Pinarello bikes?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Nick Burns, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    What is happening to Pinarello? They lost Telekom and Fassa and I assume that the new sponsor for
    Banesto may look elsewhere too. That has to hurt man, after great results for so many years and now
    they will be gone from the Div 1 peloton completely?

    I guess that happens but I always loved those bikes since Alexi won the Olympic RR in LA on that
    "Arco" Pinarello and those beautiful red machines as used by Delgado and Indurain. The recent models
    are superb as well (IMO).

    Does anyone know if there is any explanation for this sudden drop in teams for Fausto and Giovanni?

    Tags:

  2. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What is happening to Pinarello? They lost Telekom and Fassa and I assume that the new sponsor for
    > Banesto may look elsewhere too. That has to hurt man, after great results for so many years and
    > now they will be gone from the Div 1 peloton completely?
    >
    > I guess that happens but I always loved those bikes since Alexi won the Olympic RR in LA on that
    > "Arco" Pinarello and those beautiful red machines as used by Delgado and Indurain. The recent
    > models are superb as well (IMO).
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is any explanation for this sudden drop in teams for Fausto and
    > Giovanni?

    In the case of Telekom, it sure looks like the money that Giant brought along had a lot to do
    with Pinarello losing that deal. Money goes a long way in that business. Fassa will be on
    Pinarellos again. Illes Balears-Banesto will be on Opera, which is a line of Pinarello.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "We're not laughing -at- you, we're laughing -with- you..) "But... I'm not
    laughing???" Happiness

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  3. Smiles

    Smiles Guest

  4. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    now thats a bike.....

  5. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    >What is happening to Pinarello? They lost Telekom and Fassa and I assume that the new sponsor for
    >Banesto may look elsewhere too. That has to hurt man, after great results for so many years and now
    >they will be gone from the Div 1 peloton completely?

    Think of all the money they will save. That might make their bikes more affordable.

    >I guess that happens but I always loved those bikes since Alexi won the Olympic RR in LA on that
    >"Arco" Pinarello and those beautiful red machines as used by Delgado and Indurain. The recent
    >models are superb as well (IMO).

    I too liked them a lot, but I have never owned one. None of the new models really catch my eye. The
    funky wave fork likes interesting, if gimicky.
    Alex