PING! Barb Schaller

Ed Grabau And P

Guest
I apologize for such a late answer to your email---Ed and I were on a road trip and more (don't
bother to snicker---we're moving ass out of our home state, which is the reason for the road trip!).

The answer is NO, these Frontiernet.net idjuts haven't even acknowledged the problem, much less
solved it. It looks like the idjuts have lost a subscriber, but we need some down time to make the
transition. So, how do you feel about earthlink?

OTOH, I do need to make a run to Penzey's---the list is growing! Send me your phone number via
personal email to me (glad I can receive, if not send), and we'll make a date.

Pam

In article <[email protected]>, "Ed Grabau and Pam
Jacoby" <pjjehg @frontiernet.net> wrote:

> I apologize for such a late answer to your email---Ed and I were on a road trip and more
> (don't bother to snicker---we're moving ass out of our home state, which is the reason for the
> road trip!).
>
> The answer is NO, these Frontiernet.net idjuts haven't even acknowledged the problem, much less
> solved it. It looks like the idjuts have lost a subscriber, but we need some down time to make the
> transition. So, how do you feel about earthlink?
>
> OTOH, I do need to make a run to Penzey's---the list is growing! Send me your phone number via
> personal email to me (glad I can receive, if not send), and we'll make a date.

> Pam

I've been with Earthlink for 3+ years. I don't use their news server, though -- it sucked. If you
sign on with them, please use my name -- I'll get a free month or something. For an email address to
give them, use (barbschalleratearthlinkdotnet).

I've been pleased with their tech support when I've had a problem (always minor). Where are you
moving to? My BIL said he was going to strap a snow shovel to the roof of his car and drive south
until someone asked him what it was. :) Weloveithere,weloveithere,weloveithere.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I've been with Earthlink for 3+ years. I don't use their news server, though -- it sucked.

Actually, EL's news servers are greatly improved in the last year. There are "East" and "West"
EL news servers now instead of just one. Since this development, they are just as good as
anyone else....

If you sign on with them, please use my name --
> I'll get a free month or something. For an email address to give them, use
> (barbschalleratearthlinkdotnet).

Plus which, new subscribers get either 3 or 6 months at $9.95...a good deal.

--
Best Greg

"Melba's Jammin'"wrote
"Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby" wrote:

> > I apologize for such a late answer to your email---Ed and I were on a road trip and more (don't
> > bother to snicker---we're moving ass out of our home state, which is the reason for the road
> > trip!).
> >
> > The answer is NO, these Frontiernet.net idjuts haven't even acknowledged the problem, much less
> > solved it. It looks like the idjuts have lost a subscriber, but we need some down time to make
> > the transition. So, how do you feel about earthlink?
> >
> > OTOH, I do need to make a run to Penzey's---the list is growing! Send me your phone number via
> > personal email to me (glad I can receive, if not send), and we'll make a date.
>
> > Pam
>
> I've been with Earthlink for 3+ years. I don't use their news server, though -- it sucked. If you
> sign on with them, please use my name -- I'll get a free month or something. For an email address
> to give them, use (barbschalleratearthlinkdotnet).
>
> I've been pleased with their tech support when I've had a problem (always minor). Where are you
> moving to? My BIL said he was going to strap a snow shovel to the roof of his car and drive south
> until someone asked him what it was. :) Weloveithere,weloveithere,weloveithere.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail;
> a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

Moving to Colorado Springs. Going to be a process, so will be about 18 months or more. Got our home
and the lake house---the lake joint goes first, obviously.

So, I take it that you're not all that enamored with earthlink. I'm asking for us and for my
daughter; particularly for her because she does business with email, and she's getting paranoid with
earthlink. All information and thoughts welcome!

Pam

Ob food: Texaco truck stop restaurant on the hwy 30 exit west off I35, south side of Ames, Iowa---
they make and serve fresh potato chips, like to die for!!!

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>, "Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby" <pjjehg
> @frontiernet.net> wrote:
>
>> I apologize for such a late answer to your email---Ed and I were on a road trip and more (don't
>> bother to snicker---we're moving ass out of our home state, which is the reason for the road
>> trip!).
>>
>> The answer is NO, these Frontiernet.net idjuts haven't even acknowledged the problem, much less
>> solved it. It looks like the idjuts have lost a subscriber, but we need some down time to make
>> the transition. So, how do you feel about earthlink?
>>
>> OTOH, I do need to make a run to Penzey's---the list is growing! Send me your phone number via
>> personal email to me (glad I can receive, if not send), and we'll make a date.
>
>> Pam
>
> I've been with Earthlink for 3+ years. I don't use their news server, though -- it sucked. If you
> sign on with them, please use my name -- I'll get a free month or something. For an email address
> to give them, use (barbschalleratearthlinkdotnet).
>
> I've been pleased with their tech support when I've had a problem (always minor). Where are you
> moving to? My BIL said he was going to strap a snow shovel to the roof of his car and drive south
> until someone asked him what it was. :) Weloveithere,weloveithere,weloveithere.

Earthlink's tech support was very good the 3 or 4 years I used them. Charter had a contract with
Earthlink which is why I used them. I also found their news servers to be unreliable. When Charter
and Earthlink parted company I had the option to keep Earthlink for a monthly fee. I told 'em to
take a hike as I get 5 email accounts for free with my Charter cable subscription. I don't miss
Earthlink but I would probably re- subscribe with them.

Michael

--
"The carp was dead, killed, assassinated, murdered in the first, second and third degree. Limp, I
fell into a chair, with my hands still unwashed reached for a cigarette, lighted it, and waited for

Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby wrote:

> So, I take it that you're not all that enamored with earthlink. I'm
asking
> for us and for my daughter; particularly for her because she does business with email, and she's
> getting paranoid with earthlink. All information
and
> thoughts welcome!

Why is she paranoid with Earthlink?

--
Best Greg

"Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby" <pjjehg @frontiernet.net> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Melba's Jammin'"wrote "Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby" wrote:
>
> So, I take it that you're not all that enamored with earthlink. I'm
asking
> for us and for my daughter; particularly for her because she does business with email, and she's
> getting paranoid with earthlink. All information
and
> thoughts welcome!
>
> Pam

Earthlink's service is pretty good - better than I had at Concentric over the last couple of years.
The customer service is not bad but nowhere near as good as Concentric's was. <shrug> Barb doesn't
use earthlink's news server. I would not either except I can't get connected to the German server I
used to use for some reason. Earthlink's news service is much better than it used to be. If I ever
get enervated, I will try to connect to the German server again.

Charlie

In article <[email protected]>, "Ed Grabau and Pam Jacoby" <pjjehg
@frontiernet.net> wrote: (snip)
> So, I take it that you're not all that enamored with earthlink. I'm asking for us and for my
> daughter; particularly for her because she does business with email, and she's getting paranoid
> with earthlink. All information and thoughts welcome! Pam

On the contrary. Sorry if you got that impression. I've been very happy with their service. (I'm on
a dial-up) Their mail filter is good, though it takes some effort on the user's part to effectively
use it. I've seen no need to change. If your daughter is and will continue to be in the Twin Cities,
I've heard **nothing but good about VISI.com.**
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

In article <[email protected]>,
"Gregory Morrow" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> > I've been with Earthlink for 3+ years. I don't use their news server, though -- it sucked.
>
> Actually, EL's news servers are greatly improved in the last year. There are "East" and "West" EL
> news servers now instead of just one. Since this development, they are just as good as anyone
> else....

I'd heard about that, but am content with the server I use now.
--

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

> If your daughter is and will continue to be in the Twin Cities, I've heard **nothing but good
> about VISI.com.**

I'll second VISI -- been a customer of theirs for years. Excellent service, very rarely a busy on
dial-up. Leaving VISI was the one bummer about going with a cable modem.

sd