Pinarello Razhak Vs. Cannondale Synapse 105

GB135

Sep 2, 2015
These are two of the final considerations for my next road bike, test rides are pending.

Since I'm not expecting to purchase another bike for a very long time, I'm looking for an all-around bike, that's comfy on long rides, but will still go fast if I want to try and make it do that, with good durability and adaptable for future upgrades.

Will either of these disappoint or can you think of another brand/model to consider as equal to these?

I have the Synapse 105. If you can make a bike go fast, it'll go fast. It will ge faster, or at least go fast faster, if you get rid of the boat anchor wheels.

mpre53 said:
I have the Synapse 105. If you can make a bike go fast, it'll go fast. It will ge faster, or at least go fast faster, if you get rid of the boat anchor wheels.
I still have the stock wheels on my Synapse, what did you upgrade to?

Could be...and the shimaNO's are a bit on the heavy side.

I looked on the C-Dale website and one of the 2016 Synapse 105 rim brake model is equipped with Aksium's according to the spec sheet: http://www.cannondale.com/nam_en/2016/bikes/road/endurance-road/synapse-carbon/synapse-carbon-105-12

The other two 105 models were disc versions.

The Aksium's are decently light and accelerate quickly in my experience. MAybe lower rim mass? Sure, they're not 35 MM carbon's, but they are raceable.

shimaNO RS-21 and 31's are bit slower. Noticeably slower to punch up to speed. I've not ridden the 501's, but would guess they are also a bit on the slow side. 1900 grams is still light enough for fast training...again, just my 2 cents worth.

As mpre53 said, any bike will be faster and feel faster with a lighter wheel set.

The stock wheels on mine (2014 model, rim brakes) were R-500s. They are still on there. As Bob said, they are fine for training. They are better than a lot of the junk entry level wheels you find on many base models.

When I wear them out, I will upgrade. Aksiums would be good enough. I'd consider Eastons too. Depends on how much I can get away with spending. :D

Thanks for all the input. The wheelset on the 2015 Synapse 105 are either Shimano RS10s or 11s. Any comparison between those and the Aksioms? They didn't change the price for the new year model, so the only difference will be any price drop for buying last years and the wheels.
Still no comments on the Razha K?

I haven't ridden the Pinarello, but it's got the Italian curb appeal and reviews seem to be favorable. I was considering getting one from Competitive Cyclist when they put them on sale. They are out of stock now and be advised they do have a little more of a touristy/sportive head tube length...similar to the Emonda H2 I have. I would order a size down and bolt on a longer stem if I decide to try one, myself. Overall, pretty comaparable to the Synapse in the geometry area. Both are racy enough to go fast on. Both are going to be more comfy than all out road racers.

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-pinarello-razha-k-105-11s-mix-15-49315/

Reactions: GB135
You might like to try the Rokh as well. Same geometry, better carbon. Love mine - though have never ridden a Synapse.