Pinarello Dogma Or Colnago C50?

Pinarello Dogma Or Colnago C50?

• Dogma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C50

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters
wilmar13 said:
Yeah...if it isn't defective, the guy you bought it from probably had an accident and did a great job gluing it back together to look like new :D Just be glad it happened as it did, rather than screaming down a mountain at 90kmph or out of the saddle sprinting at 60kph :eek:
Good point; the frame may have suffered a hard impact before strawpanda got it. The fork could have been replaced, and the frame given a cosmetic repair.....who knows? Really doubt Colnago will do much here, other than perhaps offer a discount on a new replacement frame. They don't warranty their frames for crash damage, and no point in taking a loss for someone not the original buyer.

On an old steel bike, often saw a bent fork from a heavy frontal impact. A good CF fork of course is super-strong, and doesn't yield like steel, so the shock load gets transmitted right to the head tube joints.

Some people here say that C-40's are way too much money... well.....

A friend of mine bought a new 2003 C-40 just over a year ago, for $1700 .... and after he built it all up , he has about $2800 into it. Not bad if you ask me :) Just have to keep your eyes/ears open is all.

Get a Pinarello Prince SL, its actually lighter than the Dogma according to Competitive Cyclist website :eek:

Absolutely LOVE mine, accelerates like a rocket, and absorbs alot of road shock.

I had a Paris before from 1999 and they are 2 totally different bikes. The Paris is now my TT bike.

Rudy said:
well...I don't think you have to be sir "Lance" to own or ride one of these steed...the pure enjoyment and the attitude of doing your best is enough. Not all of us have the same ability.

However I do wonder about the ride quality of one of these bikes, especially at the asking price around $6000 to $8000. Are they really that good? or are they over hyped with the Italian's mystique. With just a four year warranty, like I said earlier, wouldn't a Ti frame with a lifetime warranty be better served?
Hello,
I own a second Pinarello Dogma acquired here in Europe in late 2005. The first one cracked at the BB / left chain stay joint. Pinarello did replace it after some painful harassement and bargaining. Yes, it is a nice ride but strictly is not worth the cash. It won't turn you into Lance or improve your speed from one day to the next. However it does come with high pride of ownership factor and that has made a difference for me. BTW, Pinarello guarantees this frame in Europe for 2 years and not 4. Not sure about the US.
David

The thread starter is spending serious cash on some of the highest-end bikes out there and he's asking for opinions of which to get? About colour choices? Obviously he has no intention of test riding these lux bikes and forming his own preferences......hope whatever he does get will see actual pavement and not end up nicely polished on the garage wall....

Anyway, for less than $5000, you can pick-up a C'dale Six13 with full Record 10 or Dura Ace 10, Ksyrium SSL, K-wing, Arione, etc. It doesn't have the same flashy appeal and high-rent image as the C50 or Dogma but rides just as well, maybe even better. I've ridden the Dogma, Madone and C50 and think the Six13 is the best of the bunch, but everyone is different....As for pedigree on the pro stage, the Six13 have been mixing it up successfully on that level too.

It's the damn engine that generates speed.....

Cheers.

I would spend my money on a CF Cervelo Soloist Team, as aero is the best way to go! I already have 3 good aero road bikes - a 2002 Giant Tcr Aero 2, a 2003 Cervelo Soloist Team, and a 2005 Kestrel Talon. I'd like a CF Cervelo P3 but I have too many bikes already (12). And I do like the 2005 Raleigh Prestige too - even though it's not aero.

I must agree with DCSmith, there's too much hype in the magnesium Dogma.
I've been riding mine for over a year but not on a regular basis for fear of the cracking I've heard so much about. The later ones are supposed to have addressed this but I have other bikes to ride and have no reason to test if this is true!

IMPO, the Dogma doesn't perform to the $. I had a Pinarello Prince and you got as good a ride for half the money. The Dogma does have an amazing paintjob, though. I've not ridden a C50 but a professional friend of mine prefers his old C40, if that tells you a little.

Right now, my fav would be my Kuota Kredo for high performance. Not heard of them? Go find out!

a.k.a.
90rpm

DCSmith said:
Hello,
I own a second Pinarello Dogma acquired here in Europe in late 2005. The first one cracked at the BB / left chain stay joint. Pinarello did replace it after some painful harassement and bargaining. Yes, it is a nice ride but strictly is not worth the cash. It won't turn you into Lance or improve your speed from one day to the next. However it does come with high pride of ownership factor and that has made a difference for me. BTW, Pinarello guarantees this frame in Europe for 2 years and not 4. Not sure about the US.
David

A team-mate of mine has cracked two dogmas. Both lasted about a year. He's had enough and bought a Scott CR1, which after a few weeks he says he far prefers to the dogma.

Seriously. When are you douchebags going to finally admit the failings of carbon fiber and admit that it's marketing driven. I mean really... if the bicycle industry made bikes out of a durable material like Titanium they wouldn't sell any more bikes.

If you are in the business of selling bikes you're going to promote the latest fad (carbon fiber) where your designs can be rendered obsolete by the ravages of time, direct sunlight, minor crashes, and the latest new weave pattern or whatever other ******** they make up to sucker you into buying the same **** in a different box.

It's real sad how friggen stupid people are. But there is good money in that stupidity.

cydewaze said:
Hey, I've seen those pics before. :p

I can't wait til IronDonut finds this thread.

IronDonut said:
Seriously. When are you douchebags going to finally admit the failings of carbon fiber and admit that it's marketing driven. I mean really... if the bicycle industry made bikes out of a durable material like Titanium they wouldn't sell any more bikes.

Gee, yeah, cupcake. Why, we all remember those years--heck it must have been 5 or 10 years or so--over which the industry didn't sell any bikes because all the steel bikes they'd made were so durable.

We should have a contest to see if anyone can be any more witless than IronDognuts.

We could also make a pretty huge list of all the things that he doesn't know about titanium or materials in general.

I'm not necessarily anti-carbon, I'm mostly anti-the-price-of-carbon! :p
Especially if you buy a good one in Australia; the Time VXRS frame sells for over $6000 down here!! Six grand for a farkin frame!!! :p JEBUZ!!

waki said:
Planning to purchase one of these frames.Pinarello Dogma Or Colnago C50?Colour?Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I were you I'd drop the wankerism bike idea and get say a $3000 bike and give the rest of the money to the poor of the world:)

People who really need it rather than a rider who 'really' doesn't need to loose 100 grams or similar between bikes for thousands of dollars more spent:(

IronDonut said:

If you are in the business of selling bikes you're going to promote the latest fad (carbon fiber) where your designs can be rendered obsolete by the ravages of time, direct sunlight, minor crashes, and the latest new weave pattern or whatever other ******** they make up to sucker you into buying the same **** in a different box.

It's real sad how friggen stupid people are. But there is good money in that stupidity.
===========================================================
I came across a guy with a broken(it hadn't been crashed, just broke) Colnago Bititano last year = Titanium frames can break too:eek: