Pinarello Marvel Help

Charlot

Dec 1, 2013
Has anyone ridden the Pinarello Marvel? Any reviews, knowledge, specs/weight of the Marvel would be greatly appreciated. I'm really interested in getting a Pinarello. I've heard nothing but praise from their company, but really would like more insight on the brand, and more importantly the Marvel. Anything helps!

Hi. I have a Pinarello Marvel and have been riding it for part of the fall and most of the winter. I have the easy fit version for women as I'm 5'4" with a long inseam (31.5") and it's the most comfortable and nimble bike I've ever ridden. My previous bike was a Kestrel Talon which had great stiffness for sprints and fast starts but a very aggressive cockpit so was unpleasant beyond 70 miles. The Marvel is quick off the start, my husband has to work harder to keep up with me on his Pinarello Paris and corners like it's on a rail. Very well balanced. At first I thought it was skittish and twitchy on uneven terrain like cobblestone and descents but it's just much more responsive than my old bike. I can lean over pretty far and pop right back up to stay in a straight line whereas on my Kestrel, leaning over that afar would commit me to making a turn. Great for climbing and stable on descents (once you get used to how easy it is to make it go whichever direction you want). I'm pretty much in love with my bike and have been riding in 35-40F weather throughout the winter cuz it's so fun (I used to hate riding in the rain and cold). I haven't weighed my bike but it's very light. A 54cm frame is supposed to weigh 1100g. The Marvel is a new bike for 2014 but it's based on the Paris frame but with 30HM12K carbon fiber instead of the stiffer 50HM1.5 oft he Paris. My LBS says that it replaces the old FP Quattro with a more aerodynamic front fork as well as the electronic shifting ready THINK2 infrastructure and a 11-speed cassette. I have the Ultegra groupset (my Kestrel was Dura-Ace) and the shifting is very smooth and seamless. Here's a link to a shop that has geometry info. Pinarello seems to run large (all brands do their measurements slightly differently) my Kestrel was a 52cm frame and the hubby's Masi was a 58 (his Paris is a 56). http://www.nytro.com/buy/pinarello-fp-marvel-ultegra-road-bike-810/ Hope this helps.

I'm waiting for this lbs to call me as soon as they have some marvel's in so I can go test ride one, if I like it which I probably will then I will just pull the trigger in my wallet and take that beauty home.