Pinarello forks errrrr

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Adam, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. Adam

    Adam Guest

    I have recently bought a Pinarello and wanted to change the forks for something different like an
    Easton full carbon job that is much lighter. Problem is that the bottem race of the internal headset
    DOESN'T fit???? I am stumped to find anyone who makes an adapter or a fork that fits. Any ideas or
    experiences.... PLEASE share I am 3/4 of a bike away from riding!!!!

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Not to put too fine a point on it but there are three different internal headsets. Moreover, most
    Pinarellos use external headsets.

    "Adam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have recently bought a Pinarello and wanted to change the forks
    for
    > something different like an Easton full carbon job that is much lighter. Problem is that the
    > bottem race of the internal headset DOESN'T fit???? I am stumped to find anyone who makes an
    > adapter or
    > fork that fits. Any ideas or experiences.... PLEASE share I am 3/4
    of
    > a bike away from riding!!!!

  3. Scott Patton

    Scott Patton Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Tom Kunich
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Not to put too fine a point on it but there are three different internal headsets. Moreover, most
    >Pinarellos use external headsets.
    >
    >"Adam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I have recently bought a Pinarello and wanted to change the forks
    >for
    >> something different like an Easton full carbon job that is much lighter. Problem is that the
    >> bottem race of the internal headset DOESN'T fit???? I am stumped to find anyone who makes an
    >> adapter or
    >> fork that fits. Any ideas or experiences.... PLEASE share I am 3/4
    >of
    >> a bike away from riding!!!!

    Not the top end ones.

    Scott