Pinarello Galileo vs Orbea XLR8R

puma

Jul 23, 2003
He guys and gals. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with either of these frames? I'm buying a new frame and have the opportunity to buy either for around $1000, and just looking for some feedback. Thanks as always.

Originally posted by puma
He guys and gals. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with either of these frames? I'm buying a new frame and have the opportunity to buy either for around $1000, and just looking for some feedback. Thanks as always.
I own an XLR8R with Campy Record. I have been training on this bike about 4 weeks now and am very happy with the frame. The ride seems to be very smooth, it corners very well and climbs better then anything I have ever ridden.

I also own an Orbea XLR8R with Campy 10sp Recoed setup. This is by far my favorite ride of the 5 road bikes I own (DeRosa, Haral, Paramount, Olmo) It is light, responsive, stiff without being overly harsh and great handling. I am 180lb and I ride a 58cm bike.
I highly recommend it.

Originally posted by XLR8R Man
I own an XLR8R with Campy Record. I have been training on this bike about 4 weeks now and am very happy with the frame. The ride seems to be very smooth, it corners very well and climbs better then anything I have ever ridden.

I have a 2002 Pinarello Galileo with Campagnolo Record components, Eurus wheels, Zepp Stem and Prima 199 bars. Fairly light but stiff. I like the handling and have placed about 6K miles on the bike. My steel Bianchi is a little slower handling, but is a more comfortable frame. The Galileo is a great bike for the price, but I'd like to try the 2004 model with carbon stays. Might make it a little more comfortable for 100k plus rides.