weekends during summer.

My commuter during the school year. 2006 Scott Sportster P3 with broken (always locked) Suntour fork, Shimano Deore/Alivio componentry mix and Conti CityRide 700x37s.

When I have a real place to store a bike (not an outside bike rack) I commute on this, a 2010 Scott Speedster S30.

Anybody see a pattern?

very nice rides guys ! i retired this 1984 Nishiki mountain bike and bought the GT (first picture) a few months ago, i put many,many miles of riding it to work and a few camping trips on it with 26" wheels ! the old mountain bikes make great commuters, i transfered the bars,rack and trunk off of it onto the GT .
Picture272.jpg

SOMA Saga (2010 model). I carry my clothes, etc, in Ortlieb front panniers (not shown in pic). Bike weighs ~32# as pictured.

After starting to commute to work as a mature rider, I stumbled on to this:

This is my Commuter/Grocery Shopping ride. This project was started when I was given a Giant Cadex ALM1 frame by my daughter's friend. Although it is on the large size for me (based upon Sheldon Brown's frame size recommendations), It is kind of quirky looking and is overlooked by the local bike thieves. I swapped the original low geared MTB crank set for a taller version off of a Hybrid bike, I also tossed the original cantilever brakes in favor of the side-pull variety. I am still riding on the original Campagnolo wheels but I plan to rebuild them on slightly wider alloy rims.

Because of the chance of theft (my bike sits in a covered area bike rack for 8 to 10 hours at a time), I chose to use the fairly cheap twist grip MAX shifters and some no-name brake levers. In that same spirit I replaced the seat-post and seat post mounted rack's quick releases with stainless bolts and nuts. My one concession to quality was the use if one of my 40 year old French IDEALE leather saddles. I couldn't bear to mount the last old Brooks saddles that I have.

My newest cargo trailer is shown mounted on the bike, but that is another story. . .

Adios Daddo,
Daytona Beach, FL - USA

this one was sold off to get a newer commuter,the downtube shifters can be a pain in traffic/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by john gault .

Raleigh C500

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8260&d=1268584207

I just got a new computer and haven't had time to transfer all my pics, but the above link is my current bike. I have over 17,000 miles on it now.
Finally got my pics uploaded. I'm primarily a commuter, but love to also do long-distance bike trips. This is my primary form of transportation, has been since the late 80's.

D.C. to Florida trip -- 2005. Along either Skyline Drive or Blue Ridge Parkway.

Pic of her unloaded.

Nice looking commuters!! Mine is a 2011 GIANT Escape 2; so far I am really loving it!

After 10 years of using a Trek 7200 I recently changed to a Boardman Hybrid for commuting. I haved used the same Ortileb office panier for about 12 years - I often carry a laptop as well as clothes etc. This has never leaked a drop but is begining to look a bit worn - I might need to replace it in four or five years!
I have also recently changed to clipless pedals.

My 2010 Jamis Allegro 1.WTB pro gel seat,schwinn rear rack(Custom building supports so I can add panniers,will post pics when done in the next week)3M reflective tape front to back,Blackburn Mars 3.0 rear ligh w/custom made mount for DOT approved Orange reflectors(will post pic in next post),handlebar mirror,a 90 lumen coleman LED,and a 144 lumen coleman LED headlight.

Here is the rear end of my commuter(Also my cross training bike as I am a runner) A blackburn mars 3.0 blinkie,w/a custom mount for the DOT reflectors :) I am so proud of this thing as it surely has to add a giant level of visibilty to my bike,especially at night.It was made from 1/8 aluminum flat bar.

Originally Posted by irwin7638 .

Here is Byron, my city/commuter/grocery getter. He turned out to be a pretty classy ride after a lot of thought.

the story begins here:http://simplecycle-marc.blogspot.com/2011/02/me-and-mixte.html

Marc
Nice bike man! Just curious,where are you putting the groceries??? EDIT-I see the front rack now,couldnt tell by the pic hardly...Do you use a trailer or back pack also,or just the front rack?