Piggy Banks Banned In England

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
NOVELTY pig calendars and toys have been banned in parts of the U.K.
Councillor Mahbubur Rahman backed the ban. He said: “It’s a tolerance of people’s beliefs.”
Even a tissue box featuring Winnie the Pooh and Piglet are to be banned.
Another person commented:
"Other office workers should display Crosses, Crucifixes, the Star of David on their desks and office walls. After all, 'tolerance for the beliefs of others' is now a precedent."

My own comment: I used piggy banks as a kid to save up my pocket money. It's an old tradition nobody thought nothing of.
Clearly people in this country are seeing their freedoms go up in smoke. :confused:

Carrera said:
My own comment: I used piggy banks as a kid to save up my pocket money. It's an old tradition nobody thought nothing of.
Clearly people in this country are seeing their freedoms go up in smoke. :confused:

Hell, why not go all the way and ban PIGS? Why not eliminate them from the earth in a pig-jihad?

DiabloScott said:
Hell, why not go all the way and ban PIGS? Why not eliminate them from the earth in a pig-jihad?
I think you may well be on to something ;) I wonder if mountainpro's district would be affected. It is only in britain, right :confused:

Carrera said:
Councillor Mahbubur Rahman backed the ban. He said: “It’s a tolerance of people’s beliefs.”
"Other office workers should display Crosses, Crucifixes, the Star of David on their desks and office walls. After all, 'tolerance for the beliefs of others' is now a precedent."

Sounds like you've suckered for a classic Sun or Dail Mail publicity stunt.

Carrera said:
And I had a mechanical ' Jolly little ****er boy' to save my pennies.

Carrera said:
TOTAL RUBBISH. Will all posters please not respond to his ravings. He's clearly bonkers, and needs treatment.

Carrera said:

Odd - I always thought that it was eating pigs that some people find to be objectionable, not the existance of pigs themselves. What good is banning pig images?

Eden said:
Odd - I always thought that it was eating pigs that some people find to be objectionable, not the existance of pigs themselves. What good is banning pig images?
I didn't see much opposition from the sacred cow believers during the wholesale slaughter of them during BSE crisis.

as you all know very well, i am not much of a cusser, but this is bloody ridiculous...

bible removed from hotel, piggy banks banned.

muslims are not that sensitive, my friend from Lybia nearly died laughing yesterday when he saw it on the news...

come back bernard manning, all is forgiven...

Carrera said:

I agree with you, Mountain Pro. I seriously doubt the average moslem could give 2 hoots about piggy banks. It seems to me that certain people (usually white liberal fanatics) are trying to stir up racial division and making moslems feel awkward.
The natural reaction is people will blame moslems for the piggy bank ban.
There is the same load of nonsense going round about chalk-boards.
So, how come "blackboard" is offensive? What's wrong with black or being black? Why should Frank Bruno or Trevor Mcdonald feel so uncomfortable about being black that the term "blackboard" is offensive.
In their own way, these terms are racist, designed to make people feel guilty over their colour.
The thing is, when certain groups of moslems picket schools or theatres, I object and believe a strong line should be taken. But all this stuff about piggy banks is really immature and these people should be sacked outright for stirring up trouble.

MountainPro said:
as you all know very well, i am not much of a cusser, but this is bloody ridiculous...

bible removed from hotel, piggy banks banned.

muslims are not that sensitive, my friend from Lybia nearly died laughing yesterday when he saw it on the news...

come back bernard manning, all is forgiven...

"Race equality rules are being reviewed at Dudley Council after workers were told to remove toy pigs from desks because they offended a Muslim staff member.
Council leaders say they will not accept "extreme forms of political correctness". Last month staff in the council's benefits department were told to remove a series of toy pigs sent as a promotion, as well as pig imagery, from their desks.
It came after a complaint from a Muslim worker who said she was offended by the items - the Koran forbids Muslims from eating and touching pork.
Councillor Pat Martin told a full council meeting: "I fully support the actions by management to respond to the concerns from colleagues following established and approved procedures."

Don Shipp said:
Political correctness is mad. But a lot of these stories aren't true.

that's insane! total BS if you ask me.... How about the rights of the workers to have Piggie banks on their desks? And anyway i highly doubt a single muslim in the British Isles cares enough to ban piggies. It's probably some egocentric politicians just trying to look good.

Stupid political correctness... these days it's forbiden to say black outside of your home for fear of being branded a racist. Well i show the middle finger to todays society and declare it is my right to call anyone white, black, yellow or whatever. If they find it offencive they can always buy some paint and paint their @sses whatever colour they want! :mad:

The Scots hold the sacred Haggis in high esteem.

everyone who is not scottish should be banned from owning, breeding or eating them lest i be offended.

MountainPro said:
The Scots hold the sacred Haggis in high esteem.

everyone who is not scottish should be banned from owning, breeding or eating them lest i be offended.

We just got a "Anti-political correctness" cabinet minister........
thats his actual title....not pc to be pc anymore...LOL