Pimp my Power Blog

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by frenchyge, Oct 24, 2006.

1. scmtnboy

scmtnboy New Member

I have enjoyed reading other's blogs and decided to start my own. I have two questions.

1. How do people have the screenshots out of WKO?
    2. If I wanted to let others download my power files how can I post those on my blog?

I have enjoyed being able to see others riders files.

Thanks.

Nick

http://scmtnboy.blogspot.com/

2. mr_mojo

mr_mojo New Member

Not sure with a PC but it's pretty easy on a Mac w/Parallels...CMD-Shift-4. I think using screenshots is a good way to go. That way your readers don't have to have WKO+ (or even a PC) and you can just highlight the important parts of the graph.

To host powerfiles you can look at some of the free file storage sites and just link to them (your ISP probably allows you a specific FTP account but that's a bit more geeky)

http://sufferfest.blogspot.com

3. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

I simply take a screen shot using Alt-shift Prnt Scrn and paste it into MS paint to edit/add text comments then save it as a .jpg file.

How you upload to your blog depends on the blog editor you use.

4. NomadVW

NomadVW New Member

5. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

6. Piotr

Piotr New Member

:)! That's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote in my blog: "OK, enough of this enigmatic scribbling. This is how it really went down:"

;) :D

7. Steve_B

Steve_B New Member

You know, I understand to some extent. The ride is what you make it.

I stopped frequenting my local 10-mile TT a few years ago when I figured out that it was mostly just a numerical exercise; when you have a power meter, it takes a lot of the mystery out of your final time. Unless I want to try out a new pacing strategy, something new on my bike, a new position or the environmental conditions are favorable towards setting a new PR, I don't bother going. (I know that sounds jaded and elitist.)

At the same time, I really don't like thinking about it this way because it takes the fun out of it. :(

8. Ade Merckx

Ade Merckx New Member

Lots of cool Blogs and a great idea as a thread Frenchyge. And of course mine is below. See what ya think :)

9. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

It's no coincidence that sci-fi is a popular analogy.

I mean we are all members of the collective Borg aren't we? Now something tells me I didn't have to ask the question :)

BTW - keeping it on topic, I summarised some of my power training items in a recent post (although there's an index anyway for anyone interested) so you don't have to wade through stuff about socks...:D

Funky Things with a Power Meter #77

10. daveryanwyoming

daveryanwyoming Well-Known Member

I love it! That's a great blog frenchyge. It's how my PM finally helped me make peace with headwinds after a quarter of a century of riding. It's just an effort at xx watts, not harder, not miserable, I'm going slower but the effort is the same.....

-Dave

11. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

I've only gotten through the first couple of bloggs posted - but they're all a good read!

Alex's blog is just great - lots of fun stuff from before his accident and lots of interesting and dare I say it, inspirational stuff from afterwards. You rock dude. A damn fine sense of humour too!

12. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

Thanks.

"It's only a flesh wound.
    OK, we'll call it a draw...." :D

13. Porkyboy

Porkyboy New Member

Hi

Dunno if it's of any interest but the blog I'm keeping as I prepare to ride the route of the 2010 TdF is at the link in my signature below. I'm hoping it will be fun to re-read in my old(er) age ;)

PBUK

14. daveryanwyoming

daveryanwyoming Well-Known Member

Bump...

Frenchy, I'd forgotten all about this collection of blogs till you posted a link this morning. I'll bet the list has grown substantially over the last couple of years.

This really should be a sticky....

15. Asterix

Asterix New Member

16. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

It has lots of pictures, a PMC and FTP right up top on the right, and plenty of WKO+ screenshots.... who needs to read? :D Nice job and thanks for sharing.