Pinarello bikes?

Nick Burns

Guest
What is happening to Pinarello? They lost Telekom and Fassa and I assume that the new sponsor for
Banesto may look elsewhere too. That has to hurt man, after great results for so many years and now
they will be gone from the Div 1 peloton completely?

I guess that happens but I always loved those bikes since Alexi won the Olympic RR in LA on that
"Arco" Pinarello and those beautiful red machines as used by Delgado and Indurain. The recent models
are superb as well (IMO).

Does anyone know if there is any explanation for this sudden drop in teams for Fausto and Giovanni?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

> What is happening to Pinarello? They lost Telekom and Fassa and I assume that the new sponsor for
> Banesto may look elsewhere too. That has to hurt man, after great results for so many years and
> now they will be gone from the Div 1 peloton completely?
>
> I guess that happens but I always loved those bikes since Alexi won the Olympic RR in LA on that
> "Arco" Pinarello and those beautiful red machines as used by Delgado and Indurain. The recent
> models are superb as well (IMO).
>
> Does anyone know if there is any explanation for this sudden drop in teams for Fausto and
> Giovanni?

In the case of Telekom, it sure looks like the money that Giant brought along had a lot to do
with Pinarello losing that deal. Money goes a long way in that business. Fassa will be on
Pinarellos again. Illes Balears-Banesto will be on Opera, which is a line of Pinarello.

--
tanx, Howard

"We're not laughing -at- you, we're laughing -with- you..) "But... I'm not
laughing???" Happiness

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

>What is happening to Pinarello? They lost Telekom and Fassa and I assume that the new sponsor for
>Banesto may look elsewhere too. That has to hurt man, after great results for so many years and now
>they will be gone from the Div 1 peloton completely?

Think of all the money they will save. That might make their bikes more affordable.

>I guess that happens but I always loved those bikes since Alexi won the Olympic RR in LA on that
>"Arco" Pinarello and those beautiful red machines as used by Delgado and Indurain. The recent
>models are superb as well (IMO).

I too liked them a lot, but I have never owned one. None of the new models really catch my eye. The
funky wave fork likes interesting, if gimicky.
Alex