Pinarello Dogma

Saw the review in Bicycling, and noted the Dogma uses an FSA Megatech Oversized BB with an FSA crank. This is the same setup I have bike, a custom frame built locally by SANO. I think the OS BB is an improvement over the cartridge-style BB in terms of bearing life, stiffness and overall frame strength; glad to see Pinarello is using a US-developed BB design and crankset on their high-end frame.

sevenrider310 said:
Anyone ride a Dogma or own one? I am considering it and wanted to get opinion. Worth the money?
Hello,
I bought one here in France and after about 1000 kms the frame cracked near the BB and left chain stay. It was still under guarantee and Pinarello sent me a new one from Italy free of charge. It's a pretty frame and rides very smoothly even on rough, uneven terrain while remaining very stiff. It's stiffness has been a critical point in that it requires some horsepower to keep speed and momentum going notably during climbs. I'd say that in that respect it's a demanding frame but replies with beautiful handling and comfortable rigidity provided you've got the watts to push it. Worth it? Very subjective question, to me it has been although I concede that it is vastly overpriced.
David