pinarello integrated headset

ilupi

Jun 15, 2004
hello, I'm an old visitor, but this my first post!

I have a pinarello galileo and the steerer is a bit rough. I wanted to remove the headset bearings and lubricate, but i can't remove the tap. And some part od the headset is stuck to the fork tube and i can't remove the fork because of this.

does it require a special tool to take out the cap, and remove the bearings, or do i have a problem in my steering column?

thanks

ilupi said:
hello, I'm an old visitor, but this my first post!

I have a pinarello galileo and the steerer is a bit rough. I wanted to remove the headset bearings and lubricate, but i can't remove the tap. And some part od the headset is stuck to the fork tube and i can't remove the fork because of this.

does it require a special tool to take out the cap, and remove the bearings, or do i have a problem in my steering column?

thanks
'Can't remove the tap' does not compute.I think your problem is understanding how HS work.Try the repair section at www.parktool.com

boudreaux said:
'Can't remove the tap' does not compute.I think your problem is understanding how HS work.Try the repair section at www.parktool.com

thanks, the right nomeclature is dust cap, according to parktool.

After all i've managed to remove it. At first it was stuck, but with some persistence it came off.
As far as i understand from competitivecyclist.com the pinarello headset has non standard bearings.
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/z...T_STANDARD&PRODUCT.ID=1517&CATEGORY.ID=&MODE=

Do you know if there is any other brand making similar bearings?

ilupi said:
thanks, the right nomeclature is dust cap, according to parktool.

After all i've managed to remove it. At first it was stuck, but with some persistence it came off.
As far as i understand from competitivecyclist.com the pinarello headset has non standard bearings.
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/z...T_STANDARD&PRODUCT.ID=1517&CATEGORY.ID=&MODE=

Do you know if there is any other brand making similar bearings?
You can take them to a bearing supply place and try for a matchup, otherwise SOL.

thanks a lot, that's what i'll do. however i don't have much hope...

ilupi said:
thanks a lot, that's what i'll do. however i don't have much hope...

Don't lose hope. I doubt Pinarello uses anything very exotic (in fact I bet they don't even make the headset, just have their name put on one), so you are apt to find what you need at a good bearing supply house. Have you tried to contact the Pinarello distributor where you live (or Pinarello directly)? Perhaps they can help.