Pinarello Sestriere geometry

Chas_T

Oct 10, 2005
Can anyone supply me with/point me in the direction of the specs/details/angles for a Pinarello Sestriere frame?

My father-in-law's just bought one and is very to know all its ins-and-outs... and I can't seem to find the info for him anywhere on that-there Electroweb. I think it was made/designed purely for the UK market so nothing on Pinarello's own site, but there must be some specs somewhere...

Think it's a 56cm or 57cm, by the way.... (are they sized Odd or Even?)

...OR failing that, if anyone happens to know whether the Sestriere SHARES the same geometry as any of Pinarello's OTHER models, then I'm laughing (cos I've got the specs of all the others).

Chas_T said:
...OR failing that, if anyone happens to know whether the Sestriere SHARES the same geometry as any of Pinarello's OTHER models, then I'm laughing (cos I've got the specs of all the others).

You or your father-in-law could consider measuring the bike.....

John M said:
You or your father-in-law could consider measuring the bike.....

Measure the head and seat angles of a frame that he hasn't built up into a bike yet?? Go on, then, tell me how to do it.

I'm all ears.

Chas_T said:
Measure the head and seat angles of a frame . . .

All of the geometry is in the frame and therefore does not require the bike to be built up to measure. The only dimensions that might be easier to with a built up bike are fork trail and standover height, but trail could be calculated if you know the head angle and fork rake, both of which are easily measured on the frame/fork, and standover height can be calculated from BB drop, seat tube height and knowing the radius of the wheel (with tire).

A ruler and protractor and long straight edge are all that you need. Measuring angles on a bike with a sloping top tube is a bit trickier but it can be done.

Diagrams to help you pick where to measure standard dimensions may be found at the following links. There may be better pictures elsewhere

http://www.cervelo.com/bikes/2005/SL-Carbon.html

http://www.kvanproductions.com/cycling/bicycle_geometry_101.htm

Interestingly, this is considered by some to be a 3rd-5th grade level skill.

http://www.pbs.org/teachersource/mathline/concepts/designandmath/activity1.shtm

Sarcasm! Thanks.

I strayed onto this forum (for the first time) to ask a perfectly straighforward question to (hopefully) knowledgeable cyclists and get sarcasm. This is how you welcome newcomers, is it?

I won't be straying here again. Thanks for your time.

Chas_T said:
Sarcasm! Thanks.

I strayed onto this forum (for the first time) to ask a perfectly straighforward question to (hopefully) knowledgeable cyclists and get sarcasm. This is how you welcome newcomers, is it?

I won't be straying here again. Thanks for your time.

Dear Chas T,

I apologize for the sarcasm. The first suggestion to measure the frame was a serious reply since I, like you, could not find any specific info on the Sestriere frame on the web. As you stated, it appears to be a UK specific model and the dissemination of information on that model is likely limited.

I guess that I interpreted the "Go on, then, tell me how to do it." as a sort of sarcasm on your part. As if indicating that you measure the frame was like telling you to fly or cure cancer.

I did try to provide you with some clear information as to how to measure the frame information with simple tools. In trying find websites with nice diagrams, I came across that PBS one, and threw it in there as a joke.

I have been participating in this forum for about 6 months. It is frequented by those who love cycling, have some experience to share, and if you return, you will find out, are also inclined towards a bit of sarcasm on occasion.

No hard feelings, I hope, and I am sure that your father-in-law will enjoy the Pinarello.

JM :)

Chas_T said:
Can anyone supply me with/point me in the direction of the specs/details/angles for a Pinarello Sestriere frame?

My father-in-law's just bought one and is very to know all its ins-and-outs... and I can't seem to find the info for him anywhere on that-there Electroweb. I think it was made/designed purely for the UK market so nothing on Pinarello's own site, but there must be some specs somewhere...

Think it's a 56cm or 57cm, by the way.... (are they sized Odd or Even?)
Pinarello's are available in 1cm increments. The older models use a center to top measurement on the seat tube and the newer models are measured C-C.

do you know what year it is?

A friend of mine bought one about a year ago, and we had trouble finding out any info on that model.

Either way, he loves it.